Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

( FANGS AND MORE FANGS )

John finishes talking to a cop on the scene and starts walking back to the boys, waiting by the Impala. "I don't see why we couldn't have gone over with him." Sam says, sulking.

"Oh don't tell me it's already starting." Dean says.

"What's starting?"

Dean addresses John. "What have you got?" He asks.

"It was them all right. Looks like they're heading west. We'll have to double back to get around that detour." John says.

"How can you be so sure?" Sam asks.

"Sam..." Dean starts.

Sam turns sharply to Dean. "I just wanna know we're going in the right direction." He says.

"We are." John says.

"How do you know?" Sam asks.

John hands something to Dean. "I found this." He says.

"Its a...a vampire fang." Dean examines.

"Not fangs, teeth. The second set decends when they attack."John looks at Sam. "Any more questions?" Sam looks away and stays silent. "All right, let's get out of here, we're losing daylight."

They start heading for their respective cars. "Hey Dean why don't you touch up your car before you get rust? I wouldn't have given you the damn thing if I thought you were going to ruin it." John says. Dean looks down at his car. Sam looks at Dean with a 'told you so' look on his face. Dean grimaces.

Sam is driving, following John's truck. "Vampires nest in groups of eight to ten. Smaller packs are sent to hunt for food. Victims are taken to the nest where the pack keeps them alive, bleeding them for days or weeks." Dean reads. "I wonder if that's what happened to that 911 couple."

"That's probably what Dad's thinking. Course it would be nice if he just told us what he thinks." Sam says.

"So it is starting." Dean says.

"What?"

"Sam we been looking for Dad all year. Now we're not with him for more than a coupla hours and there's static already? I don't know if this is the whole thing with Elena or..." Dean starts.

Sam sighs. "Hmph. No. Look, I'm happy he's ok, all right? And I'm happy that we're all working together again." He says.

"Well good."

Sam speaks, unable to help himself. "It's just the way he treats us, like we're children." He says.

"Oh God." Dean says.

"He barks orders at us Dean, he expects us to follow 'em without question. He keeps us on some crap, need to know deal." Sam says.

"He does what he does for a reason." Dean says.

"What reason."

"Our job! There's no time to argue, there's no margin for error, all right? That's just the way the old man runs things." Dean says.

"Yeah well maybe that worked when we were kids but not anymore, all right. Not after everything you and I have been through Dean. I mean, are you telling me you're cool with just falling into line, letting him run the whole show?" Sam asks.

Dean gives Sam a long look. "If that's what it takes."

VAMPIRE NEST
[ ☾]

The vamps are partying, drinking and dancing. The 911 couple are sitting tied to a pole. "Have some beer buddy. It will calm your nerves." A Vampire says.

"No thanks." The Guy says.

"Aww come on. You drink enough I can taste it in your blood." The Vamp says.

The Woman Vampire walks up behind them. "That's gross." She says.

"How bout you babe?" The Guy Vampire asks. He lifts the bottle to the Girl's mouth and forces her head up with it. She drinks.

"Attagirl." He says. She spits it back in his face. He wipes it with his sleeve then lifts his arm to backhand her.

"Bo! Wait for Luther." The Woman Vampire says.

Bo glares and walks away. The door opens and the Luther walks in. Woman Vampire throws herself on him and they kiss.

"I missed you too baby." Luther laughs.

"We got presents." The Girl Vampire says.

Luther strokes the girls face. "She looks interesting." He starts grabbing the guys face. "He doesn't. Lock him up." The other vamps pull the guy to his feet. "Actually, go ahead and treat yourself."

The vamps laugh, excited. They throw the guy down and fall on him. "There's something else." The Girl vamp says.

She leads him to the bar where cash and silver are heaped. "This all theirs?" Luther asks her.

"No. It's from an old friend of yours, Daniel Elkins. I caught his scent and thought I'd surprise you." She says.

Luther's expression changes. "Kate, what did you do." He says.

"I made him suffer." Kate says.

"You shouldn't have done that." He says.

"Luther..."

Luther interrupts. "There's others like him. They'll know the signs and come looking for us. We have to be careful." He says.

"Luther I did it for you, for what he did to your family." Kate says.

"Revenge isn't worth much if you end up dead." Luther says.

Kate walks up to him closely. "I'm sorry babe. I'm sorry." She says. Luther picks up the gun. "I thought you might like that. It looks like it was made around the time you were born."

"I've seen this before." Luther says, examining the gun.

"Elkins died with it in his hands. He should have known better. Using a gun." Kate says.

"This is no ordinary gun."

Sam is driving the Impala. "Yeah dad. All right, got it." Dean says in the phone, hangs up. "Pull off at the next exit."

"Why." Sam asks angrily.

"Cause Dad thinks we've got the vampire's trail." Dean says.

Sam is now very angry. "How."

"I don't know he didn't say." Dean says. Sam guns the engine, Dean looks at him like he's crazy.

Dean turns to look at John's truck as Sam overtakes it. Once in front Sam slams on the brakes, causing the Impala to swerve sideways and John's truck to a halt.

Sam slams out of his seat to meet John who is out of his truck, also looking angry. "Oh crap. Here we go. Sam!" Dean yells.

"What the hell was that." John asks.

"We need to talk." Sam says.

John comes to a halt face to face with Sam. "About what?" John asks.

"About everything. Where we going Dad. What's the big deal about this job." Sam says.

"Sammy come on, we can Q and A after we kill all the vampires." Dean says.

"Your brother's right, we don't have time for this." John says.

"Last time we saw you you said it was too dangerous for us to be together. Now out of the blue you need our help." Sam says, now yelling. "Obviously something big is going down and we wanna know what."

"Get back in the car." John says.

Sam huffs. "No." He says.

"I said get back in the damn car." John says.

"Yeah. And I said no."

Dean hovers. "Ok you made your point tough guy. Look we're all tired, we can talk about this later. Sammy I mean it, come on." He says.

Dean grabs Sam and pushes him back toward the car. Sam goes, still staring at John. "This is why I left in the first place." Sam says.

"What did you say?" John asks.

Sam swings back. "You heard me."

"Yeah. You left. Your brother and me, we needed you. You walked away." John says.

"Sam..." Dean starts.

John yells in Sam's face. "You walked away!" He yells.

"Stop it, both of you." Dean says.

"You're the one who said don't come back Dad, you closed that door not me. You were just pissed off that you couldn't control me anymore!" Sam yells.

Dean forces them apart. "Listen, stop it, stop it. Stop it! That's enough!" He yells. Sam and John stare at each other over Dean's head. Dean looks at John. "That means you too."

Sam gets into the Impala. John turns back to his car. Dean stands in the middle, alone. He looks from one to the other. "Terrific." He says to the night air.

VAMPIRE NEST
[ ☾]

Kate and Luther get it on against the bar. The 911 girl is still tied up, trying not to watch as Luther removes Kate's shirt. They both turn to look at the girl. "You like to watch huh? Me too." Luther says and turns to Kate. "Ready baby?"

They turn to face the girl. "Are you going to kill me?" She asks.

"I'm going to take you so high you're never going to come down." Kate says.

Luther cuts Kate's arm with his knife. Kate sucks on it then goes to the girl, kissing her and forcing blood into her mouth as Luther watches. "Welcome home baby." Luther says.

In the morning, From the trees we watch as a beat up Camaro pulls in. Luther, in a t-shirt, comes out to meet it, holding the door open and shading his eyes from the sun.

"I know what time it is." Another Vamp says to Luther.

"Get in." Luther looks around then goes back inside.

Dean hides in the trees with John and Sam. "Son of a bitch. So they're really not afraid of the sun?" He asks.

"Direct sunlight hurts them like a nasty sunburn. The only way to kill 'em is by beheading. And yeah, they sleep during the day, doesn't mean they won't wake up." John says.

"I guess walking right in's not our best option." Dean says.

"Actually. That's the plan." John says.

The boys weapon up while John does the Same from an automatic hidden compartment that slides from the back of his truck. "Dad I've got an extra machete if you need one." Dean offers.

Dean holds it up but John unveils a massive shiny serrated edge machete from a leather holder.

"I think I'm ok. Thanks." John says.

Dean checks it out. "Wow." He says.

"So, you boys really wanna know about this colt?" John asks.

"Yes sir."

"It's just a story, legend really. Well I thought it was. Never really believed it until I read Daniel's letter..." John says. Scene cuts to a man making the gun and numbered bullets, carving a devil's trap into the handle.

"Back in 1835, when Halley's comet was overhead, the Same night those men died at the Alamo. They say Samuel Colt made a gun. A special gun. He made it for a hunter, a man like us only on horseback. Story goes he made thirteen bullets, and this hunter used the gun half a dozen times before he disappeared, the gun along with him. And somehow Daniel got his hands on it. They say...they say this gun can kill anything." John says.

"Kill anything like, supernatural anything?" Dean asks.

Sam thinks for a moment. "Like the demon." He says.

"Yeah, like the demon. Ever since I picked up it's trail I've been looking for a way to destroy that thing. Find the gun, we may have it." John says.

A barn window swings inwards. John jumps through and disappears. Sam follows, then Dean. They survey the room...vamps are sleeping in hammocks, all is quiet. John looks into the stalls. Sam and Dean make their way through the barn.

As Dean passes a hammock he kicks an empty bottle on the ground. It clinks but the vampire doesn't wake. At the back of the barn John finds Kate and Luther asleep on a bed in an alcove.

The gun hangs in a holster beside them. Sam finds the 911 girl tied up against the pole, sleeping or unconscious. "Dean." Sam whispers.

John slowly makes his way down a few steps to the bed. Luther turns over in his sleep. Sam begins to untie the girl. They hear a noise. "There's more." Dean says.

Dean makes his way to a locked metal grid. Inside people are tied up, also sleeping or unconscious.

There is a lock on the door. He grabs a metal hook to break the lock. Sam looks up sharply at the noise and they look over to the hammocks. There is no movement.

John approaches the gun. The girl tied up against the pole begins to stir. "Hey. Hey hey, I'm here to help you." Sam says.

The girl screams, an unearthly scream. Sam rears back, Dean looks around. The vampires wake. "Sam!" Dean yells.

John turns toward the noise. Beside him Luther and Kate wake. Luther rears up and throws him against the wall. John grabs a rock and hurls it at the blackened window, letting in the daylight. Luther and Kate flinch away. "Boys, run!" John yells.

Sam and Dean run, calling to their Dad as they do. The vampires give chase. Sam and Dean burst out the barn doors into the daylight and run up the slope to the cars before turning to look back.

"Dad?" Dean yells. "Dad!"

After a long pause John comes running up the slope. As soon as they see him the boys turn to leave.

"They won't follow. Not til tonight. Once a vampire has your scent, it's for life." John says.

"Well what the hell do we do now?" Dean asks.

"You gotta find the nearest funeral home, that's what." John says. The boys look at him, confused, then at each other.

MOTEL ROOM
[ ☼ ]

Sam paces, John sits at the table. "It shouldn't be taking this long. I should go help." Sam says.

"Dean's got it." John watches Sam pace. "Sammy."

"Yeah." Sam says.

"I don't think I ever told you this but...the day you were born you know what I did?" John asks.

"No."

"I put $100 into a savings account for you. I did the Same thing for your brother. It was a college fund. And every month I'd put in another $100 until...anyway my point is Sam that, this is never the life that I wanted for you." John says.

Sam stopped pacing. "Then why'd you get so mad when I left?" He asks.

"You gotta understand something. After your mother passed all I saw was evil, everywhere. And all I cared about was keeping you boys alive. I wanted you...prepared. Ready. Except somewhere along the line I ..uh...I stopped being your father and I...I became your drill sargent." John says. "So when you said that you wanted to go away to school, all I could think about, my only thought was, that you were gunna be alone. Vulnerable. Sammy it just...it never occured to me what you wanted. I just couldn't accept the fact that you and me were just different." Sam huffs a laugh. "What?"

"We're not different. Not anymore. With what happened to Mom and Jess...well we probably have a lot more in common than just about anyone." Sam says.

"I guess you're right son." John says.

"Hey Dad? Whatever happened to that college fund?" Sam asks.

John smiles. "I spent it on ammo." He says.

They look at each other. Sam cracks up and so does John. Dean enters. "Whew. Man, some heavy security to protect a bunch of dead guys." Dean says.

"Get it?" John asks.

Dean fumbles in his pocket, withdrawing a paper bag and from that a bottle full of something red, He hands it to John.

"You know what to do." John says.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro