Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

1027 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written June 16 2022
Posted June 28 2022

NEXT UPDATE is on July 12 2022

The trip to the mall had turned out to be a relative success despite the fact that they'd run into Lapin's father there. Thankfully, Kaito was pretty sure that they were in the clear. Sure he'd felt like he was being watched off and on throughout their time there, but he also knew that the sleuth's father was just a curious person. It was a pity that he couldn't get the man's autograph though... Maybe once Lapin's life was all fixed up he could get it.

Kaito's lips curled up as he eyed Lapin, the shrunken teen looked both tired and happy as he hugged one of the lighter books to his chest as he walked. Once again he praised himself for bringing the other to this event "Want to go to the station tomorrow?" Sure he was still in his wheelchair, but he could manage. 

Lapin perked up, azure eyes lighting with excitement "Really?" He'd been waiting for so long, he missed being able to solve cases!

"Yeah" Kaito nodded "A decent amount of time has passed, so I think that going to the station should be good" They were now more familiar with each other, so they'd be able to keep up their story. Kaito smirked "We'll be looking at theft cases though, not murder" Murder cases would put Lapin around officers that were familiar with Conan.

"A case is a case. At this point any mystery would be good enough for me" Lapin quickly stated. Any time he'd started to run towards a scream, Kaito had been quick to grab him. While frustrating, he understood that Kaito was just trying to protect him, and everyone they both knew. It was daunting, knowing that if he messed up, a lot of people would die, or at least get seriously hurt.

Indigos gleamed "Tomorrow my mini-assistant will have his 'debut'" Kaito was actually a bit excited about it himself. He would soon be learning from THE Kudo Shinichi! Arguably one of the best detectives in Japan! At least if one took into account his age and accomplishments. First they'd start off with theft cases, then they'd slowly branch out to the cases where the sleuth truly shined. Of course Lapin wasn't aware that they'd be branching out, but that was a surprise for later.

Lapin eyed Kaito curiously "So how experienced are you?"

"I've solved a lot of cases, but the majority of them were solved behind a desk since it's safer" His mobility issues made him an obvious target for criminals that wanted to get away. Kaito frowned "Everyone at the station has become way overprotective of me ever since I got stabbed"

"Stabbed?!" Lapin was shocked, he'd never been stabbed before.

Kaito shrugged "It was a small stab wound, and I swung my legs hard enough to knock the guy out afterwards so it's fine" While it wasn't recommended at all, using unfeeling limbs as a weapon could be handy in dire situations. Except that he always got scolded for doing it.

No, getting stabbed was never fine "I doubt we'll get into a situation dangerous enough for stabbing to be involved, at least not right away" Many of the murderers that he'd exposed had always crumpled in defeat after he'd revealed their plot and motives.

"Yeah, it was the first time someone actually attacked me to escape so I hadn't expected it" It was a stupid move and only got the criminals in even more trouble than before. "Oh, I just remembered something" Kaito grinned mischievously "I made new tools for you to use, I use tools too so you can use yours out in the open" Hiding in plain sight.

"Oh?" Now lapin was curious. With all of the strange things Kaito had shown him, he had no idea what the other had chosen to make for him. He just knew that it'd be different from what he'd had before.

"I'll tell you more when we get inside" They'd chosen to take the bus then walk from the bus stop.

"Right" Lapin quickly followed Kaito into the house, eager to learn of all the cool tools that he would get. He'd never truly appreciated such things until he'd gotten shrunk and been forced to rely on them. When he became his real age, he was totally going to keep using tools.

Kaito chuckled, heading over to the stairs to use the lift. He really hoped that Lapin liked what he'd made. A lot of thought had been put into it, especially since the professor had taken away the obvious options. Once he was in their shared room, Kaito was quick to point Lapin towards a large box that was under his bed. The sleuth carefully retrieved it "Open it up"

Lapin obliged, blinking in confusion when he picked up a pair of dark blue, almost navy, gloves "What do these do?" Lapin asked, because they had to do something... Unless Kaito was just messing with him.

"They're both shock and waterproof, made out of a special fabric that I've synthesized" Kaito grinned "Put them on then swipe at the air like a cat" 

He gave Kaito a funny look, but did as asked. The gloves were comfortable, and it felt like air was going right through them. Lapin swiped the air, eyes widening when a faint gleam glinted at the ends of his fingertips "Why do I have small claws?" That was a bit too viscous...

Kaito rolled his eyes "They need to break the skin in order to inject the anaesthetic" He paused "This way you're at least being open about the danger instead of injecting people with tiny needles without their consent"

Lapin flushed, it now sounded really bad with how Kaito had worded it "I guess..." He flexed his hands and the claws retracted "At least they're small so they can't actually do too much damage"

"They've got one use per claw and they're built to not inject from more than one claw within ten seconds of each injection" He offered Lapin a skin coloured version of the gloves "now check out the other stuff" Conan's arsenal had been subtle, so he was making Lapin's more obvious. Though that didn't mean that there wouldn't be secret weapons too.

Me: I contemplated a blow dart, but claws sounded more fun and definitely not something Shinichi would choose to wear... Any guesses about other possible items? No, Kaito won't force Lapin to be cat themed XP

Comment? ^-^

•~• I love red grapes, they're so sweet and tasty, if only they were cheap more often

I'm curious, what is the tax amount where you guys live? For me, it's 13%.... Which kinda sucks until I remember that going to the hospital won't put me in debt for life •~•

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro