Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

( NO ESCAPE )

BLACKTOP
[ ☼ ]

Dean pulls up behind a wrecked car with Oregon plates that read "WTF 4C7"; he stops to investigate, carrying a gun. The windows on the car are smashed and blood covers the seats; on the ground by the driver's side is a large bloody knife. He picks it up.

CLINIC
[ ☼ ]

Sam is leaning against a counter, staring at the body of Mr. Tanner. He begins pacing while Elena leans on a wall. Dr. Lee is nearby, looking at something in a microscope. "Huh." She says.

"What?" Sam asks.

"His lymphocyte percentage is pretty high. His body was fighting off a viral infection." Dr Lee says.

"Really? What kind of virus?" Elena asks.

"Can't say for sure."

"Do you think an infection could have made him act like that?" Sam asks.

Dr Lee moves here eye from the microscope. "None that I've ever heard of. I mean, some can cause dementia, but not that kind of violence. And besides, I've never heard of one that did this to the blood."

"Did what?" Sam asks.

"There's this...weird residue. If I didn't know better I'd say it was sulfur." She says.

"Sulfur."

BLACKTOP
[ ☼ ]

Dean drives along the road to a bridge, which is blocked by a roadblock consisting of several cars and a half-dozen locals with guns. One is Jake. He stops the car, frowning.

Something bangs down on the roof of the car and he jumps; a man leans over into frame. "Oh-ho-ho." Dean says. He didn't want anyone touching his baby. "Hey."

"Sorry. Road's closed." The Man says.

"Yeah, I can see that. What's up?" Dean asks.

"Quarantine."

"Quarantine? What is it?" Dean asks.

"Don't know. Something going around out there."

"Uh-huh. Who told you that?" Dean asks.

"County Sheriff." The Man says.

"Is he here?"

"No. He called. Say, why don't you get out of the car and we'll talk a little?" He asks.

Dean laughs nervously. "Well, you are a handsome devil, but I don't swing that way, sorry." He says.

"I'd sure appreciate it if you got out of the car, just for a quick minute." The Man says.

"Yeah, I'll bet you would." Dean puts the car into a quick reverse; the Man grabs his collar and is dragged along. The men at the roadblock begin firing, and Dean swings the car around, shaking the Man off and zooming away.

CLINIC
[ ☼ ]

Sam and Elena are staring intently at Beverly, still huddled on the stool in the lab. "I don't understand. Are you saying my husband and Jake had a disease?" Beverly asks.

"That's what we're trying to find out. Now, during the attack, do you remember...did you have any direct contact with their blood?" Dr Lee asks.

"Oh my God. You don't think I've got this virus, do you?" Beverly asks.

"Beverly, I don't know what to think. But with your permission, we'll take a blood Sample." Lee says.

Beverly nods and lays her hand gently on Dr. Lee's. Suddenly she grabs Dr. Lee's wrist and yells in rage, lashing out with her other hand. Sam advances on her and she tosses him against a glass cabinet, which shatters.

"Sam!" Elena yells.

Beverly picks up a scalpel as he takes a fire extinguisher from the wall; she advances on him, still yelling. He knocks her out.

TOWN ROAD
[ ☼ ]

Dean is driving back into town. Mark steps into his path brandishing a rifle, and he stops the car. "Hands where I can see 'em!" Mark yells.

"Okay!" Dean yells.

"Get out of the car! Out of the car!"

Dean opens the door and getting out slowly. "All right, easy there, big guy." As he stands, Dean pulls out a handgun and points it at Mark. "All right, put it down!"

"Lower it now!" Mark yells.

"Put it down!"

"Are you one of 'em?" Mark asks.

"No! Are you?" Dean asks.

"No!"

"You could be lying!"

"So could you!"

"All right! All right. We could do this all day, all right? Let's just uh, let's take it easy before we kill each other." Dean says.

Mark relaxes slightly. "What's going on with everybody?" He asks.

"I don't know." Dean says truthfully.

"My neighbor...Mr. Rogers, he—" Mark starts.

"You've got a neighbor named Mr. Rogers?" Dean asks.

"Not anymore." Dean shakes his head. "He came at me with a hatchet. I put him down. He's not the only one, I mean, it's happening to everyone." Mark says.

"I'm heading over to the Doc's place, there's still some people left." Dean says.

"No, no way. I'm getting the hell out." Mark says.

"There's no way out, they got the bridge covered, come on." Dean says.

"I don't believe you."

"Fine, stay here, be my guest." Dean says. Mark hesitates, then changes his mind.

He pulls out a handgun and keeps it pointed towards Dean as he gets into the passenger's side. Dean still has his gun up as well. "Well, this ought to be a relaxing drive." Dean mutters.

Back at the clinic, Dr. Lee is again looking through the microscope. Pam huddles against the far wall. "What if we all have it? What if we all go crazy?" Pam asks.

"You've got to stay calm. All we can do is wait. The Marshal's bringing help." Lee says.

"I can't, I...I've got to go." Pam says.

"Pam!" Lee yells.

"No, you don't understand. My boyfriend's out there, I gotta make sure he's okay." Pam says.

She hurries out of the lab, and Sam follows her all the way to the lobby. "All right, wait, wait. Please. Look, I know you're upset, all right? But it's safer if you stay here for now. Help is coming." Sam says. We hear the Impala pull up outside. "There they are."

"Sammy? Open up!" Dean yells on the other side of the door. Sam opens the door to let in Dean and Mark; both are still armed.

"Did you guys, uh, get to a phone?" Sam asks.

"Road block." Dean says, then turns to Mark. "I'm gonna have a word. Doc's inside."

Sam and Dean move to a place where they can talk alone. "What's going on out there, Dean?" Sam asks.

"Man, I don't know, I feel like Chuck Heston in the Omega Man, I mean, Sarge is the only sane person I could find. What are we dealing with, do you know?" Dean asks.

"Yeah. Doc thinks it's a virus." Says Sam

"Okay, great. What do you think?" Dean asks.

"I think she's right."

"Really?" Asks Dean.

"Yeah. And I think the infected are trying to infect others with blood-to-blood contact." Sam says. "Oh, but it gets better. The uh, the virus? Leaves traces of sulfur in the blood."

"A demonic virus?" Dean asks.

"Yeah, more like demonic germ warfare. At least it explains why I've been having visions." Sam says.

"It's like a Biblical plague." Dean says.

"Yeah. You don't know how right you are, Dean. I've been poring through Dad's journal, found something about the Roanoke colony." Sam says.

"And?"

"Dad always had a theory about Croatoan. He thought it was a demon's name. Sometimes known as Deva or sometimes Reesha. A demon of plague and pestilence." Sam continues.

Dean throws his hands into the air. "Well, that, that's terrific. Why here, why now?"

"I have no idea. But Dean, who knows how far this thing can spread? We gotta get out of here, we gotta warn people." Sam says.

"They've got one! In here!" They hear Mark yell.

Dean enters the next room. "What do you mean?" He asks Mark.

"The wife. She's infected." Sam says.

"We've gotta take care of this. We can't just leave her in there. My neighbors, they were strong. The longer we wait, the stronger she'll get." Mark says to the boys. Dean barely hesitates before pulling out his gun and stalking into the lab.

Sam and Dean enter the lab with the rest of the ladies. "You're gonna kill Beverly Tanner?" Pam asks.

"Doctor, could there be any treatment? Some kind of cure for this?" Sam asks Dr Lee.

"Can you cure it?" Dean asks.

"For God's sake, I don't even know what "it" is!" Lee yells.

"I told you, it's just a matter of time before she breaks through." Mark says.

"Just leave her in there, you can't shoot her like an animal!" Lee says.

"Sam." Elena says and gives Sam a look. They go to the door of the utility room, where Beverly is being held.

Dean and Mark hold their guns ready; Sam carefully opens the door, and Dean and Mark take up offensive positions. Inside, Beverly is huddled on the floor, knees drawn up.

She jumps at their approach. "Mark, what are you doing? Mark, it's, it's them! They locked me in here, they, they tried to kill me! They're infected, not me! Please, Mark! You've known me all your life! Please!" She yells.

"You sure she's one of 'em?" Dean asks Sam. Sam nods, his face twisted in distress. As Mark pulls back, near tears, Dean steps forward and fires twice.

The shades are drawn, and Mark peers through them cautiously. A few people are gathered outside. Behind him, Sam pulls out a hunting knife and checks the blade as Dean loads a gun.

In the lab, Pam has just dropped a vial of blood; she screams. "Oh god! Is there any on me? Am I okay?" Pam asks.

Elena runs over to check on her. "You're clean, you're okay." She says.

"Why are we staying here? Please, let's just go!" Pam yells.

"No, we can't, because those things are everywhere." Dean says.

Pam sinks down. "Oh god..." She says.

"Hey, shh, shh." Dr Lee says to Pam.

"She's right about one thing. We can't stay here. We've gotta get out of here, get to the Roadhouse? Somewhere. Let people know what's coming." Sam says.

"Yeah, good point." Dean says. "Night of the Living Dead didn't exactly end pretty."

"Well, I'm not sure we've got a choice. Lots of folks up here are good with rifles — even with all your hardware we're, we're easy targets. So unless you've got some explosives..." Mark starts.

Sam glances up at a shelf of medical supplies and gets an idea. "We could make some." He says.

He goes to the shelf and takes down a bottle of Potassium Chloride; just then, someone starts pounding frantically on the front door. The Boys run out

"Hey! Let me in, let me in! Please!" A young man says in the other side of the door.

"It's Duane Tanner!" Mark yells. He opens the door and lets Duane in. He has a backpack and is limping.

"Thank god." Duane says.

"Duane, you okay?" Mark asks.

Dean leans closer to Sam. "That's the guy that I, uh," He clicks tongue.

"Yeah." Sam says.

"Who else is in here?" Duane asks.

Dean grabs his arm. "Hey, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, easy there, chief. Hey Doc! Give Duane a good once-over, would you?" He asks.

Dr. Lee is leading the group into the lab. "Pam?" She asks.

"Who are you?" Duane asks Dean.

"Never mind who I am." Dean says. "Doc."

"Yeah, okay."

"Duane. Where you been?"

"On a fishing trip up by Roslyn. I came back this afternoon. I...I saw Roger McGill being dragged out of his house by people we know! They started cutting him with knives! I ran, I've been hiding in the woods ever since. Has anybody seen my mom and dad?" Duane asks.

Dean turns to Sam, attempting a joking tone. "Awkward..." He says.

Duane is sitting on a stool. His left leg has a deep gash in it. "You're bleeding." Dr Lee says.

"Where'd you get that?" Dean asks Duane.

"I was running, I must have tripped." He replies.

"Tie him up, there's rope in there." Dean says.

"Wait." Duane says and gets up.

Dean pulls his gun on Duane. "Sit down!" He yells.

"I'm sorry, Duane, he's right. We've gotta be careful." Mark says.

"Careful? About what?" Duane asks.

"Did they bleed on you?"

"No, what the hell? No!" Duane yells.

"Doc? Any way to know for sure, any test?" Elena asks.

"I've studied Beverly's bloodwork backwards and forwards." Dr Lee says.

"My mom!"

"It took three hours for the virus to incubate. The sulfur didn't appear in the blood until then, so...no, there'd be no way of knowing. Not until after Duane turns." Lee says.

"Dean, I gotta talk to you. Now." Sam says. Dean glances at Mark, who nods. Dean and Sam leave the lab.

"Sit in that chair." Mark says to Duane.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro