-10-

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Hunk watched as Zelda and Nova stared at their bowls. He had run out of alien ingredients after dinner last night, and there was only food goo left. Fortunately, he had managed to save some seasoning so the food goo was (at the least) edible. Zelda turned to her dad. Hunk still wasn't over the fact that Keith had two kids. After all, Keith and he were the same age. He couldn't imagine ever having kids at his age. Later on in the future, yes, but in his teen years he would never even seen it as an option.

"What is this?" Zelda asked curiously. Nova poked her goo with her spoon. Her face was scrunched up.

"It's breakfast," Keith told the five-year-old bluntly. He scooped up another mouthful and started to chew again. Zelda didn't look satisfied by his answer, pressing her spoon around the edge of the bowl.

"Just eat it, think of it like oatmeal." Keith sighed, throwing Hunk an apologetic glance. Hunk shook his head with a small smile. He had been a babysitter for Lance's family multiple times, he knew how kids were. Especially, picky eaters.

"Oatmeal isn't green." Nova pointed out with a huff. Keith stopped eating and looked up to the ceiling. He let out a long, exasperated sigh.

"Eat it or y'all won't be able to see the rest of the castle." Keith decided. Zelda's eyes widened. She quickly picked up her spoon again and shoveled a spoonful in her mouth. She chewed hesitantly. Her face remained calm as she swallowed a few minutes later. She let out a small hum before eating another spoonful. Nova followed cautiously, her eyes glaring at the green food goo as if it had personally offended her.

The two girls ate in silence for a few minutes.

"So, how does it taste?" Shiro pressed.

Nova swallowed loudly and kept her eyes on the bowl. It was about halfway empty.

"It tastes like strawberries." She decided before having another bite. Keith smirked and looked at the two. His face was softer than Shiro had ever seen it. His eyes holding a different look to them. His glares were no longer venomous, but filled with compassion. Shiro liked the subtle change in him.

"See, told you it was good." He remarked.

"Actually, Daddy, you told us we should think of it like oatmeal." Nova shot back. Zelda giggled and reached for a glass. It was filled with a thick, pink liquid. A white straw protruded out the side. She took a sip before spitting it out swiftly. Keith cocked an eyebrow. Zelda's cheeks were red as she placed the cup down urgently.

"So," she choked out, "sour." She coughed and Pidge hid their snickers behind their hand.

"Eat some of the goo, it's tame enough to ease the pain." Keith told her, Zelda took no time before placing her face in her bowl.

"Zelda!" Nova squealed as her sister lifted herself up from the bowl. Hunk and Lance laughed.

Zelda's eyelashes were covered in green goo, bits and chunks getting into wisps of hair that escaped from her sloppy braid, and her cheeks shone with moisture the goo held. A few strands of hair fell down her face and goo swung with them. Her cheeks were puffed out, her mouth filled with the goo. She blinked, narrowly avoiding getting anything in her eyes. Goo dripped slowly from her forehead, sliding down to her eyebrows. Keith choked on a laugh.

Zelda made a show of chewing the goo, which was too much for her small mouth. Keith grabbed a napkin and held it up to her face as goo trickled down the tips of her lips. He pressed the bowl under her chin and she opened her mouth.

Nova squealed and giggled as Zelda let the food drop back into her bowl. Keith held up the napkin as an attempt to hide the view from the others.

Hunk handed Keith another napkin after Zelda had finished letting the goo escape. Her bowl was placed on the table, but Zelda was squirming away from Keith. Keith had started rubbing her face with the napkin.

"Daddy!" She complained, her voice high-pitched as Keith rolled his eyes.

"You are covered in goo, Zelds." He scolded lightly as he continued. Zelda clenched her eyes shut as he went over her nose. Goo spreading on her skin before being rubbed off by the napkin.

"You look like your covered in boogers!" Nova teased lightly between laughs. This only made Lance laugh harder, Pidge starting to not hide their laughs. Keith let out a short snort and stopped cleaning off Zelda's face. She was still covered significantly in goo, but her eyelashes, cheeks, and mouth were decently cleared of anything. She stuck her tongue out at Nova. The paladins, as Keith's daughters ate, started to switch topics.

"So, Keith, I'm still kind of surprised I didn't see you in the training room earlier this morning," Shiro commented. He took a sip of the same drink Zelda had. His reaction was not to the extreme of hers. He preferred sour drinks.

"I would have, but these two firecrackers decided to join me in bed in the middle of the nights. I couldn't escape Nova's clutched if I tried, she holds onto me in her sleep with a death grip." He told him. His cheeks were tinted pink as he admitted that. Nova, hearing her name, perked up. She glanced over at Keith but soon went back to eating.

"That bad?" Pidge questioned.

"Not bad, per say. Just... difficult to escape. She's a strong little girl."

"It's cause she's a gangsta baby!" Zelda threw in. Keith chuckled and shrugged lightly. He ate a bite of goo. His spoon clinked against the side of the glass bowl. Lance going for seconds as Hunk reached for a drink refill.

"Where'd you learn gangsta baby from?" Keith asked, a bit of sass mixing with his amused tone. Zelda smiled politely. With the most innocent expression she could muster, she answered; "Mommy. She said Nova could kill guys with one stare."

"Like Medusa!" Nova added in.

The girls picked up their empty bowls and stacked them onto Keith's. Shiro had barely any time to register it was empty too.

"Well then, what would that make Zelda?" Lance had asked the two. Nova smirked.

"If you're asking me, she's a Miss Bossy Pants."

"Hey," Keith warned, "be nice."

Zelda leaned over to Nova. Her body going over Keith's. She pressed her hands around her mouth and cupped them around her lips.

"Daddy's a Miss Bossy Pants." She whispered loudly.

This time, everyone laughed.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro