Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

( PARTY ON, GARTH )

WOODS
[ ]

A teenage boy, Chris, is telling a story to people around a campfire. "Long ago, in these very woods, lived an old woman by the name... of Jenny Greentree." He shines the flashlight onto his face from under his chin.

"Whooo!" A Girl said.

The camera pans out and we see there are four people around the campfire – Chris, the Girl sitting next to him, and another teenage boy, Ray, and girl, Chloe, sitting close together on the other side of the fire.

"Forced out after her family was killed in a fire. She lost everything." Chris says. "Some say, even her humanity."

"That is so sad." Ray says.

"Shut up!" Yells Chloe.

"It's a true story, Ray. Look." Chris shines a flashlight onto the letters "JG" carved into a nearby tree. "She carved her initials into that tree... right before she died."

"Those are not her initials." Says Chloe. We see the scene from a distance, as if through someone else's eyes. "So, how'd she die?"

"One night, a blizzard hit. She's cold, she's hungry, nowhere to go, no one to turn to. Jenny Greentree froze to death... right beneath that tree. And her evil spirit has haunted these woods ever since." Chris shines the flashlight onto his face from under his chin and grins creepily.

Ray gooses Chloe and she jumps. He laughs. "Don't do that!" Chloe yells. Suddenly a bottle smashes against the tree. The Girl screams and everybody jumps.

Another teenage boy, Trevor, staggers up, laughing drunkenly. Chris rolls his eyes. "You guys should have seen your faces!" Trevor yells.

"What the hell, Trevor? That's not funny, man!" Chris yells.

"To you!" Trevor says.

Ray stands up. "Yo. You drive here, man?" He asks.

"Oh, please. Look, why – why don't you take – take my phone, okay? Call Dad and bust me, why don't you?" Trevor asks.

"No, I'm just saying, you're wasted. You can't just drive..." Ray says.

"Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. I heard ya." Trevor laughs uneasily. "What was that?"

"What? No. Trevor, let's just sit down, okay, we'll—"

"Shhh. You – you don't hear that?" Asks Trevor. We see the scene from a distance again.

"Trevor, there's nothing there, all right? Let's just sit down, and we'll..." Ray starts.

"What the...? You gotta run. You gotta run!" Trevor runs away.

"Trevor!"

"I'm sorry, but what is your brother on?" Chloe asks. There is a scream in the distance.

"Trevor!" Ray runs after Trevor.

Later, Ray is walking in the woods, looking for Trevor. "Trevor! Trev, come on! Stop being a tool!" He sees Trevor sitting against a tree. "Come on, Trevor, let's head back. Dude."

Trevor is dead. His face is cut and bleeding and there is a large hole in his abdomen.

SUPERNATURAL

MOTEL ROOM
[ ☼ ]

We pan to a bed with two people sleeping in it: Dean and Elena. Elena has her left arm wrapped around his torso and her head on his chest while Dean wears headphones to sleep. He liked to listen to the sounds of the ocean while he slept. They are both asleep.

Elena is the first one to stir asleep. She opens her eyes, looking up at Dean and smiling. They've been officially together for a few days now and she's been loving every moment of it.

"Dean..." She coos, but he doesn't wake up. "Dean." Elena lifts her head from his chest and places her palm in the middle of it. He grumbles in his sleep.

Elena shakes her head and places her lips on his. Instantly, he kisses back and opens his eyes. "You know, every time you do that, I wonder if I'm dreaming." Dean says.

"This is no dream." Elena says. "We're finally together, with no complications."

Dean sits up in bed. "Feels weird though, right? Sam practically pushed both of us together." He says. Elena wraps her arms behind Dean.

"But we're finally together now, so let's see where this goes." Elena says as there is a knock on the door. "Come in."

Sam walks in with his laptop and shuts the door. Dean and Elena pull apart due to the awkwardness. "Guys, for the hundredth time. I'm fine with you two together." He says.

"You say that, but every time I look at you, I feel like you're going to explode." Dean says.

"I'm fine." Sam says. "I've got something you want to see."

STREET
[ ☼ ]

Bell Biv DeVoe's "Poison" plays as a vehicle pulls up outside "Burger Heaven." Garth gets out, wearing sunglasses, and walks slowly to the restaurant. Chloe and the teenage Girl are talking outside the restaurant. "Ladies." Garth says.

"What do you want, Top Gun?" The Girl asks and laughs.

"For starters, I'd like a little respect." Garth holds up a badge.

"Sorry, Officer. We didn't realize."

"All's forgiven. Take a seat. Tell me about Trevor McAnn. Other night up at Widow's Peak." He says. The girls speak simultaneously:

"Okay. Well, at first it was just like he was super-drunk."

"All right. It was weird 'cause he was super-drunk."

"Whoa. You." Garth points to the Girl. "Go."

"It was Jenny Greentree."

"Shut up! Okay? She's just a dumb legend." Chloe says.

"Hold up. Who?" Asks Garth.

"Jenny Greentree. My dad says she really died in the woods. And she's buried in the town cemetery."

CEMETERY
[ ☾]

Garth is digging in front of Jennifer Greentree's headstone. "All right, Jenny G." He pours salt into the grave. "Your ganking days are over." He lights a match and tosses it into the grave. "You've been Garthed." Garth walks back to his vehicle in slow motion as "Poison" plays.

CAR
[ ☾]

Ray is sitting in a car with a bottle of alcohol beside him. He pushes a button on his cell phone. "Ray, where are you?" Chloe asks. Ray drinks from another bottle. "You should be with your family right now. Don't do anything stupid. Please." Ray hits a button to stop the message and takes another drink. He gets out of the car, carrying a rifle.

WOODS
[ ☾]

Ray walks through the woods with his rifle. He sees a long-haired woman in a white dress through the trees and runs towards her. He pauses and looks around, then screams as he is dragged upwards. His legs shake and there is the sound of flesh tearing. Blood runs down his legs and onto his boots and the ground.

STREET
[ ☾]

Garth is talking on his phone in front of a food van that reads "Guanaco Salvadoran Cuisine." "Yeah, I clocked out. Put it to bed. Problem solved. And I'm headed your way, so, uh... fire up that hot tub." He chuckles. "No, I heart you more." He gets into his vehicle and opens a take-out container. A Voice speaks in there Police Radio.

"Abandoned vehicle out by Widow's Peak. Uh, we got another body up here. Guy's torn to shreds."

"What?! No way. How is that possible? I Garthed her!" Garth yells.

CAR
[ ☾]

Dean is talking on the phone in the passenger seat. Sam is driving. "All right, well, call us if he wakes up or, you know, anything. Yeah, fine. Thanks for your help, Meg." Dean hangs up. "What a bitch."

"So, Cas is the same, then?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, down to the drool."

"Huh." Sam says.

"By the way, how is your custard?" Asks Dean.

"It's all right. It's getting better. Just wish it wasn't like the damn tape from "The Ring." I mean, I feel like I'm okay 'cause I passed on the crazy." Sam says.

"No, you didn't. You heard what Cas said." Dean's phone rings.

"Let's – let's not. You know what?" Sam says. Dean answers the phone. The scene alternates between Dean, Elena and Sam in the car and Garth sitting in his vehicle.

"Hello." Dean says.

"Hey, Dean. It's Garth."

"Wait. W-who is this?" Asks Dean.

"Garth. Garth Fitzgerald the Fourth. We worked together on that demon thing? You owe me one?"

"Oh, yeah. Yeah, how you doing, Garth?" Dean asks.

"I'm ready to cash in that chip, Bra. There's something brewing in Junction City, Kansas."

MORGUE
[ ☼ ]

A Coroner leads Dean, Elena and Sam in their FBI suits into the room. "Well, this is it. This is Corporal Brown." The Coroner says.

Garth, wearing an Army uniform, is standing next to the body. "Corporal James Brown. I'm shipping off to the AF mañana. I'm here to pay respects to my cousin as I will not be able to attend the funeral." He says.

"That must be terrible for your family. Losing two brothers so fast." The Coroner says. Dean looks at Sam and Sam looks at Garth, to whom this is obviously news.

"Yeah. Yeah. My aunt—she's, uh... she's real broken up about it." Says Garth.

"Hey, Doc, can we see both files, please?" Elena asks.

"Mm-hmm." The Coroner's phone rings. "Ah." He hands Elena a file. "My wife. I'll, uh, be in my office."

"Great." Dean says as The Coroner leaves the room.

"You didn't say they were brothers." Sam says.

"Dude, I just found out about the other corpse, and... started moving quick. I'm sucking up info as I go." Garth says.

"What, are you allergic to a suit?" Dean asks.

"No. I just... look good in a uniform." Garth says.

Sam reads the file. "Yep. Same cause of death." He walks over to a computer.

"Right, uh, gutted at night in the woods, where legend says that the ghost of Jenny Greentree roams." Garth says and Dean takes out an EMF meter. "Oh, uh, I already scanned for EM..." The EMF reader makes noise. "F. Oh. Um... I guess mine must be broken again."

"All right. I'm reading your mail. Uh, ghost of Jenny... whatever?" Dean asks.

"Greentree. That's just it. I torched her bones."

"Yeah, well, maybe she's got something still laying around." Dean says.

Sam is searching online for "Junction City, Ray, Trevor McAnn." He opens a web page for the Midwestern Brewing Company, which lists Thighslapper Ale, Headspinner Amber Ale and Hardhead Imperial Stout.

"Highly doubtful. Chick was homeless." Garth says. Dean looks under the sheet at the body and makes a face. "Plus, is it me, or is this less evil spirit, more monster chow?"

"A werewolf?" Asks Elena.

"Except, uh, the witness said that whatever was chasing victim numero uno was invisible." Garth says.

"Uh..." Dean chuckles. "So, invisible ghost werewolf?"

"Why'd you think I called for backup?" Asks Garth.

"Hey. Either of you ever heard of Thighslapper Ale?" Asks Dean.

"Is that a stripper or a beverage?" Garth asks.

"Beverage for douchebags." Dean says.

"Uh, number one microbrew in the Pacific Northwest." Says Sam.

"But we're in Kansas." Garth says.

"Yeah, I rest my case. What's your point?" Dean asks.

"The owner is the dad to the dead brothers." Sam says.

"Right. I'll can the uniform, go Fed. See you at the brewery in 40." Garth leaves.

"He grows on you." Dean says.

MIDWESTERN BREWING COMPANY
[ ☼ ]

A Woman walks through the brewery and opens the door for Sam, Dean, Elena and Garth, who are all wearing suits. "Agents. I'm Marie. I'm a manager." Marie says.

"Thanks for coming in on a Sunday." Elena says.

"We want to help. Anything we can do." Marie leads them inside.

"Oh. So all this is your dad's, huh?" Dean asks.

"And his friend – Randy Baxter. They own the place together now."

"Uh..."now"?" Sam asks.

"Well, since Dale died." Marie says.

"Hold on, hold on, hold on. You think I just come in late..." The Man is standing in an office, lecturing a Teen Boy. Another man is leaning against the wall. "...whenever I want?"

"I'm sorry, sir. It won't happen again." The Teen Boy says.

"The, uh, "charming" Randy Baxter." Marie says.

"Mm."

"Tell you what – congratulations. You're headed for the graveyard shift. Be one second late, and you're fired." Randy says.

"Yes, sir." The Boy says.

"He's actually a really nice guy. It's just not easy being the axman." Marie says.

"So true." Dean says.

"My comrades got you covered, so if you'll excuse me." Garth says.

"Uh, yeah, I'll go with you." Sam says as he and Garth walk into the office. "Mr. McAnn? Uh, we'll be brief. I promise."

"Mr. McAnn, is there any reason to believe your sons may have had enemies?" Garth asks.

"We were told they were animal attacks." McAnn says.

"We just need to explore every possibility." Sam says.

"They got lots of friends. No."

"Well, do they work here with you? Like Marie does. Uh, could someone have been jealous?" Asks Sam.

"N-no. Marie's the only one. Oh – no. Th– there's no... Uh..."

"Jim. It's okay. It's okay." Randy says to Mr McAnn, then to Sam and Garth. "Let him get some rest. I'll answer your questions."

"Of course." Sam says as Jim leaves the room.

Meanwhile, Marie, Elena and Dean are walking through the brewery. "He blamed himself when Dale died, and now this." Marie says.

"Why did he blame himself?" Elena asks.

"Well, Dale was sensitive. But what do you do – watch them 24/7? You can't blame Dale's friends." Marie says.

"But your dad still feels bad." Dean says.

"And it doesn't help Dale's wife is suing us." Marie says.

"Really? Why?" Dean asks.

"She's angry and grieving, and this is America?"

Sam and Garth are talking to Randy in the office. "I knew Ray and Trevor. Hell, I'm godfather to all four of Jim's kids. Ray and Trevor loved their fun, but they'd never do anything crazy." Randy says.

"No rugrats of your own?" Garth asks.

"Just Jim's. They'd borrow my car, raid my fridge." Says Randy.

"Now, the two of you started this company with a third partner. Right?" Sam asks.

"Yeah. Dale." Randy says. The camera pans in on two framed photographs of the three men. "He passed away a few months ago."

"Passed away in the woods or...?" Garth asks.

"He took his own life."

"Oh. Sorry." Says Garth.

"Well, he had problems for a long time. Look, this is just a nightmare." Randy says and Sam notices a wooden box with Japanese characters written on it next to a tray of drinks behind the desk. "First Dale, now this. This was gonna be our big year. We're selling Thighslapper to one of the largest distributors in the US. It's been in the works for months. News is gonna hit public pretty soon."

"Well, that's the brass ring, huh?" Garth asks.

"Given other circumstances, yeah, we'd be celebrating right about now." Randy says.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro