83. Eighty Three

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

1014 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written November 30 2019
Posted January 20 2020

Ginzo let out a tired sigh, he was sitting in one of the multiple rooms within the hideout. He'd left his daughter with her girlfriend, wanting some time alone to think. Honestly, he felt shaken seeing Kaito like that, the boy was one of the strongest people that he knew. So to have seen Kaito so damn fearful, it chilled him to even think about what had been done to him. Then there were the scars.

'Kaito-Kun has so many scars now... He's more marked up than most people on the force...'

He'd noted them when he'd first arrived in this weird place, Kaito had been laying unconscious on the hospital bed. There'd been the obvious scars that had reminded him of biology class, then there had been the others, the scars that didn't look like they'd been created surgically. Jagged patches of scars had littered the magician's torso, as if he'd been cut by something other than a knife. The bullet wounds were the most concerning though, he highly doubted that a scientist would shoot their subject without the intention of killing. That meant that those scars were from before

The inspector swallowed, suddenly feeling ill as he closed his eyes, leaning his head back against the wall. He really couldn't deny it anymore, he'd tried so damn hard to ignore the signs, not wanting to believe the truth. Kaito was Kid, which explained so much. So many things were starting to make sense about the crazy teen now. He let out a weary breath, he didn't want to arrest him, he didn't even want to acknowledge the fact that he knew.

'Kaito-kun is family, I just didn't want to see it..'.

After meeting Shinichi and learning of his connection to Kaito, he'd realized exactly what the last heist had been about. It had been about making sure that connections couldn't be drawn between Kaito and Kid. His gaze narrowed, if both Saguru and Shinichi were on Kaito's side, then the magician was probably doing more good than what he'd initially thought. He couldn't arrest him, even if he had wanted too, which he didn't.

'He isn't the kind of person for malicious intent to be figured into his motive...

Akako smiled softly as she glanced down at Aoko, her girlfriend had fallen asleep in her arms, and for once she looked as if it was a peaceful sleep. She'd yet to greet the magician, but she'd at least visited him while he'd been unconscious. Akako had known the exact moment that the magician had awoken, mainly by the frantic emotions that he'd exuded. It had been hard, refraining from going to him, but Lucifer had advised her that too many people would be too overwhelming for Kaito to handle.

'Kuroba had been so fragile... But his soul seems to be at more ease than before'

She gently combed her fingers through Aoko's hair, she'd visit once the other had awoken. She knew that the trickster was safe, and felt no urgency from him. Her gaze softened, she didn't really have the heart to wake Aoko up from the best sleep the other has had since Kaito's kidnapping. That, and Aoko just looked so cute right now.

Shinichi grimaced, looking down at his phone. He had so many missed calls, even one from Ran, who hasn't even spoken to him after learning about Conan. He bit his lip, the take down hadn't exactly been that stealthy once it had reached the chasing portion of the plan. The few from Heiji were probably caused by the Osakan being annoyed that he hadn't been involved, so it was safe to ignore those. He didn't really want to talk to his parents right now, so that left Ran.

'Why has she called me now? I thought that she hated me...'

Saguru glanced towards the door when he heard a knock, he'd been resting on a separate cot than the magician. It had really surprised him when the magician had fallen asleep so easily, but he'd heeded Kaito's previous wish and had moved away from him. He really would have rather cuddled him, but he understood Kaito's concerns when it came to being touched in his sleep "Come in!" He called softly, surprised when Kaito didn't so much as twitch at the sound.

'He's been sleeping an awful lot... I hope it's just a side effect of whatever's in his system...'

The door opened to reveal Shinichi, the sleuth was holding a tray that had some sandwiches and some other foods. Azure eyes swiftly took note that the magician was once again sleeping "I wasn't sure if an unfamiliar face would be good for him yet" He explained as he set the tray down "I also couldn't locate any of the others" That, and he'd decided that he'd let the magician stay in his own somewhat isolated bubble for as long as the other wanted. He knew that Aoko could be loud and that Akako would probably visit when she felt that the magician was up for it. It was unfortunately not the first time that he's met the red witch.

Saguru nodded "I appreciate it" The sleuth was a lot more caring and conscientious than the media made him out to be, it made him wonder about the other's disappearance. He noticed that there were two meals, one consisted of the sandwiches and some rice, while the other was a shake of sorts with a small bowl of chocolate pudding on the side "So Kaito isn't good for solids?" He inquired, though it sort of made sense. Liquids would have been easiest to feed a drugged up magician. Kaito probably hadn't had any solid food since he'd been captured. 

'At least the pudding will raise his spirits'

"Kuroba was fed a mixture of nutrients and given an IV as well according to his files" He was thankful that the magician had at least been kept healthy. One could only live on just an IV for so long, the liquids had contained fats, proteins, and carbs as well as other essential substances.

Me: It's been so long since I've worked on this according to time stamps~

Berry loves stockpiling chapters ^~^

Hope you enjoyed~

What is your favourite fruit? Berry can't choose between strawberries and blueberries >~<

Least fav that I've tried is pears, the texture is just... I can't deal with them •3•

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro