5 - all so sudden

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

d.m.

suddenly, i've packed my important belongings in boxes.

suddenly, i have to practice calling him harry and not potter (it's not going well).

suddenly, i'm reading up on how muggles live.

suddenly, everything is moved and i'm standing in front of the apartment and it's just sinking in.

no more wizards. this is my life now.

"oi malfoy! what are you doing, standing out in the cold? you can come in, you know."

and this is my new roommate.

the apartment is warm and cozy. it's not small, but it's definitely not the manor. harry waited patiently for a reaction to the living room.

"... okay. i can get used to this." i was lying. everyday i will wake up and marvel at the fact that i was living as a muggle with harry potter. i will never. get used to this.

"and you can't wear robes around london." harry says. i look down at my robes that costed a lot on money.

"i suppose you're right. i don't have many muggle clothes."

"you can borrow mine while we go shopping,"

"is that what we're doing? shopping?"

"come on. i need a new hat anyway."

the day was sunny for once, the air crisp and cold. harry's sweater was a disgusting shade of maroon and his pants were too long. it would do for now, but i was eager to buy clothing that would be more suitable. harry quickly trotted to catch up with my long strides.

we entered a shopping center, warm air hit my face.

"so what're we looking for?" potter asked as we passed by shops full of different types of clothing- putrid neon shops for young girls, dark and sinister shops for people who have streaks in their hair, and shops full of shoes.

"strictly black or white, perhaps maybe beige, navy or gray. under no circumstances will  ever wear anything as bright as, let's see-" i point at a cardboard cutout outside a shop of a man wearing a ridiculously neon shirt in a running stance. "that. absolutely ridiculous. my eyeballs are melting just looking at him,"

harry laughed. i haven't heard the sound of laughter in a while. my face twitched, but i had forgotten how to smile. my face moving at all in that way was a surprise.

"you are such a draco malfoy!" he said, amused.

"i will choose to take that as a compliment." i say shortly, but i could feel the corners of my lips tugging. a strange sense of relief flooded my body.

if i had told myself this is where i would be, doing this with harry potter even a week ago, i would have turned myself into st. mungo's for madness.

warmth flooded my body as harry entered a store full of shiny racks. i had no choice but to follow him. but i didn't mind.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro