3: Pranks and Punishments

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

MERIDA received several texts from her friends for the rest of the week, she had been avoiding them as much as possible. Most of the messages were from Hiccup and Anna. All of them were asking if she was okay. How could she be okay? What did that even mean anyway?

One message finally caught her attention--it was from Elsa who had so far been the only one that seemed to realize Merida needed space. 

I'll be at your place in ten, pack a bag ~Elsa

Merida wasn't in the mood to question, she wasn't in the mood to do anything. But she stuffed a duffel bag with pajamas, a change of clothes, and her phone charger anyway. What was the point in fighting? There were only two people that matched her stubbornness, one being Elsa, the other was Hiccup. Usually Merida would be able to charm her way around Hiccup, but she could never win with Elsa.

Once she was done packing, she went into the kitchen to find her mother. She was barely able to look Elinor in the eye, still unable to share her secret with anyone in fear of what they would say or do. "Elsa's pickin' me up in a lil bit."

"Oh! Good!" Everyone in the DunBroch house had noticed Merida's bad mood, so Elinor was glad she was getting out of the house in hopes it would cheer the girl up. "Have fun dear."

"Yeah. Bye mum."

"Love ya dear." Elinor gave her a hug, causing Merida to tense. Thankfully the embrace didn't last very long.

"Love ya too. I'm going ta wait outside."

She didn't wait for her mother's reply, walking right out the ancient looking wooden door that lead to the front porch. Elsa was there exactly at the ten minute mark. Merida picked up her bag and got in the passenger seat of the car. "What ar' we doin'?"

Elsa pulled the car out of the driveway, "Rapunzel wanted to have a sleepover, and I can't tolerate them without you. The guys are there too, but Punz was expecting them later--they're gonna try to prank her." In any other circumstance, Merida would want in on the pranking, but she was to busy worrying over Hiccup being there that she didn't fully take in what Elsa was saying.

KRISTOFF watched from behind a bush as Elsa and Merida entered Rapunzel's house. He whispered into a walkie-talkie, making sure to use the code words they had agreed on earlier. "Snow Princess and Raged Red have entered the Castle."

"Roger that," was Flynn's response. He, Jack, and Hiccup had snuck into the mansion earlier without Rapunzel or Anna knowing, preparing their traps. Hiccup was caught by Elsa but, to the boys' surprise, she promised not to tell as long as they swore not to attack her.

"Phase one in position?" Hiccup asked--he was the one to plan everything out. 

"Copy, phase one in position." Jack answered.

Kristoff left his spot from behind the bush and crawled into the open window next to him. Careful not to let Rapunzel, Anna, or Merida see him, he joined a waiting Hiccup in the kitchen. "Merida is going to kill you, you know."

Hiccup frowned, his green eyes burning with nothing but determination. "That's why I'm doing this, her wanting to kill me is better than having her ignore me and sulk around like she has been the past week.  All I want is for her to talk to me, to tell me what's wrong."

Kristoff understood, but luckily for him Anna was back to her chipper self only two weeks after Mister and Misses Arendelle's deaths. "Jack's going through it with Elsa too, you guys just gotta hang in there."

"But Merida's parents didn't die, her mom didn't go into remission--I called Mrs. DunBroch to check--she won't tell anyone what's going on."

"If I knew I would tell you in a heartbeat."

"I know. Thanks Kristoff."

A shrill scream alerted them that phase one was complete.

RAPUNZEL screamed as a bucket of ice water was dumped over her head. She looked up just in time to see Jack ducking behind the banister of the stairs. "When the hell did you get here Jackson?"

"They snuck in about an hour ago," Elsa answered for him.

Anna looked concerned, "They?"

"I caught Hiccup earlier."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Rapunzel raised her arms to her sides in a questioning gesture. She was surprised her cousin didn't say that their boyfriends were sneaking around her house. Unsure whether to be hurt or happy Elsa was getting back to herself, she looked to the girl in question. 

Elsa shrugged, "I wanted to see the outcome, and made them promise not to get me, so I'm safe...you three have fun now."

"This was Hiccup's idea, I can tell." Anna said.

Merida shook her head, speaking for the first time. "No it was Jack's, Hicc just drew out da master plan."

Rapunzel nodded in agreement, "Mer's right. And since this was originally Jack's idea, we need to think like Jack. Elsa, what's his next move?"

Elsa shook her head, "Nope, I'm safe, I'm not jeopardizing that."

She groaned at her cousin, "You suck." But Merida knows how Hiccup does things... "Merida, any ideas?"

The redhead hesitated, giving in anyway. "He'll have it organized inta phases. An' he'll try ta veer us to a specific spot fer da final attack."

"Where do you think that'll be?"

"Somewhere easy ta clean." She deadpanned. 

"Then we'll avoid the kitchen and pool at all costs." Rapunzel suggested.

The four girls began cautiously roaming the halls, it seemed like there was a trap for them around every bend. Rapunzel would always see a flash of Jack or Flynn as they dashed around a corner. She wondered where Kristoff and Hiccup were hidden for the finale.

True to their word, the boys only struck everyone except Elsa. No matter how much Rapunzel, Merida, and Anna tried to avoid their traps, they were doused in chocolate then drenched in multi-covered feathers. A pitch black hallway had sets of glowing eyes, frightening Anna and Rapunzel--that was what Elsa caught Hiccup setting up. Glitter rained down upon three out of the four before they accidentally stumbled into the kitchen.

Rapunzel glared at the boys who were lined up behind the kitchen island with big buckets in front of them. "I hope you know you are going to be the ones cleaning all this up."

Flynn grinned at her. "I thought you might say that Blondie, so we made sure to have a chat with Marie. She said she would follow behind you with the rest of the staff and clean up as you went along."

Rapunzel glowered, hoping the girls would help her figure out a worse punishment when this was set and done.

"Oh, and Bestie," Hiccup addressed Elsa, "You were only safe for phases one through four."

"How many phases are there?" Anna asked.

"Six."

JACK watched for Hiccup to give the signal. Right as the the word came out of his mouth, Hiccup tapped two fingers on either side of his bucket three times, alerting the boys to action. Without a second thought Jack took a balloon from his bucket, and launched it at Elsa. When it exploded, shaving cream splattered across her chest. Kristoff and Flynn had done the same to Anna and Rapunzel, while Hiccup stared at Merida with a pleading expression.

Finally, the girls were at their last straw and decided to retaliate. The Arendelle sisters racing to grab balloons from the buckets and chucking them back at Jack and Kristoff.

Jack was impressed with Elsa's aim, so far she'd gotten him in the chest four times and once in the head.

He crouched below the island and looked down to his bucket. He was running out of ammo, having only three left. Shit.

Elsa caught him off guard by kicking the bucket away and watching him with a steely glare.

"Hi Snowflake." He made an attempt to smile, failing miserably.

"Don't you "'hi Snowflake' me, we had a deal."

"Which you broke--"

"Which none of you intended to keep," Elsa cut him off.

"Com'on," Jack whined, "look me in the eyes and tell me you're not having at least a little bit of fun." A ghost of a smile crossed her lips and he recognized it immediately as her "fine, you're right" smile. "See!"

Elsa sighed, "Alright, alright." She held out a hand, helping him stand up. Kristoff, Flynn, Anna, and Rapunzel were continuously throwing the balloons back and forth at each other. Hiccup and Merida were still in their untouched stare-off. "So...what's phase six?"

"Can't tell you."

"Sure you can."

"Hiccup will kill me."

"As much as i'd love to see him try, you're faster than he is, and he has other things to worry about right now." They both looked at Merida, despite being covered in chocolate, feather, and glitter, she didn't look angry--she looked scared.

Jack was just as concerned as Elsa, "What do you think is wrong."

She shrugged and he wrapped an arm around her shoulder. He smiled when she pushed herself closer to him. "I don't know," She whispered.

"That's what phase six is. Trust me, we'll figure it out, we'll help her." Jack pressed a gentle kiss to her temple. "I love you."

He was unbelievably relieved when she said, "I love you too."

ANNA walked down the stairs to the Den after showering. Earlier, when they had run out of balloons, almost all the teenagers hopped into the pool--Merida being the one to walk away to take a shower instead. Anna yawned as she plopped down on the brown leather couch next to Kristoff. "Phase six?"

"Merida," Jack answered from the couch next to the pale yellow loveseat. The two guys shared a strange look before Jack spoke again, "I already told Elsa, and I bet twenty bucks that Flynn told Rapunzel."

Anna shook her head. "He wouldn't. Rapunzel is worse at keeping secrets than I am." She noticed Kristoff give Jack an "I told you so" glare. "Don't worry, I won't slip this time."

"You better not," Hiccup said as he and Elsa came into the room, "this might be our only chance before Merida locks herself up completely."

Elsa sat next to Anna instead of Jack. Hiccup was on the floor, leaning against the front of the leather couch. They chatted for about fifteen minutes until  Flynn, Rapunzel, and Merida had gathered in the Den as well. Flynn and Rapunzel joined Jack on the loveseat and Merida sat alone in a purple Chair

"So phase six..." Flynn started.

"Anna," Jack grinned. "Truth or dare?"

"Dare."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro