1: Average Day Until...

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Hiccup smiled as he sat down on the bus next to Astrid. She gave him a peck on the cheek before staring back out the window. Not long after, the bus stopped in front of his best friend Jack's house.

And obviously, Jack sat down in the seat across from them. "So lovebirds, what are you up to in this fine Thursday morning."

Astrid raised an eyebrow at the cheeky brunette.

"What?" Jack asked.

It was Hiccup's turn to give him strange looks, "What's with you?"

"Okay, fine. That prissy girl is pissing me off. We have to work on a stupid ass project together!"

Now they understood. Jack constantly complained about Elsa Arendelle. Though he didn't understand why, Elsa was actually one of Hiccup's closest friends. "What did she supposedly do now?"

"It's not a supposedly, Hiccup. She thinks she owns the world! She makes some annoying comment about how all I ever do is mess around, and then she walks away with a sway of her hips like in some stereotype high school movie! And I'm going to have to deal with her first hour, today!"

He had seen Jack worked up over Elsa often...it was almost as if Jack was trying to convince himself to hate her.

"I still don't understand what your problem is with her."

"I just told you."

The bus finally arrived at school and they bolted off. It was December and the cold air nipped at their skin even through their heavy jackets. They quickly made their way to the cafeteria where most of the students were until the warning bell rang.

Hiccup, Astrid, and Jack sat at one of the tables.

"Hi, guys." Anna Arendelle greeted as she sat next to Astrid.

Jack cringed. "Please tell me your devil sister isn't here." he begged.

Anna rolled her eyes. "We all know you like her Jackson, get over yourself and tell her already."

"What?" Jack exclaimed, "I don't like your sister."

"Uh huh, and she doesn't like you either." Anna said sarcastically.

"What?" He asked again, though this time he was more intrigued, and Anna definitely noticed this—as did everyone else.

"Come on, Jack," Astrid started, "honestly tell us you didn't know."

"Uhh..."

"Holy shit, you didn't!"

Jack sat there staring at them. Right as he was about to say something, the bell rang and he walked to his locker. He made his way to his English classroom. Elsa sat in the desk next to his reading a book. He tried to make out the title as he sat next to her. "Did you finish the outline I emailed you?" She asked without looking up from the book.

He sighed, "Yes, Your Majesty."

That got her attention. She put in a bookmark and shifted in her seat to stare him down. He had to admit, she was a bit intimidating. "What did you call me?"

"Your Majesty. Because you always act like the Queen B—"

Elsa scoffed, interrupting him, "yeah. That is how people seem to see me, isn't it?" The way she looked at him made it almost as if she just told him some huge secret. Some big part of herself that no one else knew.

He wanted to ask more but figured she probably wouldn't say much more on the subject.

But what the hell, now he was curious. "What do you mean?"

She studied him for a long time, and he could practically see her battling on whether or not to trust him. He really did hate her...but if that was the case why was he so interested in learning more about her? For crying out loud he'd known her since fifth grade when her family moved to Dreamixney! So why did he start to care all of a sudden?

No. He refused to care. She was a prissy stuck up bitch. Always had been and always would be.

Elsa noticed his change of emotion.

"Why am I even thinking about telling you?" She said out loud. "It's not like you would care."

He couldn't help but be defensive. "What do you mean I wouldn't care?"

The bell rang and class began, not allowing Elsa the chance to answer.

Jack couldn't help wondering why she would act like that if she supposedly liked him. Women were strange, he decided. He didn't understand Emma or his mother, and Elsa was a complete mystery...a snotty one at that.

"Okay class," Mr. Walter began, " today we are going to have a workday for your children's books. We're going to head down to lab 1109 where you and your partner will finish and print out the outline. I need the outline by the end of class otherwise it will be a zero in the grade book. Any questions?" He looked around the room where multiple students shook their heads no. "Alright you can head down then."

The students did as they were told, walking down the long hallway to the computer lab.

Jack and Elsa were next to each other but not saying a word throughout the journey. Even after they had been sitting in front of the computers for ten minutes and every other group had started chatting about anything but their projects, Elsa refused to say a thing.

He opened the chat on the document they were working on. Ya kno we'd probably ace this if we, oh, idk, talk to each other, and actually discuss our ideas like we're supposed to. just sayin'.

Elsa glared at the screen but turned her chair towards his triumphant grin.

"I liked your idea about the rabbit," she complimented. "But I think the story should take place during winter...because with it being in spring, it makes me think of easter, but the story has nothing to do with easter."

He nodded understanding. "Yeah that's cool," Elsa rolled her eyes at his intentional pun. "I like winter better anyway—snowballs and fun times. Not to mention the snow days."

Elsa pursed her lips, attempting to contain the small smile that was trying to sneak it's way through. 

"I saw that, you know." Jack grinned. Maybe he was breaking through the prissy shell of hers.

For the rest of the class they worked in peace, finishing the outline and starting on the rough draft.

"The rough draft of your books will be due next class, so monday. You can do whatever you want for the next five minutes, as long as it's not illegal. Screw around on your phones, or whatever it is you do these days." Mr. Walter joked, but most of the class didn't appreciate his humor like Elsa did.

She turned to Jack, who was packing up his stuff. "There's no way we're going to be able to get this done by Monday if we work on it separately. You could come over to my house tomorrow, if you wanted." She was confident, but in situations like this she had to try really hard to not make a fool of herself.

He'd been to the Arendelle's before, a few times in fact. Hiccup and Emma sometimes dragged him along when they went to hang out with the sisters. Usually he would leave within the first five minutes of arriving there because he had no place there. 

Jack looked up from his backpack at her, "Yeah that should be fine."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro