Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

( CRUISING DOWN THE STREET )

At Cassie's house, Sam leans against Impala, Dean walks up and down. Elena sits on the hood. "Ah, my life was so simple. Just school, exams, papers on polycentric cultural norms." Sam says.

"Well I guess I saved you from a boring existence." Says Dean.

"Yeah, occasionally I miss boring."

"So this killer truck." Dean averts.

Sam smiles. "I miss conversations that didn't start with 'this killer truck'. Ahhh."

Dean laughs a little. "Well this Cyrus guy. Evil on a level that infected even his truck. When he died, the swamp became his tomb, and his spirit was dormant for 40 years." He said seriously.

"So what woke it up?" Elena asks.

"The construction on his house. Or the destruction." Dean says.

"Right. Demolition or remodelling can awaken spirits, make them restless." Sam says.

Elena nods. "Mmm-hmm." She mumbles.

"Like that theatre in Illonois, ya know?" Sam says.

"And the guy that tore down the family homestead, Harold Todd, is the Same guy that kept Cyrus' murder quiet and unsolved." Dean says.

Elena hops off from the car. "So now his spirit is awakened and out for blood." She says.

"Yeah I guess. Who knows what ghosts are thinking anyway." Says Dean.

"You know we're going to have to dredge that body up from the swamp right." Sam says and Elena shudders. Dean smiles at him. "Man."

"You said it." Dean says.

"Yeah."

Cassie approaches from the house. Dean stands. "Hey." Dean says.

"Hey. She's asleep. Now what." Cassie says.

"Well you should stay put and look after her... and we'll be back. Don't leave the house." Dean says. Elena and Sam just stand back and watch.

Cassie smiles. "Don't go getting all authoritative on me. I hate it." She says.

Dean glances behind him to Elena and Sam. Sam looks down, grinning. "Don't leave the house please?" He asks.

Cassie blinks slowly at Dean and he leans in to kiss her, smiling. Sam glances over, grinning at them making out, and clears his throat. Dean keeps kissing Cassie, holding one finger back at Sam to wait. He breaks the kiss. "You comin' or what?"

THE DORIAN HOUSE
[ ☾]

"All right. Let's get her up." Dean is at the wheel of a tractor. He backs it up, pulling a truck from the water.

"All right. A little more. Little more. All right, stop." Sam says.

Elena stands in the side with her arms crossed. Dean turns off the engine and jumps down. "Nice." She says.

Dean moves to the trunk of the Impala. "Hell yeah." He says.

"Now I know what she sees in you." Sam says.

Dean rummages among the weapons. "What?" He asks.

"Come on man, you can admit it. You're still in love with her." Sam says and Elena watches Dean's face.

"Ahh, can we focus please." He averts. "

"I'm just saying Dean."

Dean hands Sam something from the trunk. "Hold that." Dean addresses.

"All right. What am I getting?" Sam gives in.

Dean gets into business mode. "Gas. Flashlight..."

"Got it. got it." Sam says.

"Ok, let's get this done." Dean says.

Sam takes the weapon. "All right."

Dean lowers the trunk of the Impala. "Got it."

They move toward the door of the truck, glance at each other. "Well, what am I supposed to do?" Elena asks.

"I don't know, stand by and watch?" Dean says and opens the car door. A decayed body falls out.

Elena stares at the body and gags. "How is that thing even still in form? It's like 40 years old." She says.

"It's like it's been preserved in the water." Sam says.

Dean looks at both of them and shakes his head. "All right let's get to it."

They salt and burn the body and stand watching. "Think that'll do it?" Sam asks.

The ghost truck appears, headlights come on and engine reving. "I guess not." Dean says.

Sam, Dean and Elena had ran from the truck and were walking, trying to come up with a plan. "So burning the body had no effect?" Elena asks.

"Sure it did. Now it's really pissed." Dean says.

"But Cyrus' ghost is gone, right Dean?" Sam asks.

Dean starts to walk away. "Apparently not the part that's fused with the truck." He says.

"Where you going?" Sam asks.

"Going for a little ride." Dean answers.

Dean gets farther and farther. "What!" Sam yells.

"Gunna lead that thing away. That piece of crap, you guys gotta burn it." Dean says.

"How the hell are we supposed to burn a truck Dean?" Sam asks.

"I don't know. Figure something out." Dean says.

Sam catches the bag Dean throws at him. "Figure something out?" Elena asks.

Dean reverses the Impala and takes off. The ghost truck roars after him. Sam hides until it has passed.

Dean and the Impala lead the truck on a wild ride through the misty back roads. Sam's phone rings. "Hey, you gotta give me a minute."

"I don't have a minute. What are we doing?" Dean asks.

"Ahh. Let me get back to you." Sam hangs up.

Dean is astounded. "Get back to me?" He asks. Sam hangs up and calls a familiar number.

"Hey Cassie? Hey, it's Sam, I need some information and it has to be exactly right." He says.

Once he gets the info, he calls Dean back again. "All right, Dean?" Sam asks.

"This better be good." Dean says.

Sam quickly puts the phone on speaker. "Where are you?" Elena asks.

"In the middle of no where with a killer truck on my ass! It's like it knows I put the torch to Cyrus." Dean says.

"Listen to me, this is important. I have to know exactly where you are." Sam says.

Dean looks at a road sign as the Impala roars passed. "Decatur road, about two miles off the highway." He says.

"Ok. Headed East?" Sam asks.

"Yes!" The Truck backends the Impala, which goes skidding all over the road before regaining traction.

Dean looks back, furious. "You son of a bitch!" He yells.

"Ok, ahhh, turn right! Up ahead, turn right." Sam orders. Dean swings right, the truck follows, both engines screaming and reving.

"You make the turn?" Elena asks.

"Yeah I made the turn! You need to move this thing along a little faster." Dean says.

"All right, you see a road up ahead?" Sam asks.

"No! Wait. No, yes, I see it." Dean says.

The truck is slowly gaining ground on the Impala's left side. "Ok, Turn left." Sam says.

"Wha...?" Grimacing, Dean slams on the brakes and the truck careens past as he spins the Impala left onto the smaller road. "All right, now what?" He asks.

"You need to go seven tenths of a mile and then stop." Sam says.

"Stop?"

"Exactly seven tenths Dean." Elena says.

Dean looks at the speedometer. "Seven tenths, seven tenths." He says over and over again.

At the right moment Dean spins the car around and moves it back to sit exactly where Sam advised, facing back the way he had come. He is between to posts on each side of the road and the last remains of a wall, almost totally broken down.

The ghost truck appears back down the road he came down, revving it's engine. "Dean, You still there?" Sam asks.

"Yeah."

"What's happening?" Elena asks.

"It's just staring at me, what do I do?" Dean asks.

"Just what you are doing, bringing it to you." Sam says.

"Wha..." The truck spins it's tyres and comes barreling toward Dean and the Impala. Dean watches it come, hanging tightly to the Impala's steering wheel. "Come on Come on." He says.

As it reaches him he closes his eyes and hangs on tight. The truck roars through him, disintergrating into nothing as it does so.

Dean opens his eyes and stares at the now empty road in front of him. All that can be heard is the purring of the Impala's engine, the truck's reving having completely disappeared.

Dean twists quickly to look behind and sees nothing. "Dean. You still there?" Sam asks. "Dean?"

"Where'd it go?"

"Dean, you're where the church was." Elena says.

"What church!" Dean yells.

"The place Cyrus burned down. Murdered all those kids."

Dean looks at the posts left on the side of the road. "There's not a whole lot left." He says.

"Church ground is hallowed ground, whether the church is still there or not. Evil spirits cross over hallowed ground, sometimes they're destroyed, so I figured, maybe, that would get rid of it." Sam says.

"Maybe? Maybe! What if you were wrong?" Dean asks.

"Huh. Honestly that thought hadn't occured to me." Sam says.

Dean stares at his phone, then hangs up. Mimics. "Well it honestly didn't occur to me." Dean slaps the steering wheel. "Im gunna kill him."

THE DOCK
[ ☼ ]

Dean and Cassie walk toward the Impala, Sam is already in the driver's seat and Elena in the back. "My mother says to tell you thanks again." She says. Dean nods and they come to a stop beside the Impala, facing each other. "This is a better goodbye than last time." She admits.

"Yeah well maybe this time it will be a little less permanent." Dean says.

"You know what? I'm a realist. I don't see much hope for us Dean." She admits.

Dean shrugs. "Well I've seen stranger things happen. A hell of a lot stranger." He says.

"Good bye Dean."

"I'll see ya Cassie...I will."

They kiss, and stare into each others eyes. "Can you get Elena please." Cassie asks.

"Sure thing." Dean goes to the car and and taps on Elena's window. "Someone wants to see you."

Confused, Elena gets out of the car and walks up to Cassie. "Yes?" She crosses her arms.

"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry...about everything." Cassie says awkwardly. "I was under the impression that you guys were...together."

"Even after he said we were just friends?" Elena asks.

Cassie smiles. "Now that was just me being a bitch." She says and Elena laughs.

Dean and Sam watch them, smiling. "You should ask her out." Dean says.

Sam turns to his brother. "What? What are you talking about?" Sam asks.

"All I'm saying is that I'm not the only one looking for a hook up if you know what I mean." Dean nudges Sam's arm.

Sam sinks into his seat. "Nope, it's not like that at all. We're just friends."

"That's what they all say." Dean says. "What did you guys do when I was...you know."

"We talked."

"About...?"

"I asked her about her family and what she remembers. She also told me about her visions of me." Sam says.

Dean turns to the front. "Oh, she finally told you about that?" He asks.

"Wait, you knew about that?" Sam asks.

"Yep, from the beginning."

Sam turned away from his brother. "Jerk." He says.

"Bitch." Dean looks at his brother and sighs. "All I'm saying is that, we don't know how much longer she's gonna be around. Maybe you should take that chance."

Sam looks out the window just to see Elena and Cassie hug. She walks back to the car and gets in.

"What was that all about?" Dean asked when she got into the back.

"She's actually a cool chick. We even exchanged numbers.

"Well, that's good news." Dean says as Cassie waves and the Impala takes off.

Later, Dean stares out the window while Sam drives. "I like her." Sam says.

"Yeah." Dean responds.

"You meet someone like her, doesn't it makes you wonder if it's worth it? Putting everything else on hold, doing what we do?" Sam asks.

Dean looks at Sam for a long moment, then smiles and reaches for his sunglasses, which he slips on. "Why don't you wake me up when it's my turn to drive?" He asks.

Dean slouches down in the seat with a sigh. Sam shakes his head and looks back at the long straight road. The Impala cruises.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro