Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Here is your boys lotus tiles, do not lose them, if you do just come find me again I'll give you another one," Iroh smiled handing his grandsons each a tile.

"And here are some treats for the road, do not let your father take them either, he's going to eat them," he handed them little bags of food.

"Yum!" Ren gasped at the sweets in the bag.

"Thank you grandpa," aito hugged him around the shoulders while standing on his toes to reach Iroh, the old man was knelt down to him already.

"I'll see you for your birthday," Iroh gave him a secure squeeze in his hug.

"Can you bring your cakes again?" Aito whispered in his ear. "Papa can't make them right,"

Iroh smiled when they pulled away and held the side of sweet aito's cheek, admiring his grandsons kindness and innocence, he saw so much of Zuko in both his boys but the sweet and tender heart his nephew had as a child shows through aito. Ren carried much of the excitement and curiosity he absolutely can see from the southern tribe part of his family. They both had the courage and strength of the water tribe and loyalty and diligence of the fire nation.

He was so excited to see the young men they'll become.

"Grandpa I'll miss you," ren went for his hug now and iroh embraced him just as tight.

"Oh I will miss you my little ren," he hummed. Zuko smiled watching how his uncle glowed to be around children, he was meant to be a grandfather, he had so much love for his family Zuko was happy that he was able to give his uncle the grandchildren he loved.

"I'll keep in touch, send me all your plans and updates, feel free to stop by," Zuko shook sokkas hand as Katara was waiting on appa to take them home.

"I will, I already sent a hawk out to Mai and also Ty Lee back on kyoshi," sokka smiled giving his hand a firm squeeze.

"Aw bring it in buddy! I haven't seen you in forever since we found you as a daddy," Sokka pulled him in for a hug. Zuko grunted surprised by the hug but patted Sokkas back accepting it.

"Don't call me that," he mumbled.

"Did you say bye to everyone?" Zuko asked turning to the twins as iroh refused to let them go.

"Almost," aito said unamused as he was over the affection.

"Chief Hakoda!" Aito was let go and went to say good bye to his other grandfather. Hakoda heard his name and smiled picking up the blue eye boy.

"Ah I'm finally worthy of your presence little warrior?" Hakoda tossed him in the air and caught the laughing toddler.

"Are you coming to our birthdays?" Aito placed his hands on hakodas cheeks to get an answer from the chief.

"I never miss it kid," Hakoda whispered back smiling.

"I'll see you soon, be good for me," Hakoda walked with him on his hip and handed the boy back to Zuko.

"Bye bye grandpa, bye Chief Hakoda!" Ren high fived the chief as Iroh chuckled.

"I'll miss you too ren, I'll see you all soon," Hakoda ruffled his hair and messed it up to cover the boys eyes.

Zuko let ren talk to his grandfathers as he climbed up appa with aito clinging onto his front like a koala monkey. Aito sat on his own this time less afraid of the flying bison.

"Ren we're going," zuko called down.

"Okay! Coming pops!" Ren yelled back.

"Bye I miss you grandpa," he whispered quickly to Iroh before running full speed up appas tail and jumped in.

"I'll be back after I drop them off," Katara told her father and brother.

"Have fun sugar queen, you two better not fight," Toph grinned as she joined the send off.

The both flipped her off even if she couldn't see it.

"Appa yipp yipp," Katara snapped the reins and took off as the twins held onto the sides of the saddle and Zuko sat against the back.

The twins sat in the middle of the large saddle once they were safe in the clouds and played together with their stuffed animals while Zuko watched their imaginations wonder in their own little worlds. He smiled seeing how silly they were, no embarrassment if they sounded unrealistic. He did question some of the choices they made in their imaginations but it was harmless otherwise. He notice Katara laugh at some of the things they did as well.

"Mind if I observe?" Katara asked quietly as she stayed on appas head and rested her elbows on the saddle from the outside.

Zuko hesitated but nodded to allow her to pay attention to what the kids did while they didn't even notice. It was a bit boring of a ride so they both needed the entertainment and distraction.

Katara had a soft smile on her face as she watched the children play too, it hurt to watch them but she did want to take it all in. She knew it was her own fault to just now meet her own children she gave birth too but her heart did feel for how she hurt these innocent boys. They didn't deserve her abandonment. But she was so grateful to Zuko for how he raised them. There was never a doubt in her mind he was a blessing of a father, she planned her future with him at a time in her life. She never questioned if he would be even if it was one of his biggest fears.

And seeing these children now. If she could do it again she wouldn't even think about leaving them. How could she?

She just saw a glimpse of what their love created and they were beautiful.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro