(17) James Norrington - Party Insecurities

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Reader type: insecure!reader -- no pronouns are used

Relationship type: platonic or romantic

Summary: You are anxious about an upcoming party so James helps you.

++

As soon as you stepped out of the bathroom doubt crept into your mind.

I'm not pretty. I'm worthless. I'll never be good enough. I'm not the right shape. I'll never be correct. I'm worthless.

These thoughts made you falter as you walked down the stairs. James' eyebrows quirked upwards as he saw this.

'(Y/n). You look beautiful, now stop worrying and come and sit next to me. I can help you through this. Everything'll be okay.'

No. No he's just saying that. He's lying through his teeth. Everything is wrong.

His hands clasped yours as you sat down. His green eyes met yours; they were filled with compassion.

'Now. Stop those negative thoughts. You look beautiful; no-one is going to judge you for the way you talk or how you dress. Those things are just superficial. Besides, if they do I'm getting us the hell out of there; no excuses.'

You blinked and your eyes looked down at the upholstery.

Worthless. Not good enough.

James pulled your face towards his gently.

'Look. I'm not asking for this to be fixed in one night. All I'm asking is for you to try. And, besides there's always the code word we decided on; you need to leave and I'll be taking you away in a heartbeat.'

You nodded shakily, grasping his hands. The words had quietened down, and the insecurities had started to dissipate.

'Are you sure that you're all right, (Y/N)?'

More tentative nodding.

'Good. Now we wouldn't want to be late for the Turner-Swann wedding, now would we?'

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro