2. Can an empty shell feel?

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Xian hears a click.

'The door is open.' Xian slings the bag over his shoulder and runs out.

"Where are you going? Wait. Stop." Someone calls.

Xian doesn't stop, he doesn't wait, he doesn't hear. He runs.

"Where are you going?"

A man's voice stops Xian.

He has almost already reached his destination. Xian doesn't turn back, he doesn't need to. He knows this voice. He doesn't freak out... Maybe he should have... After all, the voice had spoken to him everyday... Mocking him. Rubbing salt on his injured self-worth...all of it without ever letting him know of his identity.

"None of your business." Xian answers and keeps walking.
A strong arm grabs him in the middle and pulls him close.

No reaction.

"Give me something... anything." The man with the husky deep voice says, his breath carassing Xian's neck.

Xian laughs. It's lifeless... It's empty.
He drops his backpack on the floor.

Thud.

"Xian....please." The voice pleads. Warm rugged breaths fan Xian's cheeks.
Xian wants to feel... Can an empty shell feel?

"I never asked your name... " Xian whispers in the darkness that surrounds them. They are alone.

"No, you didn't."

Xian laughs again... it's empty.

"Let me go." Xian says. His voice is emotionless.

"What will you do if I don't?" The man asks, his grip on Xian tightens.

"Nothing." Xian murmurs. Then starts struggling violently.

No!  Unacceptable!
The hands encircling Xian's waist, pull him closer.

"You can't have me! No one can have me. I will make sure no one can touch me again!" Xian screams trying to break free of the hold.

'I can't lose him.'
"Please Xian. Listen to me." the man begs. Xian feels warm lips caress his face.

"No."

"HE will never hurt you again." The man bites out. He is angry, but not at Xian, never at Xian.

"Let me go!" A question about him makes Xian struggle harder. He frees himself from the man's grasp and runs towards freedom... 'Nothing can stop me now. Nothing can touch he now.'

No!
The man runs behind Xian.

'Enough!'

Xian feels a pin prick on his neck...a familiar face knees down next to him and then there is darkness.

Xian opens his eyes. He doesn't know where he is. His body feels a little stiff. Like he has been lying on the bed for ages.

"Hi, you are up." The young man says sitting next to Xian on the bed and cupping his face.
Xian flinches at the touch but doesn't try to distance himself for the man's gentle touch, 'Young, blemishfree skin, barely 20, sharp mono lid eyes, pouty lips, warm.' Xian's mind supplies. The face is familiar.

"Yes." Xian answers trying to smile. It feels strange...like he has not done that in years... like he doesn't deserve to do it at all.

The man smiles. It's dazzling. It's like the first rays of the sun hitting the morning due.
'Gorgeous.' Xian wonders why the man is so happy.

"Who are you?" Xian asks.

The young man's face falls.

Xian almost apologizes. 'Nooo, don't stop smiling.'

"Xian, don't joke with me like that." The young man says, irritably, "You know I don't like it when you joke like that."

"Mn." Xian tries to smile again. 'Maybe I will get to see his beautiful smile, if I smile.'

Xian is right. Xian's smile makes the gorgeous man smile.

"I love you." The man says and for some reason Xian believes him.

The man cups his face once more and looks into his eyes, "Make love to me." The man says tracing Xian's lips.

Xian smiles. It's perfect. It's beautiful. It's not empty.

{Note :- Three more chapters to go.

Please Vote to support this update if you have enjoyed it.}

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro