Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

1040 Words excluding (A/N)~ Berry does not own DC/MK~

This story has passed 200 pages in google docs! yay~

Written August 9 2019
Posted October 26 2019

"I'll look for some meat as well" At Saguru's raised brow the magician shrugged. "Out here I know that the animal will be killed as humanely as possible... I'm a vegetarian mainly because I don't want to support slaughter houses" He blushed "Meat is very tasty, but frequently inspecting places is time consuming, also buying my own animals to eat is expensive and hard" He added.

'It makes sense, Kaito isn't the kind of person to completely deny a food source without reason'

Saguru smiled "Very well, that actually puts me more at ease since I know you won't be missing as many vital proteins and nutrients as you would be if you'd completely shunned meat" He replied.

"I'll mainly focus on finding plants though since it would be a waste if we both caught enough meat to feed us both, but if I see an easy catch I'll nab it" Kaito replied before running off into the woods.

'I'll probably be the one cleaning the animals since I doubt Kaito would be as fine with it as I am'

The detective couldn't really easily visualize Kaito stripping the meat from the animals, the magician was much too soft for that when Saguru himself was fully capable of doing it all alone.

"It's been so long since I've eaten meat!" Kaito gushed as he munched on his skewer, which was surprisingly filled mostly with meat chunks. As he'd thought, Saguru had cleaned and separated the rabbit and squirrel while Kaito started on the fire. The magician had cooked everything in return.

He'd caught the rabbit and had collected some berries and clovers while Kaito had caught the squirrel and had collected some chestnuts, shiitake mushrooms, grass, and berries.

"Maybe I could call up some of my acquaintances to occasionally send me some of their meat? I know that they care for their animals" The blond suggested, remembering that he'd helped out some small farmers during a few of his cases.

'It's quite handy that I make plenty of acquaintances from solving cases'

"Oh! That would be nice... I miss bacon" Kaito smiled as he leaned over to rotate the skewered shiitake mushrooms, they were being steamed by the boiling pot which contained the grass, clovers, and chestnuts.

"Does boiled grass even taste good?" Saguru inquired, he'd heard of people eating grass, but he'd never actually willing done so. The only grass he'd ever eaten was when someone had shoved it in his mouth after the lawn had been cut. Children could be really mean at times.

Kaito smiled "I'm not sure about boiled grass, but grass soup can taste good if done right" He leaned in to sniff the planty concoction "I don't have spices on me, but at least it's highly unlikely to have any pesticide on it. Plus I've thrown in the berries so at the very least it'll be interesting"

'I don't think berries are supposed to be boiled... But I guess since it's soup, it's okay if they disintegrate?'

Golden eyes narrowed in suspicion "You better not end up poisoning us"

The magician smirked "If that was my intention I would have already done so with the meat" He shrugged, letting his wings take form "I guess we're both going to die of food poisoning" Kaito snickered, letting his wings fan out across the ground. Lately he'd realized that he actually felt more comfortable when his wings weren't hidden, when they were hidden, he had the feeling that something was missing.

"It tastes... Interesting..." The blond stated as he squinted at his bowl of soup, the magician rolled his eyes.

"Liar" Kaito grinned "It tastes horrible... I guess I really do need the proper spices to make grass not taste like" He paused, scratching his cheek sheepishly "Well like grass" He finished with a small snicker.

'At least the meat and shiitake mushrooms were very filling'

"It was interesting to try at the very least" Saguru offered, as he began to clear up their cooking area, they'd actually cooked their food about 300 meters away from their actual sleeping site. They didn't want any unexpected visitors during the night.

"Yup, trespassing, hunting illegally, and collecting natural resources without permission is definitely interesting" Kaito stated, Saguru just ignored him. It wasn't like they could have Kaito practice flying in an area where people were allowed to traverse, the chance of him being spotted would then be exponentially higher.

'If it's to keep Kaito safe, it's okay to break some laws as long as we're not hurting anybody...'

"Oh sod off!" Saguru huffed when Kaito sprinkled some grass over his head.

"Sure!" Kaito gave a full on Kid grin "You can clean up, I'll just go hop off that cliff over there" He laughed before jogging over towards the 50 foot drop, he'd picked this area because it had both a river and a steep cliff.

"Wait!" The blond scrambled to his feet, throwing water over the fire before running after Kaito "At least learn how to fly before you go about throwing yourself off of cliffs!" He hollered.

'Is he utterly insane?!... Wait... Of course he is!'

Kaito stopped at the edge "But this way seems more fun" He smiled, peeking over the edge to look at the really tall trees, absently wondering how old they had to be to reach those heights. He turned around to face the blond "Plus this is how I learned how to use my hang glider"

"You jumped off a cliff?!?" Saguru gasped in horror.

Kaito shook his head "No, I jumped off of a 70 floor story building with the police chasing after me" He replied with a smirk, neglecting to mention how he'd almost become a red smear on the ground, it was an unnecessary detail that would only hurt his case.

'How has he even survived this long?!?'

"Kaito, just please don't jump off that cliff, can't you go find a less lethal cliff to jump off of?" Saguru sighed.

Indigos narrowed in thought for a few moments before the brunette shook his head. "Nah! This way is more fun!" He snickered before hopping off of the cliff, Saguru had lunged for him but he'd been too slow.

Me: Of course Kaito jumps off the cliff XD it's the natural thing to do...

Poor Hakuba~ having to deal with Kaito's suicidal (If he was anyone but Kaito) antics~ and berry has once eaten good grass soup~

Berry doesn't understand the rankings in wattpad XD one day it high, then low, then high and blah blah it's always shifting and impossible to keep track XD

But the weirdest thing is... This was once ranked for the BobTheBuilder tag XD

and berry certainly did not add that tag XD

And more importantly... that's actually a tag?!?!

Tags unreliable with rankings~

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro