~28~

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

" Lucy, school's probably done by now. "Loki sighed, looking down at the blonde. She held tightly to the stair railing like she had ever since she had gotten ready to go to school that morning.
She had only made it down the stairs before stopping at the bottom, her legs weakened her down to sit on the last step. Her fingers curled around the railing, not wanting to go.
She must've been quite stiff after being in the same spot for some hours until school had finished before she could go.
"Lucy-"Loki was interrupted by the loud ringing from the doorbell.
" I'll take care of it. "Virgo spoke next to him, turning to answer the door. She slowly opened it to only a crack to show herself and nothing more.
" Loki here? "a familiar voice asked. Virgo twisted her body to look at the ginger butler as whoever the voice belonged to slipped half way in.
" Zeref, that was quick. "Loki said as Virgo let him fully in.
" You called and told me to be soon. "Zeref stated, holding his phone into the air. He brought it back down into his pocket of his ebony jeans as he glanced around, his eyes dropping to Lucy.
" She hasn't moved since this morning. "Loki informed." I thought, maybe she might listen to you. Or at least let go of the railing. "
" I don't know, maybe Natsu could. "Zeref stood, doubt upon the words he spoke. He kneeled down to Lucy, moving some of her hair to uncover her face, but he could barely see through the shadows to catch a glimpse of her expression." Lucy, you don't seem well. Wouldn't it be better to go back to your room and rest? "
" But I have school... And after I have dance lessons-" she swallowed, her voice was dry as it came out as an unwilling whisper." I've rested enough. "
" If that's so-"Zeref placed his pale hand on hers." Why are you holding on to the stairs so desperately? "
Lucy shook her head, her shoulders begining to shake as one hand unraveled itself to grasp onto Zeref's black long sleeved shirt, holding to the fabric of his sleeve by his bicep with a shaking hand.
" I-I don't want to go... Please don't make me go there..."she begged, already her words breaking.
" We just want to bring you to your room. Is there OK? "he asked. She sat silently for a bit before slowly nodding her head.
Loki sighed lightly, happy she was finally agreeing to go, but that was all ruined by the doorbell echoing again.
Lucy shot her hand away from Zeref, but he grabbed her pale hand before she could cling to the railing again." It was just the door bell, you're not going to be forced to go anywhere. You'll be alright. "he assured softly, glancing up at Virgo who just opened the door.
" They won't take me, right? "she asked softly, looking up at him. Her eyes were red from crying, still some fresh tears went down her red face as she looked up to him.
" That's correct-"he brought his other hand up and patted her head." And if they try, we won't let them. "
" We? Loki? "she averted her eyes up more to see Loki looking down at her.
" If anyone tries taking you anywhere you don't wish to go, I'll stop them. Same as Zeref and Virgo. "Loki assured.
" Princess' friends are here to see her. "Virgo interrupted with her bluntness.
" Not now. "Loki grumbled, messing up his hair as he walked past them to the door.
" Loki, afternoon! "Levy and Lisanna greeted as he opened the door slightly to the rowdy group of Lucy's childhood friends.
" Lucy's very ill at the moment-"
" I don't care if she is 'ill', we need to see her. "Natsu stated.
" We haven't heard from her, she refuses to answer our calls and won't allow us to see her. "Erza spoke, getting in front of Natsu before the cherry-top could do something rash." None of us think it's of her being sick. "
Loki glanced at them all. Natsu, Gray, Erza, Levy, Lisanna, Juvia, and Jellal (who was mostly there for Erza than Lucy). Each one had worried faces. He glanced back to the stairs. Zeref managed to get both of her hands off the stairs. She held onto Zeref's arms as she hunched down low, her fear visible by her shaking.
He sighed before looking back to the group." You won't like what you see, but please don't make any noises. Right now she startles easily. "he gave in, pushing open the door for them to see.
" Lu-"Lisanna slapped her hand over Levy's mouth. She had wanted to saying something to, but if Lucy was going to become frightened, she'd rather not.
They all stared as Zeref kept reassuring her, comforting her.
" Are you ready to stand up yet? "he asked. Lucy shook her head and he nodded." Go at your own pace, no one's forcing you. "
Jellal glanced to Loki before leaning over." What happened exactly? "he asked.
Loki shook his head." I'm not sure. She got ready to leave for school like always, but then she grabbed onto the stair railing and hadn't let go all day until now. "he stated in a low voice." Over the weekend it's been difficult with her, I thought today might be better, but I guess I was wrong. "
" How was Lucy over the weekend? "Juvia asked softly.
Loki kept glimpsing at Lucy and back at them. Not sure what he could say and what he couldn't.
" Princess was fine until Master Natsu left. During the days afterwards Princess hasn't had much strength to do much and she'd been having a high fever. "Virgo stepped to them, speaking for Loki." This morning it had gone down, but it may have returned. But we are still waiting on Miss Aries to return. "
" But why is my brother here? "Natsu asked.
" She wouldn't let go... We tried to get her to, I thought maybe Zeref could try and convince her to, so I called him. "Loki admitted.

" Are you ready now? "Zeref asked, ignoring the stares and the talking over by the door.
" Where's Loki? And Virgo? "she asked.
" Loki and Virgo are talking to our friends. They came to see you. "he stated.
" Have them leave. "she said quickly.
" Lucy, they're just worried and would do anything to help you. You've avoided them all weekend. "Zeref defended.
She tightened her grip to his sleeves." I can stand now. "she said. Zeref slowly got to his feet, pulling her up by her arms as she held to his. She was light so he tried not to bring her up to fast. She leaned onto him as he turned towards the stairs.
" My legs. "she hung her head as she was, staring down to her stiff legs that refused to move after standing.
" Do you need me to carry you? "he asked. She shook her head, forcing her leg to take a step forward. But ended up falling in Zeref." I'll carry you then. "

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro