001 , "hello, Mr. Stark"

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

ONE:
Hello, Mr. Stark.

MELANIE BLAKE IS SPIDER-WOMAN.

One thing about being a superhero, is you get into a lot a fights. Melanie had never been the type to purposefully get into fights, so naturally, she was great at it. Melanie hated the idea of hurting a person—physically and mentally. So when she was bit by that spider she had to change everything she believed in. She had to change every way her mind worked—which was a lot harder then she thought.

When peter suggested they do something good with what was given to them by becoming superheros and 'fighting crime', she hated it. All she wanted to do was hide in the corner of a dark room until she was old enough to die peacefully in her sleep, but peter wouldn't let her. He didn't leave her alone until she finally agreed (it only took like a week).

For six months they defended New York against random criminals. Crimes stretching from a simple mugging to robbing a bank.

In all honestly, she didn't mind her new never-paying job, but it was only because of her partner.

"Melly wait"

Melanie pulled one of her earbuds out, turning around to face the voice that approached her. She shouldn't have been surprised to see Peter, he was properly the only person who knew her name. And yet, the moment she saw him she nearly tripped over her own feet.

He looked excited—which was never a good thing. "Peter—Pete—Petey—hey" the girl mentally rolled her eyes. How could she—the girl who's always gotten straight A's in English, mess it up and forget half the words.

She pulled out her second earbud just as he caught up to her.

"Come with me, I want to show something" Peter grabbed her wrist, pulling her back down the hall towards his apartment.

They were neighbors—had been since peter moved in with his Aunt and Uncle, that's how they met.

The day Melanie's Dad died, she spent the whole day on her fire escape. She didn't really want to go inside and hear her mom cry. So the instead she sat outside in the rain, her feet dangling off the edge and her chin resting against the bar.

Peter was a curious—and nosy—child, so when he saw the girl sitting alone on her fire escape, he thought It was a great idea to go talk to her.

And that's how he made his first only friend—until sixth grade when he met Ned.

The two entered the boy's aunt's apartment, moving so fast Melanie practically tripped every other step.

"Hey May" the two greeted, neither noticing the other man on the coach.

"Hold on—I need a snack" The boy said, turning into the kitchen before they passed it.

Melanie was incredibly confused on what the plan was, but she continued to follow him anyway.

"How was school today?" May asked as the two walked through the kitchen.

"It was Okay" Peter said at the same time Melanie said "good."

Instead of following Peter towards the cabinets to raid the food supply, Melanie moved to the counter, resting her back against the tile.

"This crazy car is parked outside" Peter paused, his eyes stuck on something in the living room.

"Oh, Mr. Parker" Melanie nearly jumped at the new voice, immediately spinning around to see who it was "Ms. Blake"

"uh, what—what are you doing." Peter asked, clearly as shocked as the girl standing beside him.

The girl was beyond shocked when her eyes landed on The Tony Stark. "Hey, I'm—I'm—I'm Peter" he said, tripping over every word like Melanie had in the hallway.

"Tony" The Tony Stark said, introducing himself as if they didn't already know.

"What—" Peter's voice cracked "—what are you doing here" he asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"it's about time we met, you two have been getting my emails right" tony asked, looking between the kids.

Melanie glanced over at Peter, hoping he was as confused as her. If he was, he wasn't showing it. "Yeah. . . Yeah"

Everything Tony was saying continued to confused her. Melanie had no idea what the September foundation was, but it seemed like Peter knew what he was talking about, so she just pretended she did by nodding along.

"how about we talk in the other room?" Tony asked. Melanie—still confused—just nodded, letting out a half squeak while trying to say the word 'okay'.

Once they entered Peter's bedroom, Tony moved towards Peter's trash can, spitting out whatever was in his mouth. "as far as walnut dates loaves go, that wasn't bad" he said.

"Whoa. What do we have here? Retro tech, huh?" The man then moved towards Peter's desk, examining all the stuff that was spread across it. "Thrift store? Salvation Army?"

"Uh, the garbage, actually." Peter said as Melanie sat on the edge of his bed.

"You're a dumpster driver?" Tony asked.

"Yeah—" Peter was cut off by Melanie "I don't remember applying for your granty thingy" she said, finally being able to form words.

"quick question of the rhetorical variety" Tony said, ignoring what she had said. Tony quickly pulled out his phone and projected a video about it as it began to play.

The video was of a crime the two had stopped last week. It seemed to only show the end though (thankfully skipping over all the moments Melanie had tripped). It started as the two swung into frame, flipping down the street. Peter jumped in front of the car as it sped down the road and Melanie swung towards the bus, starching webs to it and pulling it out of the cars way incase peter didn't stop it—he did.

"that's you right" Tony asked, refuring to the kids in the video. Melanie jaw dropped slightly, but quickly dropped her head to try and hide her facial expression because of her lack of expertise in lying.

"No—what do you—what do you mean?" Peter said, his voice raising slightly. For two kids with secret superhero identities, they should probably be better a lying.

"yeah" the man said, flipping the phone and zooming in on peter as he caught the car. "wow nice catch. 3,000 pounds, 40 miles an hour" Tony said, before moving it towards Melanie as she pulled the bus out of the way "and you"—he pointed to Melanie—"gosh, that's got to be at least 30,000 pounds empty"

Tony put his phone down, now putting all his attention on the two nervous teens in front of him "that's not easy. Your guys got mad skills" he said, walking towards the two.

"that's all on YouTube—though—right—that's all fake—that's all done on the computer" Peter said, trying to make up an excuse while tony pretended to agreed with him.

"Oh—you mean like those UFO's over phoenix" The man said, pretending to agree with Peter as he grabbed a random yard stick that was leaning against peters desk, using it to push open the attic door letting Peter's costume to drop.

Peter quickly jumped towards the suit, grabbing it before Tony could really see it and throwing it out of sight.

"So. You're the spider-lings—crime fighting spider-people" Tony said, making up a bunch of random names out of the little information he knew.

"I'm Spider-man" Peter mumbled.

Tony looked towards Melanie "Spider-woman?" He asked.

Melanie frowned "I prefer Spider-girl, but yeah—everyone else calls me that"

"not in that onesie your not" Tony said, earning a glare from Melanie.

She worked really hard on making those.

"It's not a onesie" Peter Said, walking towards Melanie "I can't believe this, I was actually having a really good day Mrs. stark" Peter grabbed something off his desk. "Didn't miss my train, and this perfectly good DVD player was just sitting there, and algebra test" Peter said, tapping his pencil against his desk "nailed it"

"who else knows? anybody?" Tony asked

"Not that I know of" Melanie mumbled, looking down at her hands.

"Nobody" Peter nodded.

"Not even your unusually attractive aunt?" tony asked, sitting on one of Peters chairs.

"No" Peter said, repeating it about four times before continuing his sentence "If she knew, she would freak out, and when she freaks out, I freak out"

"You know what I think is really cool? This webbing" Tony said, tossing the web guild at peter, who caught it without even looking at it. "that tensile strength is off the charts, who manufactured that?" Tong asked. Melanie was quick to point her finger at the boy.

"Climbing walls. how do you do that?" Tony asked another question. Melanie finally stood up from her spot on Peters bed "Adhesive gloves?" She did a small hop, just high enough so that her hand pressed against the ceiling. Instead of immediately falling back down to the ground, one of her hands stuck to the ceiling, letting the girl hang.

Tony nodded

She dropped back onto the floor.

"Lordy! Can you even see in these?" Tony said, beginning to make fun of the eyes on the mask.

"Yes. I can" Peter said, snatching the Masie out of the man's hands as he cried out "I'm Blind" in a mocking tone.

"We can see in those, okay? It's just that, when whatever happened, happened. . .it's like our senses dialed to 11. There's way to much input, so they just kinda help me focus" Peter explained.

"You two are in dire need of an upgrade. Systemic, top to bottom, hundred-point restoration. That's why I'm here" Peter sat down beside Melanie as Tony talked. "Why are you doing this? I gotta know. What's you MO? What gets you out of your bed in the morning" tony asked.

Melanie looked over to Peter.

She wasn't exactly sure why she did it. At first it was because she didn't want Peter to do it alone, but now Peter could easily do it alone, yet she still went out.

"Because. . ." His voice trailed off for a second "Because we've been normal our whole lives. And we've had these powers like six months. I read book, I build computers. And yeah, I would love to play football, but I couldn't then, so I shouldn't now." Peter began, glancing over at Melanie.

"Sure, cause you're different"

"Exactly. But I can't tell anybody that, so I'm not." Peter paused, his eyes falling to the floor "When you can do the things that we can, but you don't. . .and then the bad things happen. . .they happen because of you"

"So you wanna look out for the little guy, you wanna do your part? Make the world a better place. All that right?" Tony asked.

"Yep. . .Just looking out for the little guy" Melanie said, confused by her own words.

Tony walked up to the two "I'm gonna sit here so move the leg" He said, pointing down to Peter's leg.

"Do you guys have passports" Mr. Stark asked placing a hand on each of their shoulders.

"What, no. I don't—I don't even have a drivers license" Peter said looking over at the girl as she began to speak "my mom doesn't even want me to leave the state—"

"You ever been to Germany" Mr. Stark said, earning a glare from each of the children.

"No" Peter said while Melanie said "why"

"Oh, you'll love it" Mr. Stark said

"We can't go to Germany" Peter said, pointing at Melanie as she nodded along.

"Why?"

"I got homework"

"I'm gonna pretend you didn't say that" Mr. Stark mumbled, standing up, making his way across the room and towards the door.

"I—I'm being serious. We can't just drop out of school"

"Might be a little dangerous, better tell Aunt Hottie I'm taking you on a feild trip" Mr. Stark said. The second his hand touched the doorknob, Peter shot a web across the room, stopping the man from opening the door.

"Don't tell Aunt May" Peter said pointing at the man

"Alright spider-children" The man said keeping his eyes on the two. "get me out of this" he mumbled, pointing at his hand.

"Sorry"

AUTHOR TALKS!!
I forgot to add this warning in the beginning but just and FYI this is a slow burn and I mean SLOW BURN.

Ngl idc how badly this was written because if I worry about it too much it'll never get published.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro