Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

( I WANT YOU )

BUNKER MAIN ROOM
[ ☼ ]

Dean is seen sitting at a table as Elena comes in. "Hey, did you know we had a pool room? The water was a little murky but I cleaned it." She says.

"Awesome." Dean says, not really looking.

Elena walks up to him. "Are you okay?" She asks.

"Yeah. I'm fine."

"No, you're not Dean." Elena says.

"What's it matter to you anyway? It's not like I got anything else to live for."

"Don't say that." Elena says.

"It's true. And it'll always be that way."

OUTSIDE BUNKER
[ ☼ ]

Sam and Caroline are seen walking in the woods. "So you're following me now?" Caroline asks.

"Just wondering where you're going." Sam says.

"When I heard the news about my mother, I buried something out here." Caroline says.

"Why?"

Caroline sighs. "It was a teddy bear she gave me when I was a kid. I just thought I might give it to her to have a little piece of me while she's stuck in that place." She says.

"Hey. Is that an arm?" Sam asks.

"Where?" Caroline asks.

"Right there. Little to the left, little to the left. Right there, righ—" Sam starts. "...oh, ohh. Sorry. It was just a leaf."

"Is this funny to you?"

"Well, we are in the middle of the woods, searching for a Teddy bear buried in a shallow grave by you." He says. "I can't even say that with a straight face, so, yeah, that is funny."

"I hate you." Caroline says.

"Yeah, you've already established that." Sam says. "You have more ground to cover."

"You're a jerk."

"Jerk, huh?" Sam asks.

"Yeah." She says.

"Oh, you sound angry."

"I'm not angry, OK?" Caroline says. "I'm just annoyed because I am going through a highly emotional situation right now, and you're just sitting there, mocking me."

"Definitely angry."

"I'm not angry, OK?" She says.

"Well, you should be. Your Mom is dying, and you're sitting here trying to make it all better by finding a stuffed animal?" Sam asks.

Caroline shoves him. "Shut up!" She yells.

"That make you feel better?"

"No." She says out of breath.

"Try again." Stefan says.

Caroline shoves him again. "Screw you!" She yells. Then she begins crying angrily and kicks a tree.

"That's good. Get it out." Sam says as Caroline trips him as he falls to the ground. She laughs at him, but he trips her also. They lie next to each other, laughing.

"Oof!" Caroline yells and they still lie there, both groaning. "I cannot believe you just did that."

"Well, you started it." Sam says. "Felt good, though, didn't it?"

"Maybe a little." Caroline says.

Caroline stands outside, looking at the sunrise. Sam joins her. "Apparently, my mom chose today to tackle an entire career worth of cold cases." She says. "Hmm, well, they're gonna have a lot of catching up to do."

"So, I realize it doesn't matter." Sam says.

"What doesn't matter?"

"It doesn't matter what book your mom reads in her final precious moments. It doesn't matter if it's good or if it's terrible." He said. "It doesn't matter because life isn't about your final moments. It's about the moments that led up to them."

"I know. I just wanted it to be perfect, you know? I just wanted..." Caroline starts.

"Control?" Sam asks.

"I know that she asked you to look after me." Caroline says.

"Caroline, that's not what..." Sam starts.

"I'm ok with it, really. I'm glad, actually, because I don't know if I would be able to get through this on my own."

"I'm not here because your mom asked me to look after you." Sam says.

"Then why are you here?" Caroline asks.

"Well, because you're my friend, because I know what it feels like to lose a mother..." Sam says and Caroline sighs. "...and because when you told me you hated me, that was pretty much the worst thing I had heard in a long time."

"I think we both know I never really hated you." Caroline says as they stare at each other.

"I like you, Caroline." Sam says. "And I haven't felt this strongly of someone since..."

"Elena?" Caroline finishes. "Yeah, like that's such a great example."

"Look, I've learned from my mistakes." Sam says. "When Elena and I broke up? Totally my fault. But you're not Elena, and I'm not the same old Sam who was stupid enough to let her go. And I'll be damned if I made that same mistake again."

"What are you saying?" Caroline asks as Sam leans in to kiss her. When they pull away, they're both smiling. "One of us should probably say something."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro