Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

( DRUNKED SPIRITS )

HOUSE
[ ☼ ]

We see a close-up of a family photo of Jim McAnn, Ray, Trevor, Marie, another woman, Lillian, and a Young Girl on Lillian's lap. Lillian is carrying a bottle of vodka in the kitchen. She pours some into one of two glasses of orange juice and takes a sip, then carries both glasses to the next room, where the Young Girl is drawing at a table.

"That looks great, sweetie." Lillian sets both glasses on the table. There is a knock at the door.

"Hello?" Jim calls.

"There's Grandpa. Hi." A Wiman says. Lillian walks to the entryway and hugs Jim. The Young Girl picks up one of the glasses of orange juice and takes a drink. From her face it is clear that she picked up the glass with the vodka.

"Oops."

"I'll get some snacks. You should eat." Lillian says.

"Yeah."

"Sit, Dad." Lillian says as The Young Girl giggles.

"Hey, what you drawing?" Asks Jim.

"My world." The Young Girl giggles as she draws. She looks up and sees something move through the air and then a long-haired woman in a white dress walk into the entryway.

The Young Girl gets up and looks around the entryway, then walks into the kitchen. Lillian is making sandwiches. The Young Girl can see the long-haired woman in the white dress standing behind Lillian.

Jim walks into the kitchen. "What is it, sweetie?" He asks and The Young Girl points. Jim can see only Lillian behind the counter.

"What is it?" The Wiman asks and The Young Girl continues to point. Lillian turns and gasps as she sees the woman in the white dress. The Young Girl screams as Lillian turns to try to get away. The woman in the white dress puts her fist through Lillian's back.

Jim grabs the Young Girl and turns her face away. "Lillian!" He can only see Lillian, with her back arched and her arms outstretched. The camera angle changes to show Lillian from the front with the woman in the white dress behind her. Lillian looks down to see a hand protruding through her body beneath her shirt. She falls to the floor.

MOTEL ROOM
[ ☾]

Garth is working on an EMF reader. Dean is sitting on a sofa reading a journal with Elena looking over his shoulder. "There's a million things with claws go bump in the night." Dean says. Sam is sitting at the table using the laptop. "Once you throw in "invisible," the number goes down."

Elena picks up a motel card on the table next to him. "'Afternoon Delights'? Really, Garth? Don't you think this place is a little, uh..." She starts.

"Uh, you want a nice hot tub after a day at the office. It's the little things. I feel sad for those brewery dudes. Spend your life beautifying the world through beer. First a partner offs himself." Garth says as Dean drinks from his flask. "Now two kids get ganked by unknown freakadeek."

"According to this, Dale wasn't just a partner." Sam says. The laptop screen shows an article on the Midwestern Brewing Company. "He was also the brewmaster."

"'Brewmaster'?" Garth asks.

"He was widely considered a genius." Sam says.

"All right, that's it." Dean gets up. "No microbrew is worth..." He puts his flask down on the counter near Garth and the EMF reader starts to make noise. "...what was it – eight Food Magazine awards?" He takes beer bottles out of the fridge. "Beer's not food. It's..." He puts a bottle down for Garth. "...whatever water is." Dean gives Sam a bottle and inspects the label on his own bottle.

"Uh, where's my beer?" Elena asks Dean.

"You don't need one." Dean says. "Remember, liver disease?" He looks at his drink. "Hmm. Thighslapper." He takes a drink. "Wow, that's actually awesome. Damn it, I'm not even mad anymore."

Dean, Elena and Sam watch Garth drink the entire contents of his bottle and shake the last few drops into his mouth. He belches.

"Wow. Party on, Garth." Dean says.

"I don't even usually drink beer. It messes with my depth perception." Garth belches again and hiccups. "Especially when I skinny-dip." Sam and Dean look at each other. "Hey, you guys want to hear a joke?"

"Listen to this. This is something interesting." Sam says and Garth laughs. "Garth, are you drunk?"

"Dude, I just... drank a whole beer. Of course I'm drunk." Garth belches again.

"Something interesting?" Dean asks.

"Right. Uh..." Sam says.

"Hey, can I have some more Thighslapper?" Garth asks.

"No." Sam and Elena say at the same time.

"No. Coffee for you, Tara Reid." Dean says.

"Coffee with kalhúa in it?"

"So, it says that Dale actually left the company two weeks before he died." Sam says. "Or... maybe he got pushed out 'cause he didn't want to sell. I mean, Baxter said the deal's been in the works for months."

"That would explain the widow. She's suing." Elena says.

"Maybe Dale had a bone to pick, and he's still picking it." Dean says.

"Right. So, maybe he's a spirito malo." Garth says.

"Unit to McAnn residence. 698 Washburn."

"'McAnn residence', as in Jim McAnn?" Sam asks.

"As in, let's hope for their sake our spirito ain't made it out of the woods." Garth says. "All right. Let's go check it."

"Uh, you two go. I'm gonna visit the widow." Sam says.

Dean looks at Sam, who smiles at him. "Elena you coming?" Dean asks.

"I'll go with Sam." Elena says and Dean nods, then walks away with Garth.

MCANN HOUSE
[ ☾]

"I've been meaning to ask you..." Garth says. "What was that all about?"

"What was what all about?" Asks Dean.

"You seemed surprised when Elena offered to go with Sam." Garth says.

Dean sighs. "I really don't feel like talking about my relationship to an unstable drunkard." He says.

"Come on, man. I thought we were finally becoming the best of friends." Garth says.

"Fine." Dean says. "Long time ago Sam and Elena used to date. Now I date her."

"And you're afraid that she still has some feelings for him?" Garth asks.

"No, I'm afraid that he still has some feelings for her." Dean says. "Sam has been off his rocker for a while and now that he's...better, I'm just worried he'll change his mind about me and Elena."

"When I first met you guys, I thought you were perfect for each other." Garth says.

Dean clears his throat. "Let's get back to work." He says. "Well?"

"Place is clean." Garth says. He and Dean are standing in the entryway of the house. "My EMF is a nada." He takes another EMF reader out of his jacket pocket. "So is this one."

"Is that mine?" Dean asks.

"Yeah. I borrowed it in case mine's broke." Says Garth.

"Oh."

"So, uh... we still on invisible werewolf?" Garth asks.

"Maybe, maybe not. I can't get Tess to talk, but I get the feeling she saw something." Dean says.

We see the Young Girl, Tess, sitting on a sofa with Jim and Marie on either side of her. "I'm gonna take a run at her." Garth says.

"A what?" Dean asks.

"Trust me. My special lady has twins." Garth goes into the living room. "Mr. McAnn?"

"'Special lady'?" Dean repeats as he follows Garth.

"Do you mind if we speak to Tess alone for just a sec? It would really help." Garth says.

"Honey, we'll... we'll be right out there, okay?" Jim says.

"Thanks." Garth says as Jim and Marie leave the room. "Hi, Tess." He sits down on the coffee table in front of Tess. "You want to tell me what you saw tonight?" Tess shakes her head. "Or maybe you'll talk to..." He raises a hand in a sock puppet and speaks in a high-pitched voice. "Mr. Fizzles!" He waves the puppet around. "I'm your friend! Yay!"

"Garth. Why don't we put the sock away?" Dean asks.

Garth speaks in his Mr Fizzles voice. "Mr. Fizzles wants to help Tess. He wants to listen." He says.

"Mr. Fizzles is gonna go where the sun don't shine." Dean says.

"It was a monster." Says Tess.

"I believe you, Tess. Did it have claws?" Garth asks and Tess nods.

"How come you were the only one that could see it, Tess?" Dean asks and Tess shrugs.

"What else, Tess?" Garth asks through Mr Fizzles and Tess shrugs. "You sure? 'Cause Mr. Fizzles can sense when you're being a..." He has a deep voice now. "...liar."

"All right. That's – that's enough... Mr. Fizzles." Dean says.

"I drank a grown-up drink." Tess says.

"Uh, grown-up like, uh, coffee?" Dean asks and Teas shakes her head. "Well, you mean alcohol?"

"It was an accident. Don't let them arrest me, Mr. Fizzles." Tess says. Garth looks at Dean and points Mr Fizzles at him. Garth and Mr Fizzles nod.

DALE'S WIDOW'S HOUSE
[ ☾]

"Your husband did a lot of traveling, huh?" Sam asks.

"He went to all kinds of exotic places for the best ingredients." The Widow says.

"Right. I've tried his work. It's – it's great." Sam says. "Um, I hear you're not exactly on the best of terms with Dale's old partners."

"Well, they sold his company right out from under him. It's not about money. It's about... It was his baby, you know?"

"You sound pretty upset about it." Elena says.

"I'm furious. I hate them. But then I think how Dale was." She says.

"What do you mean?" Sam asks.

"His friends left him behind, but you know what he said? 'I'm gonna send them a gift that shows I forgive them'." The Widow says.

"Do you have any idea what he sent them?" Elena asks

"Bottle of sake. From one of his trips. In a... gorgeous box with writing. He was so careful with it. Wouldn't let me touch it."

CAR
[ ☾]

Garth is driving with Dean in the car. "So, kid in the woods sees something that nobody else does. Then Tess sees a monster, and Jim doesn't. What's the thread?" Dean asks.

"Hmm. Well, certain mutants see infrared." Garth says.

"'Grown-up drinks'. Tess chugged her mom's, and vic number one was plastered."

"Right. So... Whoa. Monster you got to be drunk to see. Cool!" Garth yells. "Also... hard to fight."

Dean takes a drink from his flask. "Ahh. Just getting in the zone. You are strictly on wine coolers." He says.

"Hey, I love those. Anything sweet." Garth chuckles. "Whoo!" He yells as Dean takes another drink. "So, uh, what's with the Grody flask anyway? Lucky charm?"

"It's Bobby's." Dean says.

Flashback to Dean putting the flask down on the counter at the motel and the EMF reader reacting.

"No microbrew is worth – what was it – eight..."

"Hmm. Really? 'Cause, um... You think there's a possibility that Bobby's riding your wave?" Garth asks.

"No, we gave him a hunter's wake." Dean says.

"Yeah, I-I burned my cousin Brandon, and he stayed stuck. And – and – and they got ghosts in India, and they cremate everybody over there. It's just instinct, but maybe there is EMF around here. It just ain't the job.

"All right, we're not gonna talk about this, okay? Not in the middle of work." Says Dean.

"Sorry." Garth says as Dean's phone rings. "Just hope that fire did the trick."

"Hey, Sam. Yeah. Got it. We're on our way." Dean says.

BREWERY
[ ☾]

Garth is in the car, which is parked outside the brewery. Sam picks the lock on the brewery door and he, Elena and Dean enter. They walk through the brewery to the office.

"Here it is." Sam picks up the wooden box with Japanese writing, sets it on the desk and opens it.

Inside is a fancy box decorated with a face and more Japanese characters, and inside that box is the bottle of saki. The seal is broken.

"Oh." Sam shakes the bottle. "Wait a second. Someone's been Sampling the goods."

"Oh, you don't say?" Dean looks up. "Hey, check it out. God, I love paranoid people." The camera angle changes as if the scene was being recorded by a security camera.

Elena motions towards the computer. "See if you can get on." She says to Sam.

"Okay. Uh..." Sam brings up an image of himself, Elena and Dean behind the desk. "Huh!" They all wave at the camera. "All right, so, first death was, what, uh, four months ago? Yeah?"

"Mm-hmm, and, uh, Trevor McAnn. Patient zero." Dean says.

"So, what did he let out of that bottle?" Sam plays the security footage, which shows Jim and Randy in the office, the cleaner, and Trevor. "Nothing there."

"That we can see." Elena says. The security footage shows Trevor taking some bottles from the office. Dean puts a bottle and a glass on the desk and claps Sam on the shoulder.

"What, are you kidding me?" Sam asks.

"Tick-tock." Dean says as Sam pours himself a glass of whiskey.

"Ugh." Dean puts the cap back on a bottle.

"I mean, can you even get drunk anymore? It's kind of like, uh, drinking a vitamin for you, right?" Asks Sam.

"Shut up." Dean sniffs another bottle. "Holy..." He drinks from the bottle and coughs. Dean pours himself a glass of a clear liqueur and clinks glasses with Sam and Elena. They all drink. Sam pours himself another glass of whiskey. They both drain their glasses.

"All right. Party time." Dean says.

"Okay." Elena says and coughs.

"Rewind and go." Dean says as Sam plays the footage of Trevor. They can now see the long-haired woman in the white dress standing in the office.

"So, he – he let that thing out of the box, and it must have just followed him to the place with all the thingies." Sam says.

"Yes. Yes. That's smart. I'm actually kind of drunk." Dean looks at his empty glass. "What is this?" He pours himself another glass. "Me likey. I miss these talks." Dean takes a drink, but spits it out again as Randy comes into the office.

"What the hell?!" Randy yells.

"Oh, man." Dean says.

"Uh..." Elena starts. "Sorry?"

"Turn it off. Turn it off." Dean says.

"FBI, huh? You know what?" Randy pushes buttons on his phone. "You can save it for the cops."

"Whoa, whoa, Mr. Baxter, listen. If – if you just let us explain, you might not—" Sam starts.

"Aah!" Randy falls to the floor. Garth has tasered him.

"911. What is your emergency? Hello? Do you need assistance?"

STREET OUTSIDE
JAPANESE RESTAURANT
[ ☾]

A Japanese Man in a restaurant uniform is reading the Japanese writing on the saki box. Sam, Elena and Dean are holding coffees.

"Anata ga marou mono... Wa anata ka ra mo morau. It says, 'what you took will be taken from you'. Like, eye for an eye. You with me?" The Japanese Man asks and Sam nods. "Kono bin niwa syoujou zuke no sake ga hu-in sarete iru. Where'd you guys get this anyway?"

"Why? Is – is there, uh, something the matter?" Sam asks.

"Well, you're not superstitious, are you?" The Japanese Man gives the box to Sam.

"Not at all." Dean says.

"No, no." Sam says.

"Because...this says the bottle inside contains a Shojo."

"What's a... Shojo?" Elena asks.

"An alcohol spirit. Look, it's just an old myth. I wouldn't worry about it. But they are not known for being friendly." Someone inside the restaurant shouts in Japanese and the Japanese Man shouts in return. "I got to go."

"Oh. Uh, hey, uh... There you go." Dean hands the Japanese Man some money. "Thank you."

"Thank you."

"Yeah." Dean says.

"Take care."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro