-26-

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"You're nervous." Harry was sitting with his back against a tree while Fred paced. The older boy had created a small path of dirt where the grass usually resided. His bottom lip was swelling with how much he chewed it.

"I'm not nervous, that's– that's absurd." Fred's defense sounded weak at best. Harry put his potions essay on the ground and went to Fred.

"It's not absurd if you're nervous," he pointed out. "and even then I have never known you to use the word absurd." Fred shrugged with a smile that didn't meet his eyes.

"Im fine. It's stupid, I'm like this for stupid reasons, 'Ry."  He rambled on. Fred had dodged Harry and continued his path. His middle and ring fingers started to open and close against his palm. They went in fast flutters as Harry desperately tried to see what was wrong.

"What's wrong? Don't say nothing, I might have only known you for half a year at this point, but you forget I've spent nearly every night sneaking out of bed for dates where we talk for hours." Harry's brows creased and he stepped in front of Fred again. This time Fred paused.

"Stop doing that!" His hands stopped flapping. He switched to sucking on his lip instead of biting. Harry held eye contact.

"I'll ask you again... what's wrong? Come on, you can trust me with this." Fred grimaced when Harry didn't let up. He looked small, but Fred knew that he was stubborn as a crazed-murderer.

Harry couldn't help the small sense of regret at the way Fred practically deflated. The regret only lasted a few seconds before it was replaced with frustration– Fred had gone off of his path and walked off. Harry tried following him, but it was too late. Fred has disappeared behind the walls of Hogwarts. When Harry went after him, he was already gone. It was like he had faded into the air.

Harry took a few breaths to calm himself down. Getting frustrated and mad at Fred's secrecy would get him nowhere. His brain and heart didn't agree to stop the feelings, so Harry went to his dorm. He threw himself on the bed and reflected. Questions surrounded his brain, making his attempts to focus on anything else futile.

Maybe he could ask George? He'd know his twin better than anyone, right?

The boy groaned and hit his face on his pillow.

Maybe Fred just needed time to cool off?

Harry never thought feeling helpless would be so frustrating.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro