Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Brad

I leave Emma's building and walk across campus to Building C. The building is much older than the one I just saw. It has a rather unusual gothic style of architecture. I know this because I went on this guide of cathedrals with my dad when I was nine. I walk into the halls and see a bunch of cheerleaders surrounded by two boys. Of course one of them is Theo standing in the middle with his leather jacket. It doesn't surprise me at all. I try to walk pass not knowing where to go when I hear him call out my name,

"Wilson!" I turn around and see them all looking over at me. I walk up to him as I look at this blonde girl clinging onto his shoulder. He slightly pushed her away and walks up to me.

"Where you're heading?" I have no idea where I'm going. He does already know the campus so there is no point in not asking him for help.

"Mathematics and statistics." Some of the girls begin to whisper behind his back. They are wearing the cheerleader outfit, white and navy blue with a tiger in the center of the logo school.

"I knew you were always nerdy. I'll take you." I look over at the girl still staring at me with a captivating smile. Her hair pulled back behind her ears as she plays with the tip of the straw from her juice. She looks like the kind of mysterious girl that has things very planned out. Beside her is a brunette that makes sense she is a cheerleader, she has shallow written all over her. I don't judge anyone without knowing them but I have no intention of getting to know either of them. My ex-girlfriend was a cheerleader and her friends were something. I remember one day picking her up from one of her friend's house and one of them pushed me into the refrigerator and began to pull up my shirt. She whispered in my ear that she could give me something my girlfriend couldn't. Of course, I told my girlfriend but she just laughed as if it was something any friend would do to their friend's boyfriend. I give the blonde girl a warm smile and walk away with Theo beside me.

"What's new Wilson? That chick is your girlfriend huh? Not bad!" He says messing with my hair. Theo was always the one with girls behind him when we were younger and that hasn't changed. Theo has two sides of him when you get to know him well. He has a big sense of partying and knows how to have fun but also the guy you can go up to when you need advice and comfort.

"Yeah, she is great. I love her. What about Amanda?" Amanda was his first crush ever. She lived in Santa Barbara and he was crazy for her. She used to come around and play with us too.

"My boy is in love!!" He yells. People turn to look at us as he continues, "You'll never guess. She moved three years ago here. I was thinking of calling her but it's been so long she probably doesn't even remember me. I spoke to her sister Sophie a few months ago and she told me she lived downtown and was already settled in." I stop as I hear those words. I would have thought he had moved on by now but they do say you never get over your first love, in my case it isn't true. 

"Call her! If not you'll always have that thought in the back of your head of what if something really happened." It's been so long of having a conversation like this with him that is feels needed. We head up the stairs as people greet him.

"T! How's it going?" One guy yells from his locker.

"Talk later D," he says turning back to him. "I want you to try out for the team. Tryouts are tonight and guess who's judging." I look over at him. I had already thought of getting into the team. "This guy right here," he adds pointing to himself in pure pride.

"I already thought about it. So yeah. Time and place?" I ask as we enter a small corridor. There aren't many people in this area.

"This is it. Meet me in the cafeteria when you finish. I'll text you the details. I'm so glad you're here." He adds hitting my shoulder. I walk into the classroom. There are many students already sitting waiting for the teacher. I sit down next a guy. People would call him a nerd but I don't believe in the shity labels.

"Hey, I'm Brad." As I drop my bag the teacher walks in. The boy next to me nervously fixies him glasses and adds,

"I'm Sam."

After an hour of lecture, I make my way to the cafeteria trying to remember the way. To my surprise, they are still sitting at the same table and the same people. I take the empty seat by the blonde mysterious girl as I don't know her name.

"Hi, so I see you guys just hang out here," I say with a grin. I won't begin to skip classes to stay sitting down in this chair. 

"Guys this is a good friend of mine. Brad," I feel the eyes of the blonde girl sitting beside gluing on to me when she adds,

"Next to meet you, Brad, I'm Ashley and this is Kourtney." She says tilting her head to the brunette sitting next to her. I look over at Kourtney that hasn't lift eye from her phone since I've sat here. After half an hour speaking with them and getting to hear all kind of stories Emma and another girl come.

I finish exams tomorrow so the schedule of updating is back on track!! hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

Love Maria X

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro