14. Rest

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

1002 Words excluding (A/N)~ I don't own Magic Kaito~ If I did, Kaito would have really messed things up for Shinichi by dressing up as him then being broadcasted on live television... which means movies aren't canon~

When they arrived at the Hakuba manor, Saguru noted that Kaito was still asleep. He contemplated waking him up, but decided that the teen would be better off staying asleep.

'Kuroba has slept a lot lately, I wonder if it's because of his recent change or if it will be permanent'

He figured that it was more likely due to suddenly growing wings, it had to of used up his energy. "Baaya, I'm going to take Kuroba to one of the guest rooms near my own" The blond stated quietly as he scooped Kaito up and shifted him onto his back.

"Oh dear, but you'd have to climb the stairs with Kuroba-kun, is he not too heavy?" Baaya asked, opening the front door for him. She had noted how scrawny Kaito was but still figured that he weighed a good amount.

"No it's fine Baaya, Kuroba seems to weigh a lot less than expected" Saguru gave her a reassuring smile. "I think his bones are hollow like those of a bird" He added as he removed his own shoes, Baaya swiftly slipping off Kaito's.

'I just hope that they are not as fragile, his wings obviously seem to be, but I hope that his base skeletal structure is at least sturdier than them...'

He inwardly cringed as he headed up the stairs, imagining how easy Kaito could become seriously hurt if his bones were indeed as fragile as his wings. One mop swipe from Aoko would cripple him, one wrong tumble would do the same.

"I assume that some non invasive tests will be done with Kuroba-kun's consent?" Baaya questioned, following Saguru up the stairs, she had swiftly grabbed a first aid kit from the entrance. There were multiple kits throughout the house due to Saguru being a detective.

"Indeed, Kuroba was wary at the first mention of tests, but I told him that they were to be non invasive. One of his biggest fears right now is becoming a lab experiment" Saguru stated as they reached the top of the stairs, he didn't envy Kaito's position.

'It's a very valid fear, there are a lot of people who wouldn't see Kuroba as a person, instead he'd just be a new thing to learn about'

"Its a good thing that summer break is starting, that way Kuroba-kun's disappearance won't be noticed as much" Saguru blinked at Baaya's words, he had completely forgotten about summer break.

"We are indeed lucky for that fact, Kuroba can call Nakamori-san and tell her he's travelling" The blond replied as he entered the guest room beside his own room, thankfully it had been recently cleaned by Baaya.

Saguru gently deposited the brunette onto the bed, at first he was going to lay him on his stomach, but decided that he needed to tend to the new injuries first.

'I think the main source of his pain was due to how his wings were bound, he seemed okay in the car'

"Young master, why don't you let me tend to your injuries and then you go sleep" Baaya stated softly as she sat the teen on the bed and opened the first aid kit. "I'll tend to Kuroba-kun's hands properly while you rest, it looks as if you haven't slept in a while" Saguru opened his mouth to object before closing it in defeat. He could never beat Baaya in an argument, especially when it concerned his health.

"Thank you Baaya" Saguru replied, pulling up his pant legs to reveal his scrapes. He was looking forward to the rest.

When Kaito awoke, the first thing he noted was that he didn't exactly recognize the room, but the furniture style seemed familiar. After a few moments of thought and remembering, he concluded that he was in one of the guest rooms in Saguru's house.

'My back doesn't hurt as much...'

He slowly sat up and glanced back at his wings, they were swathed in bandages and splinted. Kaito didn't know what to think of this, there wasn't a real reason for them to be tended to since he was going to find a way to get rid of them.

'Stupid magical gem...'

The magician scowled, he didn't like magic, most of his experiences with it were directed towards him with malicious intent.

'Wait magic, Akako!'

He felt a very faint hope grow in him at the thought of the class witch, it wasn't a lot of hope though. Kaito was somewhat afraid of what the red witch would ask for in return for her services.

'I refuse to give her my heart'

With the new potential in mind, he slid out of the bed, taking note of the change of clothes on the dresser beside the bed. With a flick of his wrist, he was out of his pyjamas and was instead wearing a grey button up t-shirt and black slacks. The magician raised a brow at how he hadn't noticed that Saguru had cut the back of his pyjamas into a low dip to allow his wings to fit, the same had been done with his current shirt.

'I guess I'm stuck with button ups until everything is fixed. I doubt Hakuba would allow me to bind my wings and I can't fit a normal shirt over them'

Now dressed and feeling much cleaner, Kaito silently made his way down the stairs, he knew the layout from previous illegal visits as Kaitou Kid.

When Kaito glanced into the kitchen he spotted Saguru eating some pancakes at the table. A mischievous grin crossed over his face as he silently snuck up behind the blond. "Hey Hakuba!" He chirped, suppressing a laugh when said person jumped.

"Kuroba" Saguru sighed, calming his nerves. He had expected Kaito to still be asleep for a while. His gaze glanced over the other and he was relieved to see that Kaito's skin tone was almost back to normal. "You seem well rested" He noted with a small smile.

Me: this is the end of the chappy~ hope you enjoyed~ there's so much to write still... Have you ever read the manga Black Cat? It's really amazing~

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro