15- the mutant Wolverine

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

In no way shape or form do I own or attempt to own anything from the Ghost Rider seriesand its characters and/or the Yugioh series and its characters. Please leave me your comments and reviews telling me what you think.  Thanks!

15- the mutant Wolverine

Several days later, Yugi had finally transformed back into his human form as he went home. He really needed to talk to his grandfather about what was going on before something else happened that would prevent him from telling his grandfather. Yugi went over and over in his mind how to tell his grandfather about what was happening. In the long run it sounded like an incredible story as it may leave him no choice but to transform into Atem before his grandfather's eyes. This was the most important decision that Yugi had ever made as he knew that the spirit of vengeance would help him in any way possible. Yugi found his grandfather in his room packing up a few bags. Yugi was used to seeing his grandfather pack for archaeological dig but when he saw winter clothing, it brought a questionable look to Yugi's eyes.

"Hey grandpa are you going on a trip?" asked the teen. His grandfather didn't stop what he was doing as he didn't even look at the teen.

"Yugi did you honestly forget what next week is?" asked the elderly man. Yugi scratched his head as he looked at the dates on the calender to see one week marked in red marker and written in black pen was the word 'remembrance'. On one of the dates was something else, a star symbol.

*Good lord, I can't believe that I had forgot!* he yelled at himself slapping his hand to his forehead. "Would you actually believe that I did grandpa. I am so sorry, I have just been preoccupied with a lot of different things lately. I will go and pack right now." Yugi stated heading towards his room.

*Yugi, what did you forget about?* asked Atem as he appeared in spirit form while Yugi was packing.

"The anniversary of my parents death. Every year my grandfather and I take a week off and go up to Canada to the place where they died." Yugi replied weakly trying to hold back his tears.

*Yugi how is it that they died?* Atem asked knowing that he was touching a very taboo subject. Tears of blood began to glitter down Yugi's facre as his voice seemed to disappear. The memories were still fresh in his mind of him being no older than five or six years old, living in Canada with his parents. His parents were also archaeologists as they were investigating a pair of ice ruins. They left Yugi home alone as they never returned home, as night fell Yugi was awakened by a knock on the door. There stood the police whom gave the young child the bad news. Apparently there had been a very bad avalanche as his parents were buried alive. A day later his grandfather came to get Yugi and to bring him home with him. Yugi couldn't bring himself to say a word as he broke down in tears. Atem had seen the teens memory as he wished that there was a way that he could comfort his human host. It wasn't that Yugi blamed himself fro what happened, it was that he missed them terribly. Atem's ghostly hand touched Yugi's shoulder as he allowed the teen to cry. It was only the second time that he had felt such heart ache coming from his human.

*It is all right Yugi. Loosing someone is never easy. No matter how many times I have lost someone that I cared for die, I would have a hard time getting over my grief as I often blamed myself. All we can do is remember how they once were in our memory and remember them with all of our heart.* Atem stated. Yugi looked up at the spirit of vengeance as he wiped away his tears. Atem just smiled weakly. *You might want to avoid crying in front of your grandfather until you tell him. I don't think a human being can truly understand another human crying tears of blood.*

"I guess your right. Thanks Atem for cheering me up." replied Yugi as Atem said nothing.

As Yugi packed a troubling thought entered his human.

"Hey Atem is there a way of us transforming without the mystic bike?" Yugi asked. Atem seemed to know why the teen was asking.

*Yes there is but it is extremely painful. We are better using the mystic bike and the medallion of power. It would be easier if we were whole for us to switch control and transform.* Atem stated as he gave Yugi a small taste. The symbol that appeared on the medallion of power burned in the palms of Yugi hands. He felt like his flesh was literally on fire. Atem didn't push it too far as he knew that his human host couldn't handle it just yet. Atem pulled back quickly as Yugi collapsed onto his knees grabbing a hold of his heart. *I don't possess the power to separate the medallion of power from the bike until all seven items have been united together.* Atem stated. With all the transformations that Yugi had been through with Atem he was grateful that the spirit of vengeance was holding back.

"I guess that just means that we have to find a way to bring the bike." Yugi replied.

As they prepared to leave, Mr. Moto was having trouble starting his car. Yugi took this as a sign as he offered to drive up his motorcycle.

"Are you certain you have enough room Yugi?" asked Mr. Moto as he tried to figure out what was wrong with the car.

*We will once I get done with it.* Atem snickered in the back of Yugi's mind.

"More than enough grandpa." Yugi replied as grey smoke blew up in the old man's face. This cause Yugi to giggle as Mr. Moto cursed at the car slamming the hood down and kicking the car.

"Fine I guess I will have this hunk of junk looked at when we get back." Mr. Moto replied as he stormed into the house. Yugi ran quickly to the mystic motorcycle making sure that no one could see what he was about to do.

*I am taking control Yugi.* Atem stated as he took over the teens body laying one hand over the medallion of power. Hellfire coursed through Atem's body into the mystic cycle as it began to change its shape. It became much longer with a rack attached to the back end as a side car began to form linking to the cycle. Once the alterations were done Atem gave Yugi back control over his body. *That should do it. It should remain in that shape unless we use it in the hellcycle form.* Atem stated mentally. Atem hoped that they would have to use the mystic motorcycle for anything other than the trip.

As they drove up through Canada heading towards Quebec, Yugi saw a hitch hiker. The symbol on his right hand glowed indicating that this man was one of Atem's allies. Yugi pulled the motorcycle over in order to give the man a ride.

"Where are you heading stranger?" Yugi asked. The man stood much taller and looked far more muscular than Yugi. His spikey black hair was tied back up into a ponytail as he stared at Yugi through his emerald green eyes.

"Quebec, Canada." he replied in a thick Canadian accent.

"Same here. Hop on and we will give you a lift. My name is Yugi Moto and that's my grandfather Solomon Moto." stated Yugi as he pointed to his grandfather in the side car.

"Duke Devlin." replied the stanger as he tired his bag down getting in back of Yugi.

*Yugi be careful. I do sense a strange power within him.* Atem stated mentally as Yugi could see the symbol on Duke's left shoulder. Atem usually never worries but Yugi could feel and sense Atem's concern.

They finally reached Quebec Canada as Yugi pulled up to a local inn that he and his grandfather was staying at. Yugi's grandfather went to park his bike. Suddenly he was by Duke as he threw Yugi hard against the wall. Three long razor sharp claws came out in between of Duke's knuckles.

"All right kid maybe you can explain something to me. Why do you smell of blood and ash? Even since I meet you, I have had this strange feeling that I know you from somewhere even though we never met before. Just whom in the world are you?" snarled Duke. Yugi's throat was being crushed as he gagged for air.

"Human but not human. In some way a little like you." replied Yugi in a eerie voice of Atem had forcefully taken control over the teens body. The sudden change in Yugi's deminor forced Duke to let go of his hold on the teen. Yugi coughed for air as the claws retracted back into Duke's hand.

"Atem warn me next time before you do something like that." Yugi snapped at the spirit.

*Sorry Yugi. Would you want me to have you killed before we could complete the prophecy?* Atem asked mentally. Yugi said nothing in reply as he turned his attention to Duke.

"Sorry about that. Sometimes my alter half likes to do or say things a little different than me. He is the main reason to why you are smelling blood and ash. As to the reason why you feel like you know me, I think I can somewhat explain that." Yugi stated. Yugi proceeded to explain about Atem, the prophecy, the mystic items, and the symbol. After explaining everything, Duke seemed hardly shock by what Yugi had just told him.

"No wonder why the professor told me that I would someone whom I could relate too and whom was going through the same things that I am going through." stated Duke.

"Doesn't it hurt?" Yugi asked pointing to Duke's hand.

"When I first learned about or got the claws yes but now, no. The things is I don't exactly remember anything about my past all I have to go on is the two items that I wear around my neck and a few scattered fragments of what I can recall. I am not even sure if Duke Devlin is my real name." Duke stated pulling down the collar to his shirt as he was wearing two necklaces. The first most noticeable one was the golden Egyptian necklace with the same golden eye symbol that Yugi had noticed several of the mystic items had. The second necklace which looked like military dog tags with several numbers.

"Wolverine huh? The only necklace that I recognize is the gold Egyptian necklace which is one of the mystic items that we will need to complete the prophecy." replied Yugi as he read the name inscribed on the necklace.

"So the necklace is actually yours?" asked Duke.

"It was once a long time ago. You should hold onto it until we need it." Yugi stated. "So where are you heading to now?"

"Further north. I was told by Professor Xavier that there is a lab that hold some answers to how I got these adamantium claws. Thanks for the ride kid. Tell your grandfather that I said thanks." Duke stated as he grabbed his bag and headed off.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro