1.02 | welcome to auradon

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Walking away from her mother was the hardest thing Elodie had done in a while. She ignored the chipping of her heart as she made her way over to the sleek black limo, using all of her strength to not run back into her mothers arms.

In all honesty, her mother wasn't what she used to be. Yes, she still wore the hideously ugly fake eyelashes and still wore her over dramatic robes and jackets, but she had lost a significant amount of weight living on the Isle. She had started to work out, making sure to keep at least her youth, for the time being. Because even the smart Madame Medusa thought the Isle of the Lost was temporary too.

Reaching the limousine, Elodie reached in and dropped her bag on Jay's lap, too busy looking the driver - who was holding the trunk door open - up and down. She had to admit the driver was attractive, and when she finally peeled her eyes away from him, she saw Mal smirking at her.

Rolling her eyes, she hopped into the car - literally - and shut the door, making sure a slam echoed.

"The jackals have landed." The driver said. It was faint, but Elodie was close enough to hear it.

"What the fuck is a jackal?"

She heard the driver cough out a small laugh, and that made her smile.

Turning back to her friends, she heard the parents start yelling things, her mother being one of them. "Bring me back my diamond!" Elodie smiled slightly, knowing that wasn't her mothers main focus in life anymore.

Looking around at their surroundings, Carlos and Jay set their eyes on the jars of candy in front of them. They both looked to each other smirking, and began fighting each other to get their hands on it first, but ended up reaching at the same time.

"You know, my mom told me about that kind of stuff. She said those little round things are called either M&Ms or Skittles, and you can tell the difference because one is fruity and the other is something called chocolate." Carlos and Jay both turned to the redhead, shocked. They knew her mother was the most educated on modern stuff, having grown up in New York, but they didn't realize how much knowledge she had passed down to her daughter. Mal was also thinking the same and smirked at the thought, wondering how much it would come in handy for their plan.

"You're looking a little washed out, let me help you." Evie said to the purple haired girl.

"Ew. Stop. I'm plotting." She replied, while flipping her hair out of her face.

"Well, it's not very attractive." Evie said, biting into a blue rock like looking candy. Mal rolled her eyes, looking at Elodie, who smiled sweetly at the girl.

Carlos hit Jay, and began talking about the candy he just shoved in his mouth. "Mm. These.. it's salty like nuts, but it's sweet like I don't know what."

Elodie pressed her lips into a thin line, knowing she just told them what it was called.

"Let me see." Jay demanded, and in return Carlos opened up his mouth, showing Jay the half chewed candy. The boy hit him and yanked the piece Carlos was holding out of his hand, shoving it in his own mouth. Widening his eyes, Jay nodded in agreement.

Mal, who had found some kind of remote, was pressing a button when all of a sudden, the partition went down.

"Look!" Evie yelled.

All eyes went to where the blue haired girl was pointing, and almost everyone's went wide. But not Elodie's. She had been off the isle before for her dads trial, and if her dad had lost, she would've been placed into a foster system in the United States of America - not Auradon.

So, it was safe to say she's rode this rodeo before.

"It's a trap!" Carlos yelled.

Evie, Mal, Carlos, and Jay all huddled together as they appeared to drive over nothing. Given that Elodie was sat in between Jay and Evie, she was crowded in. Rolling her eyes, she watched as the golden magic bridge appeared before her eyes.

"Get off of me and look!" The redhead snapped.

Everyone was off of her in a second, though still too close for her comfort.

"What just happened?" Carlos asked, more confused than ever.

"It must be magic!" Evie said, enthusiastically.

"Obviously." Elodie responded in a 'duh' tone.

Mal whipped her head around, banging the remote she was still holding on the seat's plastic frame. "Hey. Did this little button just open up the magic barrier?" She asked.

"No, this one opens up the magic barrier," The driver said, turning his head slightly to face the teens while holding up a cream colored one-button remote. Turning back around he finished, "That one opens up my garage. And this button..." He pushed the button on the overhead control center that closed the partition.

Mal stared at the closed partition for a second, before turning back around, shocked. "Okay..." she laughed, "Nasty. I like that guy."

Elodie smirked. "Me too."

⚔︎

When the car actually made it over the bridge and on land, Elodie and her friends marveled at how much greenery there was in Auradon. Healthy and alive grass covered the floor and green trees were standing tall. It was amazing, speaking in the sense that all the isle had was sand and the occasional weed or two.

Elodie actually had her face and hands pressed up against the glass like a child until she started to see the prep schools signs.

"Why the fuck do these people look happy to see us? Is it part of their goodness shit?" Elodie asked, voicing her thoughts to the group.

"I don't know, El." Mal replied, honestly.

The driver parked the car and got out, walking around to open the door for the teenagers. Jay and Carlos were fighting over the scarf and who was going to keep it. So, when the door opened, they tumbled out.

"You got everything else! Why do you want whatever this is?" Carlos question while yelling.

"Because you want it!"

"No!"

"Give it to me!"

Looking around, Elodie noticed the crowd parting for three people. Evening out her wrinkled shirt, and moving her hair out of her face, she tried to make herself as presentable as possible. She assumed two of the three people had to be the soon-to-be-king, Ben, and the infamous fairy godmother.

"Guys, guys, guys! We have an audience." Elodie whisper yelled to the boys. Jay immediately dropped his end of the scarf, and stood up slightly straighter. Carlos, who was still on the ground, couldn't get up with Jay standing over him.

"Get up!" Jay quietly yelled, Carlos following the command and stumbling a little.

"Leave it like you found it! And by that, I mean just leave it." The presumed fairy godmother said, clearly seeing the stuff Jay was attempting to smuggle. He tossed the stuff back into the car and when he looked around, he noticed the short brunette standing behind the woman.

"Hello foxy. The names Jay." Jay flirted. Elodie quietly groaned and rolled her eyes. The girl laughed, though it was sarcastic and forced.

"Welcome to Auradon Prep." The older woman said, getting into Jay's line of sight. "I'm Fairy Godmother. Headmistress." She continued and bowed.

"The Fairy Godmother. As in, "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo"?" Both Mal and Elodie asked in sync.

"Bibbidi-Bobbidi you know it!"

"Yeah, I've always wondered what it felt like for Cinderella, when you just appeared, out of nowhere, with that sparkly wand and warm smile." Mal voiced.

"Oh."

"And that sparkling wand." The girl continued.

"That was a long time ago. And, as I always say "Don't focus on the past or you'll miss the future!"" The fairy godmother said while waving her hands in-front of her face. Elodie very quickly figured out that the woman was very enthusiastic.

"It's so good to finally meet you all. I'm Ben." A male standing behind the Fairy Godmother said.

"Prince Benjamin. Soon to be king!" The brunette girl interjected.

Evie stepped forward immediately, "You had me at prince. My moms a queen, which makes me a princess." She said, bowing.

"The Evil Queen has no royal status here, and neither do you." The same girl interjected once more.

"This is Audrey." Ben said.

"Princess Audrey." The girl corrected. "His girlfriend. Right, Bennyboo?" The couple chuckled together, though the Prince's was more of an uncomfortable one.

"Ben and Audrey are going to show you all around, and I'll see you tomorrow. The doors of wisdom are never shut! But the library hours are from 8:00 to 11:00. And as you may have heard, I have a little thing about curfews." The Fairy Godmother said.

She left and the band followed after her, leaving the six teenagers together.

"It is so, so, so good to finally meet you all." Prince Ben said while stepping forward, trying to shake Jays hand, though the boy just punched his chest. He went to Mal next, who was actually polite enough to shake his hand. Elodie noticed how they both stared into each other's eyes for a bit too long and how their hands lingered on one another. "This is a momentous occasion, and one I hope will go down in history..." He stopped at Carlos' hand, "Is that chocolate?" he asked. "..as the day our two peoples began to heal." Ben moved along to Evie, who made the handshake quick, clearly still embarrassed from being rejected, and then he was finally at Elodie who simply nodded at him.

"Or the day that you showed five peoples where the bathrooms are." Mal said, her mouth pressed into a thin smile. Ben scooted over in front of her, grinning widely at her.

"A little bit over the top?" he asked.

"A little more than a little bit." They both chuckled

"Well, so much for my first impression."

Elodie could see the discomfort on Audrey's face, and she didn't know how she felt. It was obvious to the redhead that Audrey was Aurora's daughter. The two both looked similar if the names didn't give it away. So, it must be hard watching your boyfriend talk so freely to the daughter of the woman who made your mom sleep for 100 years.

"Hey! You're Maleficent's daughter, aren't you? Yeah, you know what, I totally do not blame you for  your mother trying to kill my parents and stuff." Audrey said. Mal's eyes widened, looking over at Evie and Elodie. "Oh, my moms Aurora. Sleeping..."

And anything remotely sympathetic Elodie felt for the girl, was gone.

"Beauty. Yeah, I've heard the name. You know, and I totally do not blame your grandparents for inviting everyone in the whole world, but my mother to their stupid christening."

"Water under the bridge."

"Totes!"

Mal and Audrey both forced laughs out then an over exaggerated sigh and it made Elodie stifle a real laugh.

"Okay! So how about that tour?" Elodie asked, breaking up the tension.

"Yeah?" Ben questioned, getting a nod, "Auradon Prep, originally built over 300 years ago and converted into a high school by my father when he became king." Ben and Audrey laced their arms together and began walking up the path through the garden, leaving the villain kids to follow.

They stopped by a gold statue and when Ben clapped his hands, the statue shifted from human King Adam to beast King Adam. Carlos screamed - like a little girl - and jumped into Jay's arms. Elodie bursted out laughing.

"You- you're scared of a statue?" She asked, still laughing. Carlos rolled his eyes at her.

"Carlos, it's okay." Ben said, at the same time. "My father wanted his statue to morph from beast to man to remind us that anything is possible."

"Does he shed much?" Both Elodie and Mal asked.

"Yeah, mom won't let him in the couch." Ben replied, seriously. When he and Audrey turned and started walking away, Mal and Elodie made eye contact, widening their eyes at each other.

⚔︎

Doug, a boy from band, had actually ended up finishing the tour after another awkward encounter with Audrey. Her basically dragging her boyfriend away from Mal.

When the girls finally got to their room and opened up the door, it was hard not to be impressed. Sure, it was a little light and airy, but it was much nicer than the isle.

Doug had shown them the boys dormitory hall first, therefore Jay and Carlos's room first, and it was a pretty big room, speaking that there was some kind of 3d printer and two beds, with a bathroom, dressers and side tables, a video game/television area, and a small living space.

But, the girls' was a lot bigger. It had three, evenly spaced full size beds covered in a pink floral pattern, three desks and a vanity mirror on each one, a bathroom with three sinks, and three dressers and bedside tables.

"I call the bed in front of the window!" Elodie yelled as soon as she took everything in. She ran and jumped onto it, claiming it as hers.

Evie and Mal took longer to get in the room but when they did, Evie immediately started gushing.

"Wow!" The blue haired girl gasped, "This place is so amaz-"

"Gross." Mal cut off.

"I know right? Amazingly gross." Though when Mal turned her head, Evie let her mouth drop open in amazement and let out a silent scream.

"Ugh, I'm going to need some serious sunscreen." Mal complained.

"I know your not talking miss I'm-not-a-redhead." Elodie called out.

Ignoring the actual redhead, Mal started shutting all the windows. Though Elodie reopened hers with a flick of her wrist. She was the only one out of all the kids who had advanced magic skills. Her father was probably neck and neck with Maleficent on powers, if not slightly ahead. The barrier only dampened his abilities, so he still could do stuff. Instead of trying to take revenge and be evil, he chose to teach his daughter, who had full access to hers.

"Seriously, El? It's way too damn bright in here." Mal whined. The only reply she got from the girl was a small giggle.

Though, Elodie could tell now that Mal had taken it all in, she didn't actually hate it. Mal chose the bed directly next to hers, and Evie on Mal's left, the farthest from Elodie's. On the other side of the room, the three desks with vanity mirrors stood, as well as the dressers. there was also a door on that side of the room that lead to the bathroom. It had a bathtub separate from the shower, and of course, three sinks and a toilet.

The room also had a small living area made up of three chairs and a coffee table.

"Are those laptops and phones on the desks?" Elodie shrieked happily. Living on the isle, they only had hand-me-downs of old appliances and televisions, as well as the technology room in the janky little school they had. It was the only place on the Isle that had WiFi.

Running over to the desks, Elodie picked up the phone on her desk, she could tell because of the name plates, and opened it up. It had a black phone case with her name in cursive on the back. Her laptop had the same type of case, too. Evie's cases were blue with her name and Mal's were purple with her name.

"I take back everything I said about not being happy, this place is pretty damn cool, Mal." Elodie admitted. Mal slightly nodded her head before realizing what she was doing.

"Okay fine, yeah, it is, but we have a mission." Mal reminded.

Sighing, Elodie and Evie nodded their heads, "Can we at least take a nap before meeting back up with the boys? I need my beauty rest." Evie asked.

⚔︎

Emily speaks !

This isn't my most favorite chapter, but it does include details about Elodie's life, so that's good. Also let me know if you like the long chapters or if you want me to shorten them.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro