12 || THE PROMISE

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Tom

Her words still lingered on my mind, suffocating every part of me. I couldn't get her out of my mind. The way she looked at me like I was just a monster; it was hurtful.

"Maybe you need to stop coming here with me. You'll just scare people."

Her words rang painfully on my mind again and again. I never thought that she would think about me like that. It definitely wasn't my intention to scare the woman.

But maybe she was right, I need to stop following her anywhere she goes. I wasn't her friend anymore, I was a ghost. I was a different person- I was not even a person.

Now I was walking down the street without people seeing me. Unfortunately, my invinsible self has brought a boy to bumped into me and fell on the ground. My eyes widen and I wanted to help him but then I realized that I couldn't.

People were talking to each other on how the boy could fall even there was no people in that bumped into him. I felt bad for him but just kept walking, careful not to let people fall because of me again.

As soon as I walked pass a café, I spotted Y/N sat there by herself. Then a man came and sat across her, but not before kissing her cheek first.

Sebastian.

That name made my ghost heart clenched. I curled my hands in fists, watching as Y/N smiled from ear to ear at him. Jealousy and rage bubbled in my chest.

"No, Tom. This is wrong."

I said to myself, more to chase away the pain that started to grow. I walked away and ignored them. She was happy with him, maybe she didn't even think about what she just said to me. How hurt I was right now.

My feet stopped walking as I arrived at the park. It was not just a park, it was the park that I used to go with Y/N. When we were kids, we met here for the first time.

Poor Y/N fell on the ground because a mean boy pushed her. I saw that happened and quickly helped her. I was five years older than her, but it didn't stop us from being friends.

Then we became best friends until we were adults. There was no secret between us, we told each other everything. But now, I have a big secret that I couldn't tell her.

I didn't know how I wanted to express my feelings towards her. I mean- she was my best friend, and she was seeing someone else. Should I tell her or keep it to myself?

"She doesn't need you anymore, Tom."

I mumbled under my breathe as I remembered what just happened. Did she really hate me or what?

"But I love her."

My feelings battled in my heart and I was screaming mentally. Why would I love her now when I was just a ghost? I shouldn't have this feeling. It was impossible.

"They're my world, Tom."

I pulled her into my arms and let her cried against my chest. I knew what she was feeling, because I've been through the same with my parents few years ago.
"Now I'm alone."

I wiped her tears away and shook my head. I cupped her face to force her to look at me. She didn't push me away.

"You'll always have me by your side, Y/N. I will never leave you."

I promised her, a soft smile creeped on my face. She looked down and blinked more tears down her face. She just lost her parents, and we were back from their funeral. It must be so hard for this sweet girl to go through all of these painful moments.

"Y/N, I don't know if this will makes you feel better but you know that I lost my parents years ago. I've no one except you, Y/N. And I'm strong right now because of you."

When I said that, she slowly looked up at me with red and puffy eyes. I wrapped my arms around her securely and she rested her head on my chest.

"I'm not as strong as you, Tom. You know that I can get hurt easily-"

"You can do this, Y/N."

I cut her words and kissed the top of her head lovingly. It hurt me to know that I couldn't take the sorrow away from her. I wished I could.

"You're my Y/N. I trust you. You can go through this life and get a happy ending like you've always wanted. I'll be with you, I promise."

I sealed my promise with a forehead kiss that brought a sad smile on her face. I knew she was a strong girl, even if she didn't believe in herself.

I promised her that I would stay by her side, by I broke it. She blamed herself for my death and I knew it broke her the most when I was gone. She was alone and I wasn't there to comfort her and tell her that it was alright.

I wondered how she went through the three years. And it made my heart ache to know that I was back here because of she needed me so much.

I shut my eyes tightly and sighed. I've been thinking too much and I was exhausted. I found no point in coming back to this world now. She got Sebastian, so did she need me anymore?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro