Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Arjuna
Warriors do cry

The biggest misconception of the society, is that they think that men, from the royal family, trained efficiently have no problems in their life.

Arjuna sighed thinking the same. They had no much time left. He, along with his brothers and their common wife, Panchali had to leave for the Mahaprasthana tomorrow.

The sun had set and the night sky was such a welcome sight, appearing like magic at each sunset, promising to return as she faded in dawn's first light.

"Dears, for the last time, take the blessings of your father and Madri maa." his mother Kunti had said that evening controlling her tears.

That dreadful evening, the 4 year old Arjuna didn't understand anything. He thought that his father Pandu was having a nap. He was confused why everyone, including Kunti were in tears. He was confused, why his father had been wrapped in a white cloth.

But his confusions got cleared only when he along with his other 4 brothers lited the fire of the pyre where their father was placed, closing his sleeping peacefully, forever.

"Let you walk on the path of righteousness always. Let the victory always be yours." Madri had blessed him with teary eyes, but a feel of pride radiating in her eyes.

He had never imagined in his wildest dreams that that would be the last of her, blessing him.

The world beneath, shook as Madri jumped on the same pyre they lited just few seconds before.

He was a prince back then, though he was staying in the forests. He was of the royal family of whom people thought as happy people.

But little did the society notice the wet mattress every night. He would cry, cry till he slept.

The smiling Arjuna was to be seen only in the mornings. Not that he was afraid of what society would think of him.

He was afraid to see his beloved ones crying seeing him. He didn't want to be a reason for his small family to be sad.

For that reason, he would always used to prank others with Nakul. The smile he used to see later, would make him so contented from inside.

That day he decided that whatever happens, he would pull a slight joke and make others smile.

But, he didn't know that decision of his would lead to where he was standing today.

"Divide whatever you have received equally with your brothers."

Those words resounded even today in his mind loudly.

He thought, should he smile or cry at it.

Draupadi. His first wife, sacrificed so much for the unity of his brothers to survive till eternity. She married all the sons of Pandu, in a hope that they will be there to support her by all times and they could establish righteousness in the empire.

But,

"Whom had you lost first, yourself, or me? I am ready to do what those elderly and virtuous people conversant with morality will definitely tell me."

She had roared like a lioness that day. But, he had his head hung low, fists clenched, his eyes, not being able to meet hers. He was silent.

Even today he had cursed his silence. But the next day after that outrageous dice game, when he had met her to see her bruised and her eyes swollen, she slightly smiled and had said,

"Your silence did pain me. But I knew what your intentions were. You didn't let the unity of you 5 brothers go down in that court. You stayed united. The pain I faced was overpowered with your unity!"

She was smiling, which brought a smile to him too.

His wives, each one a rare and special gem.

Ulupi, the brave snake princess, who brought his life back. She who sacrificed their son in the battle of Kurukshetra.

Chitrangada, the warrior princess of Manipura, who raised their son alone into a warrior equal to him. She who believed in their love.

Subhadra, the sweet Dwarka princess, whom he had fell in love at the first sight. She who nurtured their son so perfectly that he smiled at the moment of his death too.

And Draupadi! The one who is holding the family strong and the backbone of the entire family. She who bared everything and still smiled for everyone.

Many nights, he used to cry not sleeping a blink, guilty that he was the reason for everything, from Draupadi's disrobing to that day where he was standing now.

The great war happened, killed many people, his sons, his brothers, his nephews, his close friends, due to the dice game.
They had to remain in incognito for an year, because of the dice game.
They had to go to the exile, because of the dice game.

And that dreadful dice game was planned to break the unity between the pandavas, via Panchali.
The reason that she had to come in between all this was the 'joke' he had cracked that day when he won her in her Swayamvar.

His dearest friend, his Madhava and his entire family was cursed by Gandhari.

The root cause of each problem was  him again and again. And he was drowning in the guilt every moment he was living.

And now, he hoped that he would get relief from it and next day was the day he was waiting since long.

And he would finally get the liberation he needed. He would unite with his family in the heavens.

Foremost, he would meet Madhava!

This was the shot about Arjuna and his life. I have missed many things, but I would like that to be elaborated sometime later.

Hoping you all will like it. Please do share your review.

| Vote • Comment • Share • Follow |

Bhuvi

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro