Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

( THE SCARLET LETTER )

BAR
[ ☾]

Sam, Dean, Elena and Charlie sit at a table catching up. "There two of you—one good, one...bad?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, what, dick you is some sort of a ninja?" Dean asks.

"She is a badass, yeah."

"O-okay. Hold on. Back up. We were there for Dorothy, Oz, yellow brick road. B-but then..." Sam starts.

"War. The war for Emerald City. It was awesome. Until not so much." Charlie says. "We were gonna lose, so I made a deal with the wizard...of Oz. Wears a hood and a creepy mask, kind of a jerk—good times. He said for us to win, I had to unleash my true darkness, which he meant literally. He used the inner key of Oz. It opens a door to your soul and lets the darkness out. Uh, we're still connected physically. If you hurt her, you hurt me. But bottom line, she's bad, and I'm good. And let me just tell you, being good is really annoying." She says. "Normally in a place like this, I'd be pounding Harvey Wallbangers and checking out the bartender's ass. Now all I want to do is sip club soda and send her to college."

"Okay, uh...good Charlie." Elena says. "So, why is dark Charlie gunning for revenge?"

"She's trying to win me back. Dark Charlie won the war single-handedly. But... She did some truly awful things. But I told her I didn't want any part of her near me again, ever." She says. "Going after the person who mur—mur—uh...Who took my parents away is her messed-up way of showing me how close we are, or—or could be. I keep calling her "she," but she's me. I'm the one doing this."

"Charlie, that—that's not who you are, okay?" Dean says. "It's—it's a twisted version of—"

"Me." Charlie finishes. "I've been following her so I can catch her before she does something stupid a-and just lock her away forever."

"Uh, Charlie?...That's not an answer." Elena says.

"Lena's right." Dean says. "We'll go back to Oz, and we'll—we'll get the key from the wizard of douche, and we'll put you back together."

"Even if I did want her back...Look dark me broke the key. There's no way to get back to the wizard."

Sam holds his hands up. "Okay, okay, first thing's first. We need to find dark Charlie before she finds the drunk driver." He says. "So, we know Barbara gave up her old bank statements, right? That means dark Charlie will probably follow the money back to whoever made the payoffs."

"That's what I would do." Charlie says.

"All right." Sam says.

"I'll get some refills." Dean goes to the bar with the glasses.

"We need you...to hack into Barbara's bank accounts." Sam pulls out his computer.

"I can't." Charlie pushes the computer back to Sam.

"What?" Elena asks.

"It's bad. I told you—being good is annoying." She says.

"How about this—how about you guide me through the process, and then I'm the bad one?" Sam says.

"Okay, so, Barbara's payments all came from offshore accounts, which were routed through dummy corporations, which have all gone belly-up." Sam says.

"All right, skip to the end, dragon tattoo. They all lead back to this guy?" Dean asks.

"Russell Wellington. And according to his personal records, he had a-a car that was reported stolen the—the week of the accident, a-a car that was never recovered." Sam says. "And after the supposed 'theft', he went on a sabbatical from work for two weeks and returned to work with bruises and a broken ankle."

"So this is him. This is the man who, uh..." Charlie starts.

Dean closes the computer. "And you're done. Sam." He pulls Sam to the side to consult with him.

"Hey, dudes. Dudes. Secrets are bad." Charlie says.

"Charlie, I don't think you should be anywhere around this piece-of-crap salesman." Dean says.

"And—and I don't think that finding dark Charlie and locking her up is gonna work." Sam says. "I mean, she may be...dark, but she's still a part of you."

"You're right. I hate it, but you're right. Okay. Let's go to the bunker. Baum used the key to Oz. Maybe there's something in the Men of Letters' files about the key. If we fix it, we can get back to Oz.0

"All right, you guys dig into that. I'm gonna keep an eye on Russell and, uh...wait for dark Charlie to show up. Are you sure?" Dean asks.

"Dean, maybe—maybe I should be the one..." Sam starts.

"No, no, no, no, no. I got . It's, uh—I just can't believe I have to...protect this piece of crap." Dean says.

"No, you got to protect them both. I mean, if dark Charlie gets hurt, then..." Sam says.

"So do I, so...be careful." Charlie says.

"Got it." Dean says and leaves the bar.

Charlie turns to Sam and Elena. "Is he okay?" She asks.

"Uh...I'll tell you on the way. Come on." Sam says.

This scene switches between Dean staking out Russell Wellington at his business, and Charlie, Elena, and Sam in the bunker doing research. Dean starts in the Impala, listening to meditation tapes and eating almonds. He follows Russell Wellington into his company. Sam, Elena, and Charlie are in the library of the bunker.

"The key to quieting your mind, is minding your quiet. Know and understand the lack of an answer is—"

Dean pulls the tape out, throws it on the seat, and then sees Russell Wellington pull in and get out of the car. He walks into the waiting room, signs his name on the list, and then takes a seat among a group of people.

BUNKER LIBRARY
[ ☾]

"Okay, here we go. Clive Dillon. He is the Man of Letters that first discovered the key to Oz. So, according to this incident report, Clive went to Oz, but he left the key on earth, and then L. Frank Baum found the key and went to rescue Clive in Oz." Sam says.

"That's when Dorothy snuck along for the ride and got stuck there." Charlie says.

"Right." Sam says. "And then after Baum rescued Clive, Clive came back and retired."

"You can retire from the Men of Letters?" She asks.

"Well, apparently, they put him in some sort of, like, uh, witness-relocation program." Elena says.

"Where did he end up?"

"Let's find out." Sam says.

Meanwhile, Dean sits in the waiting room reading a magazine. "Mr. Presley? Mr. Presley?" An Office Assistant calls out.

"Yes. Yeah. Hi. Uh, actually, I'm, uh, you know, really into this article on, uh...mammograms. Riveting stuff. If somebody else wants to go..." Dean looks around the room and sees that he's the last person left. "Right. Yes. Okay. Well...let's do this."

The Office Assistant shows Dean into Wellington's office. "Mr. Presley for you, sir." She says.

"Is that it for the day?" Russel asks.

"Yes, sir." The Assistant says.

"Okay. You can head out. Uh, I need my, uh, dry cleaning taken to the lake house, and, uh, pick up Pepper and take her to the dog groomers, okay?" Russell asks.

"Yes, sir." She leaves the room.

"Thank you. Mr. Presley, Russell Wellington. Please have a seat. So...What can you tell me about what you're looking for today?"

"Uh, right. Well, um...Let me describe my dream home." Dean says.

BUNKER
[ ☾]

"The Men of Letters gave Clive a new name, a new house, both of which are still listed. I think Clive might be still alive." Charlie says. She, Elena, and Sam sit in the main room of the bunker.

"Y—well, he'd be, like, 100-something." Sam says.

"Time passes differently in Oz. It's close by. Let's go look." She says. "If he's still kicking, he is the only person who might be able to fix the key to Oz."

"All right, let's go." Elena says.

"Okay."

WELLINGTON'S OFFICE
[ ☾]

"I'm not saying that I have to have a jacuzzi. I'm just saying that I really like bubbles." Dean says.

"Uh, Mr. Presley, look, I'm just gonna stop you right there. Judging from your cheap shoes and your faded jeans, I'm guessing the only house you're in the market for comes with wheels." Russel says. "Now, look, I'm a busy man. My time is extremely valuable. I prefer not to have it wasted by some hayseed."

"I'm willing to buy if you're willing to sell. So why don't you show me what you got?" Dean asks.

"Well, I can show you the door." Russel picks up the phone to call security, but Dean breaks off the call. "Who the hell do you think you are?"

"I'm the guy who's gonna save your life." Dean says.

"Excuse me?"

"Hill and Oak Street. Station wagon with a man and a woman in it, on their way to pick up their little daughter from a slumber party. That ring a bell?" Dean asks.

"I-I-I-I don't know what you're talking about." Russel says.

"Oh, no, you wouldn't, 'cause you were too drunk to remember anything that night." Dean says.

"I think you have me confused with somebody else. Or somebody that cares." He says.

"Or maybe somebody who wouldn't pay people off to cover up manslaughter."

"You're insane." Russel says as the lights go out. "What the hell is going on?"

"Stay here. Do not leave this room." Dean goes out to investigate. He finds Dark Charlie in the waiting room. "Charlie? Let's talk about this."

"You Winchester boys and your talk. Blah, blah, blah, repressed feelings. Blah, blah, blah, passive aggression." She says.

"Come on, kiddo. You don't want to do this." Dean says.

"I don't want to hurt him. I just want to talk." Charlie says.

"Yeah, like you talked to all the others?"

"You're right. I got out of hand. But this was never about revenge." Charlie says.

"Right."

"I want him to see my face. I want him to see what he did to me...to us." Says Charlie. "That's all. Please, Dean. I deserve that. And then we hand him over to the cops." She hands Dean her knife.

"Okay." Dean takes Dark Charlie's knife.

"Mr.—" Russel stops speaking upon seeing Dark Charlie. "Celeste."

"No one's called me that in a long, long time." She says.

"Uh...I am so sorry. What I did—it...I was young. I was stupid. What I took, I...I can never give back to you." Russel says. "But what I did after the accident, that never should have happened. And I wasn't drunk for that. I was stone-cold sober. It was selfish...and wrong. And I should pay for it. And I will pay for it."

"You took everything from me." Charlie cries.

"Please...Celeste, I am so sorry." Russell says.

"Russell?" She questions. "I forgive you." She turns, slams and locks the door.

"Wh—" Russell starts. Charlie grabs his letter opener and stabs him with it. Then she leaps through the window and is gone.

Dean speaks from behind the door. "Charlie! Charlie! Don't do this, Charlie!" He yells. Dean hears the window smash and breaks the door in to find Wellington dead and Charlie gone.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro