Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

( ASK JEEVES )

NEW CANAAN, CONNECTICUT

MANSION
[ ☾]

We see the exterior of a mansion then the interior hall with a portrait of a woman holding a dog. Phillip, the butler, walks up to two maids who are standing in the hallway.

"Now, now. I know it's a terribly sad day. Bunny LaCroix was a good woman, a fair employer with a kind heart." Philip says. The two maids look close to tears. "But there is work to be done. In less than twenty-four hours the LaCroix family will descend upon this estate for the funeral and the reading of the will and it is our duty to make sure this manor is in tip-top shape." He looks at the portrait. "We owe that much to Bunny. Colette. To the master closet. I'd like you to select Mrs. LaCroix's wardrobe for the burial. Olivia. Please make sure all the lavatories are spotless."

"Why do I have to?" Olivia asks.

"Now, now. You're still the new hire. Colette has seniority." Philip claps his hands twice. "Chop chop, there's no time to waste." Colette hurries up the staircase and Olivia heads in the opposite direction. Phillip looks in the direction Olivia went and then walks away.

MASTER BEDROOM
[ ☾]

Colette selects a suit and then a blouse. She opens the jewelry box and chooses a brooch. She then takes a pearl necklace and puts it on. She hears a door open and looks around. She goes back to admiring the necklace on herself in the mirror but then hears a door close. She walks out of the closet into the bedroom toward the door and hears footsteps. She turns around and gasps. Bunny LaCroix is standing behind her.

"But....you're dead." Colette says. Bunny is glaring at Colette and takes steps toward her.

Colette keeps backing away until they are out in the hallway. Bunny rips the pearl neckace off Colette's neck. The necklace breaks showering the pearls on the floor. Colette tries to back up and falls over the banister screaming.

She falls through a glass table on the first floor. She lies dead on the floor surrounded by broken glass as Bunny stands by the banister on the second floor looking down.

Phillip runs up to where Colette is lying looking at Colette and then up at Bunny. "What have you done?" He asks as Bunny just turns and walks away.

SUPERNATURAL

PARKING LOT
[ ☼ ]

Dean is tightening a screw on the Impala's headlight. Sam approaches carrying two tiny cups. "Hey, yo. Individually brewed." Sam hands one cup to Dean. "Technology, man."

"Real men don't drink out of cups this small." Dean smells the coffee. "What is that cinnamon roll?"

"It's uh glazed donut. Look man, if you don't want it, I..." Sam starts.

"Nah, it's...got it." Dean takes a sip of the coffee and looks impressed. "So, any leads on the scanner or the Interweb?"

"Nothing. Not even a cat up a tree."

"So right when we're ready to jump back into it, it goes uh—radio silence." Dean says.

"Murphy's law."

"Well, Murphy's a douche. Hey, feel like taking a detour to Connecticut?" Asks Dean.

"What?"

Dean holds up a cell phone. "Found it while I was dustbusting." He hands the phone to Sam.

"One of ours?" Sam asks.

"It's one of Bobby's. And, in total, 27 messages. The only one that counts is from two days ago." Dean says. "Apparently Bobby's been named a beneficiary in Bunny LaCroix's will."

"Bunny LaWho?"

"Attorney said she's an heiress and Bobby's presence or next of kin is being requested in New Canaan. I figured we qualify." Dean takes another sip of coffee.

"How did Bobby know an heiress?" Sam asks.

"Bobby had secrets, man. Like loving on Tori Spelling. If he only knew Dean cheated on her. Anyway, road trip? Who knows—maybe Bobby earned us some beer money."

MANSION
[ ☼ ]

Sam and Dean park the Impala in front of Bunny LaCroix's mansion among other very expensive cars. "Wow. Think we're a little underdressed? I mean the Fed threads are in the trunk." Sam says.

"You kidding me? For once, we don't have to wear suits." Dean says as they walk toward the front door. You're lucky my waist band's not elastic."

Elena walks up to them, coming from another car. "I guess it's no surprise that is find you guys here." She says to them.

"Elena, its good to see you." Sam gives her a hug. "What are you doing here?"

"Yeah, this is about Bobby's next of kin." Dean says sternly.

"'Family don't end in blood', remember?" Elena asks.

"Y-you...remember that?" Dean asks.

Elena sighs. "Actually, no. I'm still catching up on those books by Carver Edlund." She says.

"Well, were good here so..."

"Dean." Elena says sternly. "I suggest you get that stick out of your ass and except the fact that I'm going to be here for a while." She says. "You can't get rid of me that easily." She presses the doorbell. Beethoven's Fuer Elise plays. Olivia opens the front door.

"May I help you?" Olivia asks.

"I'm Elena Gilbert. This is Sam and Dean Winchester. We're here on behalf of Bobby Singer."

"Mr. Singer won't be coming?" Olivia asks.

"No, he passed away." Dean says and Elena looks over at him in sorrow, just learning about his death.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that."

"Uh, condolences for your loss too." Sam says.

"Thank you." Olivia says. "Well, you just missed the funeral, but the family's relaxing inside if you'd like to join." She leads them into the billiard room where the LaCroix family are. She clears her throat. "Allow me to introduce Sam and Dean Winchester and Elena Gilbert."

"Sam and Dean Winchester of the Westchester Winchesters?" A Woman named Heddy asks.

"Uh no. I don't think there's..." Sam starts.

"Nah." Dean says.

"...any relation. Sorry."

"No matter." Heddy says as she looks over Sam and Dean. "You two are adorable."

"Oh." Dean says.

"I'm Heddy, Bunny's cousin and this is my sister, Beverly." She says.

"Charmed I'm sure." Beverly says.

Heddy indicates to a man playing pool. "And that's Bunny's youngest brother Stanton. Stan for short." She says.

"Come on in fellas, join the mourning." Stanton says.

"And his child bride...Amber."

"Go Stan!" Amber yells.

Stan misses the shot. "Babe, don't. You're breaking my concentration." He says.

"And then there's Dash. That's the baby of the family." Heddy says. "He's Bunny's great nephew – Harvard business."

"How did you guys know Aunt Bunny?" Dash asks.

"We uh..." Dean starts.

"We—we—we didn't personally know her." Sam stutters. "Our—our surrogate dad, Bobby Singer did."

"Did." Dean says.

"Bobby? Never heard of him. But you can fill us in over the weekend, huh." Beverly says as Elena begins to feel uncomfortable.

"The weekend?" Dean asks.

"Didn't the attorney tell you?" Heddy asks. "Service was today and the reading of the will tomorrow."

"Oh but you're welcome to spend the night. All the rooms sleep two."

Heddy slaps Dean's butt. "Or three." She says.

"Okay." Dean says.

"Where's Colette?"

"She quit. Poor dear was so distraught over Mrs. LaCroix's passing." Philip says. "Went off to find herself."

"Ashram in India?" Heddy asks.

"Uh, clown college in Sarasota." He says.

"Good choice."

Philip walks up to Sam, Elena and Dean. "May I have a word with you in the hall in five minutes?" He asks.

"Sure." Elena says.

"Yeah."

"So Sam, tell me...do you work out?" Beverly asks. Phillip is walking down the hall with an envelope as Dean, Elena and Sam exit the billiard room into the hall.

"Charmed I'm sure...what are these people?" Dean asks.

"I think they're called W.A.S.P.S." Sam says.

"What?" Dean asks. Sam sees Phillip approaching and clears his throat.

"My apologies for being so oblique back there, but I'm doing you guys a favor." Philip says.

"Okay."

"As you know, Mrs. LaCroix bequeathed something to your Mister Singer." Philip says. "But the reading of the will isn't until tomorrow and I would hate for you to have to stick around and be forced to—well mingle with the family."

"Don't worry Alfred, we know which one the shrimp fork is. Kind of." Dean says.

"Oh Mr. Winchester, if you're implying that I don't think you're good enough, it's quite the contrary." He says. "You're far too good. The LaCroix family is... How shall I say this politely? ...money grubbing leaches."

"What are you talking about? I thought they were all loaded." Elena asks.

"Loaded – yes; Rich – no. The recession hit every one of them and I'm afraid it they knew what Bunny left you, those vultures would try to stake claim." Philip says. "And since the attorney kindly agreed to a hand-off, you don't have to be subjected to their scrutiny." He hands the envelope to Dean.

"Do you have any idea how Bunny and Bobby knew each other?" Sam asks as Olivia enters hallway.

"Not in the slightest." Philip says. "Um, now if there's nothing else, shall I have Olivia show you out?"

"No, no. That's uh...we got it. Thanks." Dean says as Olivia and Phillip head back down the hall. Dean opens the envelope. He pulls out a large jeweled cross on a chain. "Huh. Kind of fancy to leave a guy like Bobby."

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Sam asks.

"If Bunny was banging Bobby, then maybe these rocks are real."

PAWN SHOP
[ ☼ ]

"What do you mean it's not real? The old bag was rolling in it." Dean says.

"Well, looks like the old bag's got a soft spot for fake rubies and cubic zirconium. This is interesting though." The employee pulls the top of the cross off the necklace. "It's a key."

Sam turns to Dean. "A key to what?" He asks.

"There's one way to find out—Ask Jeeves." Dean says.

BEDROOM
[ ☼ ]

"Beverly saw you sexting at dinner!" Stanton yells.

"Bev doesn't know what the hell she's talking about." Amber says. "I was texting my mom."

"An emoticon of a peeled banana?"

"She likes fruit." Amber says.

"Just admit it. You're cheating." He says.

"And you're drunk. Not to mention paranoid." Amber points to portrait on wall of Bunny and her husband. "Just like Lance. He was always accusing poor Bunny of sleeping around."

"Because she was. My sister was nothing but a two-bit hooker in Chanel!" Stanton yells.

"How dare you? Your sister's dead." She goes into the bathroom and slams the door.

Stanton speaks to the portrait. "What the hell are you looking at? Good riddance to you both." He says as a voice says 'Stanton'. "What?!"

"I didn't say anything." Amber says from behind a door.

'Stanton'.

Stanton opens the bedroom doors and walks out into the hallway. He hears the voice again as he walks down the hall looking around. Suddenly Lance is in front of him with an axe. "No, Ahhh!" He yells.

As Amber comes out the bedroom door into the hall, Lance chops Stanton's head off and Amber screams.

BUNNY'S MANSION
[ ☾]

Sam, Elena and Dean park the Impala in front of Bunny's mansion and see a police car. Sam rings the doorbell. Phillip opens the door. "Everything okay?" Dean asks.

"Not really." Philip is holding the door open as Dean, Elena and Sam enter.

"Yeah." Dean says.

"Thanks."

"I presume you gentlemen left something behind." Philip says. "I'll check the front closet for burlap."

"I got news for you Mr. Belvedere the jacket's canvas." Dean says.

"You three were here earlier?" A Detective asks.

"Yeah, who wants to know?" Dean asks.

The man flashes his badge. "Detective Howard. New Canaan P.D. Congratulations guys, you're now officially murder suspects." He says.

"I'm sorry, what?" Elena asks.

"Yeah, Bunny LaCroix's brother Stanford was killed this evening. His body's just gone to the morgue." Howard says.

"And you think..." Dean starts.

"I don't know what to think. And that's why you three and anyone else who stepped foot in this house today is being detained for questioning."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro