Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Chapter 8: Into the Unknown

The blinding light slowly faded, leaving YN and Yoongi disoriented and gasping for breath. They found themselves lying on the cold floor of the basement, the eerie silence broken only by the sound of their rapid breathing.

Yoongi was the first to sit up, his head pounding from the sudden surge of energy. "YN, are you okay?" he asked, his voice shaky.

YN nodded, though she looked just as dazed as he felt. "I think so... but what just happened?"

Yoongi's eyes drifted to where the strange device had been, but now there was nothing but a charred mark on the floor. "The device, it’s gone."

YN's heart raced as she scrambled to her feet, scanning the room for any sign of danger. "This isn't good, Yoongi. If that was a tracker from my world, they know exactly where I am now. And worse, they might have already activated something."

"Activated what?" Yoongi asked, his concern deepening.

"Something... or someone who can bring me back," YN explained, her voice trembling. "Or worse, eliminate anyone connected to me."

Yoongi frowned, standing up beside her. "Then we need to get out of here. We’re sitting ducks if we stay."

YN agreed, but as they made their way toward the stairs, a low rumbling sound echoed through the basement. The ground beneath them began to shake, and cracks formed in the walls.

"Run!" Yoongi shouted, grabbing YN’s hand and pulling her towards the exit.

They sprinted up the stairs just as the basement started collapsing behind them. Dust and debris filled the air as they reached the ground floor, barely making it out before the entire building started to crumble.

Outside, they stopped to catch their breath, both of them covered in dust and shaken by what had just happened.

"That was too close," YN painted, her eyes wide with fear.

Yoongi nodded, his grip on her hand tightening. "This isn’t just about you anymore, YN. Whoever or whatever is after you, they're not playing around. We need to figure out our next move."

YN’s mind raced, the implications of what had happened sinking in. "We need to go somewhere safe somewhere they won’t be able to find us."

"Where could that be?" Yoongi asked, glancing around as if expecting something to jump out of the shadows.

"There’s a place I know," YN said after a moment of thought. "It’s far from here, secluded. I’ve been there before when I first arrived on Earth. It might buy us some time."

Yoongi nodded, trusting her judgment. "Then let’s go. The sooner, the better."

They hurried back to Yoongi’s car, the air thick with tension. As they drove away from the crumbling building, YN couldn’t shake the feeling that they were being followed, that the danger was far from over.

The drive was long, the city lights eventually giving way to dense forests and winding roads. YN directed Yoongi down a narrow path that led to an old cabin, hidden deep within the woods.

"This is it," YN said, as they pulled up to the secluded cabin. "It’s safe here, at least for now."

Yoongi parked the car and they both got out, taking in the quiet, isolated surroundings. The cabin was small and rustic, but it felt secure, like a haven from the chaos they’d just escaped.

"We can stay here until we figure out our next move," YN said, her voice wavering slightly. "But Yoongi, I’m scared. This is all happening so fast, and I don’t know if we’re ready for what’s coming."

Yoongi turned to her, his expression softening as he took her hands in his. "We’ll get through this, YN. I don’t care what’s out there or where it came from. All that matters to me is keeping you safe. We’ll figure out what they want and how to stop them."

YN looked into his eyes, finding a sense of calm in his words. "I don’t know what I did to deserve you, Yoongi. But I’m so glad you’re here."

He smiled, pulling her into a tight embrace. "We’re in this together. Whatever happens, we’ll face it head-on."

As they stood there in the fading light, holding onto each other, neither of them noticed the faint glow in the distance an unnatural light that seemed to pulse with malevolent intent, growing closer with each passing moment.

But the peace they found in that brief moment of connection would be enough to carry them through whatever challenges lay ahead.

Please Vote.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro