30 | Late

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

EVERYONE, i have something to say.

please don't make fun of the name Lee. i know it's a korean surname, i know how it's pronounced, and i know that some of you didn't know that it's an actual first name.

it's not nice to make fun of names in an unironic/unfriendly way—so please, don't ever make fun of names, no matter how hard they might be to pronounce, no matter what they sound like. names mean a lot to please do please be respectful of them.

you might find certain things cringy or embarrassing but again, that's subjective. please don't hate on people if they do that, UNLESS IT'S OFFENSIVE, and don't make fun of them for it. that's all.

now let's get on with this chapter which will probably give you trust issues lol. rush readers where y'all at?

|

You turned around slowly, eyes wide and fearful as you faced the person behind you. Praying that it wasn't Taehyung, you but your lip and straightened.

Your eyes almost popped out of your head.

"What are you doing here?" Jungkook asked, a confused look on his face. "This place isn't your type...unless you wanted somewhere private to go."

You blushed at the implication in his words, but shook your head in relief. "I was looking for Taehyung."

"Ah." The boy's face immediately turned sour. "He's probably out there practicing being a bitch. No offence."

"None taken," you replied, but the way he spoke confused you. "Aren't you supposed to be friends?"

"Yeah, sorry about that." He chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. "I'm not the playboys' biggest fan."

You frowned, confused. Taehyung was supposed to be a playboy? Well, that was what Jimin had told you, but you weren't going to just blindly believe everyone you met without solid proof. "But aren't you—"

"A playboy? No." Jungkook shook his head firmly. "I'm a fuckboy. There's a difference."

Now further confused, you nodded awkwardly. "But you don't like them...?"

"That's an understatement," he said, face blank. "I hate them."

"Oh." You suddenly felt even more awkward. "I thought you guys were supposed to be friends."

"Well, Namjoon tells me to be civil with them as Jimin and Taehyung are supposedly close," Jungkook raised his eyebrows, as if he didn't agree with the idea. "So I have to."

"Oh."

"Oh, no, I don't have any prejudices against you, if that's what you're thinking." He laughed. "In fact, I think you're pretty cool...if it wasn't for Taehyung, I think I would call our interests pretty similar."

"What?"

"What are you two doing here?"

The both of you turned around to find Taehyung walking towards you, a perfect eyebrow raised. Nerves suddenly attacked you as you watched Jungkook's lips lift into a sneer at his entrance.

"Your girlfriend was looking for you," Jungkook spat, sounding extremely contemptuous of the boy in front of you. "So I hope you weren't fucking around."

At his words, you recoiled, as if slapped. You didn't care what Jungkook said to Taehyung when the two of them were together alone, but it was still hurtful to see everyone think of you as nothing apart from Taehyung's temporary girlfriend. Was that what everyone thought of you?

Jungkook either had no tact, or he simply didn't care about your feelings. Well, that was understandable. The two of you weren't exactly friends.

Taehyung regarded the boy with a cold stare, the intensity of which made you step back in surprise. "I'm not like you, so no need to assert that." He turned to you, plastering a smile on his face. "I think we should leave."

Scoffing slightly, you nodded.

"You can leave." His face turned dark again as he fixed another glare on Jungkook.

The tension in the air was high, and you couldn't help but feel at attention. Your eyes went to Jungkook's balled up fists, and the veins popping in his neck, and then to Taehyung. He looked calm, but his fingers were clenched around the sheets and his jaw was set. The tension was something more...

It was more than just a difference of opinions. There had to be deep-rooted issues between them, but you didn't know what they were, and you weren't going to ask either of them about it.

Your brows jumped, and your eyes flickered between them. Mentally praising yourself for being a good situation reader—at least this once—you regarded the younger brunette carefully. Was this why he was trying to put you off?

You decided no. Jungkook...he wasn't like that.

All you could do was try to diffuse the situation before it built into something you did not want to be caught in the middle of.

"Taehyung?" You raised your eyebrows at your boyfriend. "I have a lot of work to finish, so if you want to hang out, we both have to get back soon."

"Yeah, I'd rather not breathe playboy tainted air," Jungkook said with a snarl as he stepped around the corner, but turned to give you a warning look. "You can do so much better, Y/N," he muttered before disappearing.

Taehyung rolled his eyes at him as he wrapped an arm around your waist and pulled you closer. "I hope he hasn't been filling your brain with bullshit."

"I don't know what goes on between you and your supposed friends, but please don't drag me into it next time," you said instead, sighing as you watched the place Jungkook had just been at wearily. "And please, Taehyung, don't be so secretive."

"I'm not being secretive, it's just him making you think that," he said, wiping his forehead. As your mouth curled downwards, he frowned, lightly touching the crest of your cheek. "You trust me, right?"

That's the thing, Tae, you thought, closing your eyes. I don't know who to trust anymore.

||

Or maybe I do, but I'm just not ready to trust my own decisions yet.

Your head rested in Jimin's lap as you popped anither kernel of popcorn into your mouth. The boy's arm was lazily draped across your stomach, tracing patterns onto your skin.

"Why is he so late?" you muttered, glancing at the clock again. "He said he'd be here by ten."

Jimin clenched his jaw. He had a pretty good theory about why Taehyung was an hour late, but he didn't know for sure if you would accept it. "I don't know." He tried to laugh it out, all casual. "Maybe fucking some girl."

It didn't go unnoticed by him as your body tensed up, lips pursing immediately. He could see by your eyes that you were considering the possibility, analysing the statement, and then probably discarding it. Once a nerd, always a nerd.

"That's not funny," you whispered, making his eyes soften.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry." Jimin never apologized to anyone. "I won't make jokes like that."

"You better not." Your eyes flickered once again to the clock.

Jimin felt hurt on your behalf. He couldn't do it; he couldn't watch you wait any longer or he'd do something he'd regret. "I'm going to sleep," he muttered, gently laying your head back on the couch as he walked into his room, slamming the door shut.

You bit your lip, watching his form disappear into his room. You sat up, rubbing the area on your abdomen where his fingers had been ghosting over your skin.

It had felt good, too good, and you knew you should be guilty. You had a boyfriend, yet you were sexually attracted to your roommate.

There had been more than multiple occasions this had gotten out of hand. The only way you could restrain yourself was by locking yourself in your room and drinking unimaginable quantities of water.

Stay hydrated, everyone.

The bell rang.

You all but jumped up, practically running in your hurry to open the door. "Hey." You grinned as Taehyung walked in, but that was soon gone as you noticed his condition.

"Sorry I'm late, I got caught up in a photography assignment," he muttered. "Can I stay for some time? I know Jimin's going to kick me out, but your house is so comfortable. It smells like you."

He kissed you quickly, moving inside the house, but you remained at the door. Oh, how you wished it could have been because of the kiss, but that wasn't it, and you knew it. You'd smelled it.

You'd smelled the perfume.

|||

👀

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro