50 Hour Room

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Akari POV

I woke up to the sound of a loud buzzer and a speaker announcing something which I was paying no attention to. "Akari" Gon called "Huh?"I looked up at him "Let's go!" He stretched out a hand for me to grab. "Ok," I comply and take his hand. I followed them until we reached a dead end which seemed to be a room.

"What are we doing here?" I asked kurapika as we were walking across the bridge "Blame leorio" The blonde took a moment to give a nasty glare to the old-looking man who shivered "He gambled away 50 hours of our time and now we have to stay here in that room until the time is up" Kurapika finished when we reached the platform connected to the room me pointed to.

Wait a second. Do we really have to stay here in this small room for 50 hours? That's like a year! I don't want to be trapped again! I silently panic "NOPE!" I yell and try to make a run for the exit but Kurapika caught me by the arm and lectured me "You can't skip this, we all have to be here. Where will you go anyways?" He asked "Dammit" I mutter under my breath realizing he was right.

"At least you are not alone. We are with you, so there is no reason why you should freak out" He let me go and I practically melted on the floor accepting my fate of being stuck in the room. He looked at me, chuckled and threw me over his shoulder and brought me into the room.

We entered the room where the others are and Gon asked, "Why are you carrying Akari?" Kurapika sighed and responded, "She is upset that she will have to stay in the room for so long." He sighed and I felt myself being dropped then crash on the floor. "Itai!" I looked up at kurapika who was smiling at me then he sticks out his tongue playfully at me, and I do the same.

"Hey, killua?" Kurapika asked looking away from me and now at killua "Can you tell me about that technique you used earlier?" He asked, "What technique?" The white-haired boy asked, "The one you used to instantly remove his heart."The blonde stated calmly "Oh that, it was not a technique. I just ripped it out, but to make it easier I manipulated my body a bit." He lifted up his hand and sharpened his nails kinda like how I do mine.

"Your nails!" Leorio watched amazed and kinda scared "Wow Killua" Gon complimented "Cool, I can do that too," I cheerfully added "Ehh?" Killua asked a bit shocked "Yep" I replied smiling. I brought up my hand so they could see then I let my wolf-like claws out.

They already saw my wolf form so why not show them?

"Oh cool!" Killua smiled, "I haven't seen someone else out of my family who can do that too" "Thanks bud" I smile and reverted my hand back to normal.

"Akari?" Killua's tone of voice suddenly changes to a serious one "Yeah?" I ask

He's going to ask me about my battle, isn't he? 

"What was that all about in your battle? Like the wolf thing, the man and..." He paused momentarily, "your mom?"

My face saddened at the mention of mom.

"It's ok if you don't want to tell us. If you're not ready." Gon reassured

"No, it's ok. You all deserve an explanation by now." They were all surprised by my response but let me continue. "Ummm..." I looked for the right words to say so they can understand easier.

"You know how Kurapikas clan was attacked and murdered right?" I asked looking at kurapika to see if he was upset at me for using his past as an example, but he just looked at me as if saying it was ok. "yea" They all responded in understanding.

"Well, it was kinda the same for me. My family and I lived in the mountains isolated from the world like his clan was. We were there because we are different, and usually, people mistreat others who are unordinary." I said removing my hat to show my wolf ears and I pulled out my  tail from underneath my sweatshirt

"We have special abilities that we are born with that are based off a certain animal. For example, I've based off a black wolf, so I have better senses of sight, smell, hearing and I also have animal instinct. One of my other abilities is to change into a cub or wolf. There are other things we can do but I will tell guys about it later."

"Everyone else in my tribe has the same abilities but with their animal. Life was great living with my family and not having to worry about anything was great." I paused "Until one day invaders came to try to take the Anima gift for themselves."

I took a breath to ready myself to tell them.

"They barged into my house and started attacking. My mom tried to fight back but the man that you saw earlier started beating her to the ground and killed her right in front of me." I started shaking at the horrid flashbacks of my mom's beaten body and the man's sinister face.

Killua and Gon noticed me having a tough time and they envelop me in a hug, "Don't worry Akari were here with you now" Killua reassured me "Ya, come to us if you need someone to talk to." Gon added "Thank you" I choked out and tightly hugged them back.

--------

"Hey killua can I try out your skateboard?" Gon asked excitingly.

"Sure, let's go over there" Killua motioned gon over to the other side of the room. "Hey Akari you wanna come too," Gon asked me.

"I'll be there in a minute tell me when you're done." I waved them off as I sat on the couch in my thoughts

I sat with my knees against my chest and my head against my knees.

I still feel bad that I did not tell them everything about my past, but then again there is no reason to right? They don't need to know about the 7 years of my life in 'hell' or the regret I feel after leaving Kumo.

The important thing is that I keep on living as my brother said to. To live a happy life. 

But I can't fully do that knowing that you're not living the life we dreamed we both could have.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro