22 - Romans are More Difficult Than Fire-Breathing Horses

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Soon everyone left the cabin and I was sitting on Nico's bed alone. I took a deep breath. 'I will get Nico back, no matter what,' With that final thought I feel asleep.

Piper

The first IM I sent was to Hazel who as soon as she saw me told me to leave them alone and cut it off. The second IM went to Frank who didn't even say a word before cutting it off. The third one I sent went to Reyna who chopped it half but not before giving me a nasty glare. I huffed in annoyance. Maybe I can message the whole camp while they are having lunch. I look down at my watch seeing it would be ten minutes till lunch they unless they changed times.

Lucky for me they didn't change meal times and the IM appeared in the middle of the mess hall.

"BEFORE ANYONE DECIDES TO CUT ME OFF I WANT TO SAY THAT NOT ALL GREEKS HATE PERCY JACKSON!!!!" I shouted at the Romans. Reyna, Hazel and Frank froze. "I also wanted to inform you that there is a new prophecy and that Camp Half Blood is going to be under attack soon and that Nico Di Angelo is missing once again,"

"Nico's missing," Hazel gasped, "I'm so sorry Piper I shouldn't have cut you off earlier! Do you know who took Nico and who are you facing?" Reyna quickly took the IM out of the mess hall with Frank and Hazel following.

"Yeah, we believe that either Nyx, Tartarus or Gaea or maybe all three took Nico and an ally that Lady Chaos herself had sent to help us.

"What is this new prophecy?" Reyna questioned, glaring at Piper.

"Haha, funny story, I don't actually know it, only head Councillors and Chaos' army do," I smiled nervously.

"I thought you were a head Councillor?" Reyna questioned again,  still not trusting me fully.

"Another funny story, I got voted out after voicing that I'm on Percy's side, most of the head Councillors you know aren't Councillors, Thalia's not even a hunter anymore!" I explained quickly, "In fact I think the only Councillors to stay the same would be Jason and Annabeth, the two camp leaders, both with their respective partners of course, Annabeth with her ass, son of Zeus boyfriend Troy and Jason with Drew, I think you remember her?" I rolled my eyes. Drew tried to hit on Frank and Hazel almost decapitated her.

"Yeah, we remember her," Reyna glanced at Hazel, "You mentioned something else, Chaos' army?"

"Oh! Right! Yeah! Fun story, Chaos sent down her army, that is full of children of Primordials, they were sent to help us the only problem is that no one other than the outcasts actually like them,"

"Outcasts?" Frank questioned, frowning slightly, "Camp Half-Blood has outcasts now?"

"Yeah, the Percy supporters," I supplied rolling my eyes, "We're lucky to be able to sleep in our own cabins, we're not allowed to eat with our cabin or do the camp activities with our cabin, I'm quite surprised Chiron hasn't allowed to all sleep in the Hades cabin yet, I mean Clarisse got attacked in her sleep the other night," 

"What! Its that bad!" Hazel shouted, she sounded so shocked and worried. "Are you okay Piper? I mean Aphrodite kids can get vicious at times!"

"If you're asking if I get attacked in my sleep, I'm pretty sure the answer is obvious considering I've been sleeping in Leo's bunk for almost a year and a half,"

"Hasn't any of the Hephaestus kids filled that bunk up yet?" Frank questioned, froming slightly. 

"No. I think they believe it really is cursed, after all the last two people who slept in it died in an explosion," I explained, "Jake and Nyssa are the only ones that know I stay there,"

"What about Thalia? Both her brothers seem to be Percy haters, is she alright?" Reyna questioned, I nodded slightly.

"She normally sleeps in the Hades cabin, its basically the safest place in camp for us," I explained. "Look don't worry about our social problems, we need to worry about the attack on camp, we're going to be fighting something we can't kill,"

"What do you mean you can't kill these attackers?" Reyna asked.

"Since they took Nico and Angel, we have a theory that the monsters that will be attacking us can only be killed by a child of the underworld, maybe ones only associated with death, Nico being  a son of Hades and Angel being the daughter of Nyx and Tartarus, we don't know what to do. Omega, the now leader of the army, is trying to talk to the Council, I'm not exactly sure how its going to go,"

"Piper, even if we leave this instant we are not going to make it to Camp Half-Blood in time," Reyna reasoned.

"Two of the army guys are trying to find a way to get you here faster," I explained.

"What about the rest of the camp? We don't get along at most times. I don't think I'll be able to look at Jason without punching him in the face," Reyna stated.

"The-"

"Piper have you got in contact with the Romans yet?" Omega appeared behind me. It took him a second to realize that he was in front of the IM. "Umm, Hi?"

"How are you the second in command?" I questioned him

"You think I wanted to be second command? Nah, Angel and Chaos basically forced me into the position. I hate being the leader. Alpha was second command before me," Omega rambled.

"You're one of these army people Piper kept mentioning?" Frank asked. Hazel's eyes furrowed.

"Yo! Omega! I think Forge and I found a way to get the Romans here in under an hour," Flame came around the corner.

"That's great. Good job Flame! Past my thanks to Forge!" Omega patted Flame on the back.

"Stop treating me like a child!" Flame exclaimed.

"But you're so small," Omega smirked.

"Oh shut up, I'm going to help Forge," Flame turned around walking out of sight. "Oh! And tell Forge thank you yourself!" he shouted from wherever he was.

"Excuse me but Romans," I nodded towards the IM.

"Right sorry! Are you going to help?" Omega smiled, looking at the IM.

"Yes, we will," Reyna stated. I saw Hazel continuing to stare at Omega.

"Do I know you?" she asked.

"I don't think so, unless you can breath under water and know where Pontus' castle is," Omega stated. Frank frowned.

"You're the son of Pontus?" Frank questioned.

"And Thalaasa," Omega gave the IM a cheeky grin before mocking a bow. "Once Flame and Forge have finished building whatever, I'll send some people to get you, Piper will be among and Flame will most likely not. After all Flame likes flames and if I remember correctly, someone mentioned that Camp Jupiter doesn't like flames,"

"Are you referring to when Leo Valdez blew up our camp?" Reyna asked.

"Maybe," Omega smirked, "I better make sure Flame doesn't blow up this camp. Bye!" Omega left in the same direction of Flame.

"Wait!" I shouted. Omega walked back towards me. When I said back, he literally walked backwards. "Did you talk to the Council?"

"Styx! I knew I forgot something! Bye!" Omega ran toward the Big House.

"Does he remind you of anyone?" Hazel asked looking over at Frank.

"Do all children of the sea have the same personalities or is he ripping off Percy?" Frank asked. I frowned.

"Or he is Percy," I stated looking over at Reyna who's eyebrows furrowed in thought.

"We'll just have to test this theory,"

"One more thing, do you guys remember Pollux?" I asked.

"Yeah, Dakota's brother. Dakota is going to be so happy to see him again!" Frank  stated. I looked down.

"Pollux killed himself last week. You might want to tell Dakota before he gets here,"

"We will, see you soon," Reyna stated.

"I'll IM you once I've heard about the meeting. Bye," I smiled before cutting off the message.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro