Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"'assume' makes an ass out of 'u' & 'me'—"

"Wait! Don't jump!" A loud voice screamed, startling Migyung and she felt her heart leaping out of her throat as her body slipped down the bar.

Her arms flailed around her, wanting to hold onto something, anything. The cigarette slipped through her fingers, dropping in the cold water below, her eyes widening as her hand tried to hold on but her sweaty palms didn't allow it. Before she could think of anything more, her body took action, making her close her eyes and wait for the fall.

However, that didn't happen. She didn't fall.

Somehow, the stranger who was the reason for her wildly beating heart, caught her coat and pulled her backwards. Migyung gasped loudly when she fell backwards, on top of a male body.

Placing a hand on her chest, she felt it rise up and down rapidly, her breath coming out in short gasps. The situation brought the memories back from three years ago.

A drunk Mijung, her demands the crying and then...the fall.

Migyung didn't even know she was shaking until the man made her sit up and wrapped her in his thick jacket. "Miss, are you okay?" she heard, his voice sounding sluggish to her shocked brain. Gulping, she looked at the man looking down at her in concern, his hands rubbing hers to bring back some heat.

Not answering his question, she pulled her hands away, raising her left hand. The man's head swung to right as her hand landed on his face in a tight slap. The adrenaline had finally started leaving her body replacing it with fiery anger.

"Are you out of your fucking mind?" she shouted at him, not getting up from the ground. The man turned to look at her with equally livid expressions. She could have felt bad for the way his cheek became bright red and how he gently cupped his face but she was still very angry.

"I could have died today because of you," she continued in a loud voice. "Who the hell goes around screaming at a person committing suicide? And who the fuck told you I was going to jump? Can't a woman even enjoy smoking peacefully? You startled me so bad, I was going to fall!"

The man sat back on his heels, the anger leaving him and making him feel extremely stupid. Scowling at his blank face, Migyung decided to scoot back till her back touched the railings. To calm her shaking, she pulled out another cigarette but was unable to light it since her hands were still shaking.

She sighed in frustration, looking at the man still sitting on his haunches. "Hey!" she called him, throwing her lighter at him when he looked up. He caught it clumsily, looking at her cluelessly as she brought her cigarette closer.

"Light it up for me. My hands won't stop shaking." The look on the man's face told her he wanted to say something but decided against it, seeing how she was still scowling at him. So, he lit up her cigarette, returning the lighter soon.

Hoseok watched the woman lean her head back as she took a puff of smoke, running a hand down on her pale face. A guilty feeling settled in the pit of his stomach watching the woman suffer this way because of him. Rubbing his stinging cheek, he decided to end this with an apology.

"I'm sorry for assuming things," he said but the woman kept her eyes closed. "I didn't mean to startle you. I just thought the worst and you can't really blame me. It really looked like you were about to jump, so I just did—"

"Shut up," she cut him off softly, finally opening her eyes to look at him. "I understand you had good intentions at heart, just your execution wasn't right. I could have died, you know? Anyways, sorry for that," she said, pointing at his cheek before looking away.

Hoseok chuckled, touching his face. "Ah, this? No need to apologise, I deserved it. I'm really sorry, miss." Giving him a tight smile, the woman nodded and went back to smoking.

They sat like that for a very uncomfortable moment. Hoseok staring at her and Migyung avoiding his gaze. But Migyung wasn't the one that could really handle such situations, so she decided to break the silence.

"Want a smoke?" she asked, offering her cigarette but the man shook his head, his pretty lips forming a heart shaped smile. "No, I'm okay. I don't smoke."

She nodded in understanding. "Then why are you staring at me?"  The man shrugged, deciding to sit cross legged on the footpath. "Just making sure you are alright after the scare I gave you. Also, you look a little familiar but I don't remember ever meeting you."

Migyung hummed thoughtfully as she looked around herself. "I have never met you before tonight either. I think the reason I look familiar is because of that," she said, pointing a finger at an incoming bus.

Hoseok squinted his eyes as he looked at a poster stuck to it. It was an advertisement by a ballet institute with a girl on it. The bus passed them quickly, leaving a wide eyed Hoseok and his nonchalantly sitting companion.

"Wow, was that you? Did I get slapped by a celebrity?" he asked with his mouth open wide with awe and shock. Migyung couldn't help but giggle at his funny expressions.

"No, that wasn't me," she answered. "That is my twin sister. The institute is set for an annual event and my sister, Kim Mijung is the main focus since she is the prima."

"Oh," he nodded connecting the dots now. "Do you dance too?" he asked next, which made him feel a little bad seeing how her smile fell. "I used to," she told him, lifting her black skirt a little to reveal a big, ugly scar on her right knee. "I got into an accident three years ago. I haven't been able to dance since then," she explained, the lie rolling of her tongue smoothly as she let her skirt fall back at its place.

"I'm so sorry," Hoseok now said, catching her hand in his comfortingly. "I can't even imagine how hard it must be for you to not be able to dance anymore. I'm really sorry, Miss Kim."

She tilted her head, giving him a bright smile. "My name is Migyung and thank you for that even though it isn't your fault I can't dance anymore. It was just an accident." She got up then, handing him his jacket back as he looked up at her curiously.

"I should get going now. Don't scream at anyone else like that. The next person might actually kill you." The two shared a laugh as Hoseok got up as well. "Let me drop you off," he offered, making her turn around. "It's really late, Miss Migyung."

"I know," she replied with the same smile from before. "I'll be okay, don't worry. I never get in trouble but you might get into some. The reporters would have some real fun if they saw J-Hope of BTS dropping off a former ballerina home." With a wink, Migyung left a gawking Hoseok behind.

A/N:

Early update!!
I wasn't going to update so early but then I had this chapter already written and I'm a really impatient person when it comes to my books, so...

Also, I entered this book in an award and for that I might just update a few more chapters early.

I hope you like this chapter.

Thank you for reading 💜💜

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro