38. Where Did It Go?

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Hi all...

Here's the next part...

I dedicate this part to my friend Sasanka54 for voting first on the previous part...

Recap:

Karthik decided to work more in his start-up. Arun and Karthik started doing arrangements for the engagement. Vindhya met her Team Ten friends and spent a day there. She accompanied Mrs.Kapoor and Mrs.Iyer to the sarees shop. Mr.Prabhakaran asks Vindhya about her college.

Vindhya's POV:

Today's jogging felt really weird. Dad has been behaving differently. I wonder what caused such change. After returning home I got myself refreshed with a bath. When I sat in the living room, I saw Dad's phone on the teapoy infront of me. I heard the notification sound of a message. I casually opened to see what the message is. It is one of my way old habits, I read the messages in my dad's phone and inform about them to dad. Mostly his messages used to be bank transaction notifications or schedule of his meetings. I used to act like I am a mini PA of dad at home and I used to brief him about all the messages. But what I read in this message petrified me.

From Hostel Warden, Hostel number 18, IIT Bengaluru:

To Mr. Prabhakaran Iyer, F/O Ms. Vindhya Iyer,

Dear Parent,

I am not pleased to inform you about  your ward's improper conduct at the insitute. She has been noted for returning late to the hostel during the night. She has exceeded the permitted limit more than 3 times the last month. We expect you to look into this matter and talk with your ward. I hope that your ward will not repeat this again.

------------------

Shocked would be an understatement of my reaction when I completed reading this. I felt anxious and I could hear my heartbeat in my ears. Panicking, I deleted the message immediately. Oh my gosh! how did my warden notice this? I thought that I got it covered up. But man, I was so wrong.

Is this why Dad's behaving differently? I don't think he read this message, I must ask him indirectly if he knows about this or not. I must not repeat this mistake and get bad remarks for dad. Sighing I walked into dad's room. I saw him getting ready for his office.

" Is there anything that you want to speak with me?" Dad asked after seeing me.

"  I will in the evening Appa. I don't want you to be late for your office." I said.

" Okay dear. See you in the evening then." He said and left.

I didn't know what to do. I ran into my room and opened my diary and began writing everything.

" Vindhya." I heard Karthik's voice in my room. I suddenly closed my dairy and stood up.

" What are you writing so seriously?" He asked me.

" Who allowed you inside?" I asked him.

" Don't think so highly about yourself Vindhya." He mocked me.

" Yeah right." I rolled my eyes.

" Why are you here?" I asked him.

" I want you to go out with me." He said.

" To where?" I asked him.

" To reshma's home." He said.

" Okay I will get ready and come down." I said.

" Vindhya did you see my note?"

" Oh, so you are the one who kept it. Why did you write it?" I asked him.

" Because I'm sorry." He said.

" It just doesn't make any sense." I said.

" Why doesn't it?" He asked me.

" Meet me at the Gandhi junction at 12 in the midnight on 17th October. Does it make any sense?" I asked him.

" I didn't write that." He said being alerted by what I said.

" What did you write then?" I asked him.

"I wrote a Sorry and Thank you." He said.

" Oh okay." I said.

" Who could have written that note then?" He asked.

" Must have been one of my friend's prank." I said trying to deviate his attention while I was thinking about the same.

Could it be anyone from Team Ten? But they would mention their name at the end.

Who else would write it then? That night I was too sleepy to think about it.

" So did you really forgive me?" Karthik asked me.

" When did I say that? I'm not going to forgive you anytime nearby. You feel me as a burden right?" I glared at him.

" Whatever." He said and turned back towards the door.

Again he turned back and asked me " Why do you look anxious Vindhya? Is everything alright?"

" Yes, I'm fine." I tried to lie.

He engulfed me into a hug and said " Okay, you need not tell me. But I know a little about you. Don't worry Vindhya everything will be fine."

I felt his embrace soothing and his words reduced my anxiety surprisingly even when I'm angry with him.

" Now get ready. I'll be waiting down." He said and I nodded my head like an obedient girl.

" Get on." Kathik said when he saw me looking at his bike KTM.

" Do I really have to get on this?" I asked him.

" Yeah last time you teased my baby. Now my baby will show you what it can do." He smirked and I gulped.

He laughed seeing my reaction.

" Drive slowly." I said getting behind him.

After driving for about 5 minutes, he asked me to get down.

" I don't want to make you fearful by driving my baby. Let's go by car." He said.

" No, it's okay Karthik." I said.

" I insist." He said.

I'm surprised to find his car over there.

" Why is your car here?" I asked him.

" I asked my driver to wait here. I wanted to know if you are okay with the bike or not. Your reaction made it clear." He laughed while I glared at him.

" That's what you get for teasing my baby." He said and we started in his car to Reshma's house  while his driver took his bike to place it at his home.

" We are going for talking about the decoration arrangements. You should ask what are her favourite flowers and we have to know if their family members have any specific flowers in mind." He said in the way and I replied by saying an Okay.

While returning, I asked him to drop me at Deepak's office.

I told everything to deepak and he assured me that nothing will go wrong.

I just hope so I thought.

" Let's concentrate on that note though." He said and I agreed.

We both reached my home and I searched for that note. To my dismay, I couldn't find it where I have kept.

Where did it go?

That's it for now friends..

Please do vote comment and share ❤❤❤

I'll dedicate the next part to the one who votes first on this part.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro