24. Choices

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

1006 Words excluding (A/N)~ I don't own Magic Kaito~ If I did, I'd be so happy~

!!!!!!!
If you are reading this outside of WATTPAD,
FanFiction.Net.net or Archive of Our Own... You are reading plagiarized content. If you are reading on Truyenfun.com, that site is a mirror site of WATTPAD and may give you viruses and MALWARE
(I hope you get malware Truyenfun.com readers it doesn't have my permission to post all of my works)

Note: WATTPAD has most up to date version of this story
!!!!!!!!

Well it's 12.03am here, thus Thursday.... Gah fire trucks, and ambulances... Not a nice way to wake up... *posts this then tries to sleep*

"Kaito..." The blond whispered softly, running his fingers along the magician's wrist, continuously checking his pulse. The blond had some medical knowledge, but he was by no means a real doctor. Kaito's fever was running dangerously high and showed no indication of breaking. After six hours he had ended up hooking the magician up to a saline IV with added nutrients.

'I don't know what to do... Kaito needs a doctor'

Kaito had already had a small seizure from overheating. The episode had almost sent Saguru himself into cardiac arrest, Baaya was constantly busing herself with filling up both the food freezer and medical freezer with water, cranking down the temperature lower than usual. It was okay if the food became freezer burnt if it meant ice was made that much quicker.

'He's going to die if he doesn't see a doctor'

Tears fell freely down his face as he clasped the unconscious magician's hand, he didn't want to lose his new friend. "Young master, both freezers are full, I disposed of all of the food contents except some hamburger for tonight's meal, I placed that in the fridge" Baaya stated softly.

"Baaya..." The blond turned his head to face her, not letting go of Kaito's hand. "What should I do?" He cried.

'I made a promise to help him, but I don't know how to keep it'

"Oh Saguru" Baaya cooed, crouching down to hug her young ward, she sometimes forgot that he was still young due to his intelligence. "He needs proper medical help" She whispered, carding her fingers through his hair.

"What if the doctor doesn't keep their mouth shut?" The blond's shoulders trembled. "What if they tell everyone about 'The boy who has wings'?" He choked out, remembering the pure terror that had been in Kaito's eyes.

'I'd have basically betrayed him after promising that I wouldn't'

"He's dying, his temperature will kill him if he doesn't get help" Baaya replied gently, pulling back to gaze into tear filled golden eyes. "Even if it doesn't work out well, Kaito would forgive you for being terrified of losing him. He's a sweet boy"

Saguru shook his head. "I wouldn't care if he forgave me..." He paused. "It's just that some things are not worth being alive for" He let out a shudder as he continued. "What if he ends up as an experiment? I know he'd rather be dead than have that happen... But I—"

"You would rather have him alive and well" She cut off his words, having known what he wanted to portray.

'What I want shouldn't matter... It's what Kaito wants that's important'

"I wish he'd wake up for just a second, I don't want to take away his choices from him" The blond sighed, remembering how his parents had always chosen what was right for him up until he moved to Japan. He knew what it was like to have large life decisions made for you without permission.

"We could hire a private doctor" Baaya started, holding up a finger when Saguru opened his mouth to respond. "We could hire Dr. Kalos, we've known him for years now and he's never given the press any information about you" She paused. "We could offer him an additional hundred thousand dollars as hush money and agree to give him ten thousand for every month he stays silent as a precaution. He's a good doctor and very reliable, the money would just be an extra boon for him"

'I remember him, he was always extremely discreet when it came to personal and political problems. He was also very kind to me whenever I saw him'

"I—" Saguru glanced towards Kaito and lowered his head. "One hour, if Kaito's condition worsens or if Kaito doesn't wake up to tell me what he wants, you may call him" Saguru agreed.

'Please let this be the right choice'

Kaito didn't wake up, nor did he get better, instead he seemed to take a turn for the worse. Two more small seizures and an hour later Saguru's nerves were shot. He'd been quick enough to remove the IV before it caused too much damage during the second seizure, but during the third, his vein had been damaged resulting in a very panicked Saguru patching him up. The fact that his pulse was weak helped reduce the amount of blood loss.

Baaya had called the doctor and had headed upstairs to wait for his arrival, Saguru didn't dare leave Kaito alone.

'I'm sorry Kaito, I've waited as long as I could'

After a few hours of waiting for Dr.Kalos to arrive, the blond had begun to drift off.

"Oh my..." Saguru shot awake at the unexpected voice, whirling around so that he was standing between the door and Kaito. He blinked numbly when he recognized Dr.Kalos. He had short black hair, and brown eyes framed with black glasses. He was dressed in his usual medical wear.

"Dr.Kalos, please save him" The blond pleaded as he stepped out of the doctor's way to allow him to asses the magician.

"I'll do my best" The doctor replied as he briskly began to take Kaito's vitals, seeming to ignore the wings in favour of the fever. "It's not often I hear that you have a friend Saguru" He added as he read the clipboard that Saguru handed to him, taking note of the medications in Kaito's system.

'Straight to work as I remembered, I just hope that he can help'

"Thank you" The blond whispered as he took a seat in the far back corner, not wanting to get in the way, but also not wanting to leave Kaito alone with Dr.Kalos.

'I pray that Dr.Kalos is trustworthy, I've known him for years and he's always come across as a good person... Once Kaito is stable and stays stable we need to change locations, just in case. If anyone comes looking and finds no evidence, Dr.Kalos would be discredited, especially since the existence of a winged person is highly unbelievable...'

Me: That's the end of the chappy~ will Hakuba's decision come back to haunt them? Or will it be okay? Will the high fever cause some damage to Kaito's brain? Or will The the knowledge of a doctor cause Kaito to relapse do to stress?

^~^ hope you enjoyed~

Has this ever happened to you?

*wavering on edge of sleep*

*cat heaving noises made*

*adrenalin rushing as you bolt up to make sure cat is not on your bed*

*cat unfound so you go back to sleep, thinking to clean up in morning*

*steps in cat puke when half asleep as you head for food?*

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro