// 1 //

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Jin, could you please switch my night shift with me? My son has fallen ill and my husband's going to a business trip in few hours. Pretty please, Jin." Hyorin, one of my co-workers at café I worked part-time, begged me and I just smiled. I was very understanding, knowing she had no one to look after her child once her husband leaves for his business trip. 

"Mr. Kim is going to come in five or ten minutes and he will want his usual order a black coffee with two sugars here, but put it in a paper cup. Remember that, please. It's really important. He's mad when he won't get what he wants. He yelled couple times already because of it." she continued calmly as she put on her jacket, grabbing her purse in the right hand. 

"Black coffee, two sugars, paper cup. Got it." I chuckled as I repeated after her and she kissed my cheek, quickly saying goodbye to the rest of the co-workers before running from the café to get home as fast as possible. 

Our café isn't usually very crowded, but when it's raining or it's cold enough, we're able to fill up very quickly. People usually order a coffee or tea and leave with a paper cup in their hand. I really liked the design here. Tiling dark wood in contrasts with the bright color, lights all over the walls and enlarged photographs and paintings by street artists. Nothing fancy but still really beautiful. It had somehow a very calm presense and one could meet very interesting people. 

Exactly in five minutes, a man with striking dyed blonde hair came in wearing a perfectly fitting black suit, white shirt and dark blue spotted tie. I bit my lower lip nervously, because I didn't even bother to ask Hyorin about how the guy even looked. I grabbed the counter to steady myself a little bit and was awfully glad my co-workers didn't pay attention to him.  I quickly turned my back towards him and grabbed a few of the mugs placed next to the sink to rinse them before placing them into a dishwasher. Then, I heard a rather loud cough and tapping on the counter so I turned around, my lips curving into a trained smile. 

"Good evening, what would you like to order?" I asked casually, but I haven't found the courage to look into his eyes properly. To him, it must've seemed like I've been talking to his chest. It made him chuckle quietly. 

"The usual, please," he then said.

The usual order? Oh my God, what do I do now? I forgot to write it somewhere. Hyorin will kill me but I guess this man will kill me first.  

"Excuse me, but what coffee is it? I-" I said but he stopped me.

"Don't apologize, it's okay," he answered and I sighed with relief. "Black coffee with two sugars here, please. And no cup, put it into a paper one." 

I nodded my head, quickly scribbled his order down on a paper and put it next to the coffee machine. He went to a table for two not far from the counter so he could see me working. His gaze seared me through and through, and I felt how my cheeks turned red. I bit my lip and focused on my work. Then, he adjusted his tie and pulled out his phone. He looked somehow upset. While he was staring at the phone, the phone began to ring. He quickly accepted the call and I noticed how tense because of that he was. I finished his order but waited before he'll hang up his call. After he did it, he ran a hand through his hair. I slowly walked to his table and put his coffee before him. 

"Thank you." he smiled and I finally looked him into his eyes after mentally kicking myself to pluck up the courage to do so. 

"No worries, sir. Is there anything else you'd like?" I curiously asked him and he thought about it for a moment before whispering: "Actually, could you please stay here with me for a bit?" 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro