Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Days passes by slowly, but they still went by like a breeze. It's already my birthday. I only hope that none of the nurses would celebrate it like last year, it's touching but it's also a countdown for my death anyway.

I glance in surprise to see Reborn again. "I thought it's Tsuna's turn?"

He shruggs, "He skipped too many times and he's being guarded by his loyal puppy to do his paperworks." He smirks.

I sweatdrops, "Well he is the boss."

"Shall we go then?" I nodded as once again he took control of my wheel chair. "Anything in mind?"

"None," I mumble out. "Where should we go today?" I asks, body leaning to the back and head looking upwards to see Reborn's face.

"Where would you like to go?"

I thought for a while, for the past 23- 24 years I've already seen almost all places in Sicily. Almost everyday, which made me -kind of- bored with them. "Any suggestion?"

"Anything you would like to see?"

I shrugg, "Not really. Anywhere would be fine."

He hummed and led me to where ever he think of. "Reborn, don't you have a job too?"

"I do."

"Aren't you busy with your work then?"

Reborn looks towards me, and I return the look. "I am. Today might be the last time we see each other before I'll take off to somewhere."

I feel my chest tightened a bit, "Oh." Why did I feel that way? I'm not sure. "Do your best then."

He just nodded.

The rest of the journey was filled with comfortable silent. I couldn't think of any topic.

I'm disappointed that I perhaps wouldn't be able to see him again ain't I? But perhaps, this is for the best. He'll be less attached to me.. right?

I paused as I saw the shop infront of me. A ring shop? I could hear Reborn chuckling at my respond, "Surprised?"

"Very. Why are we here?" If possible I would like to run away, since I've told that I didn't want to feel more attached and hope he won't be attached to me.

"Buying you a ring, obviously." He pushed me inside the shop, which actually screams of rich stuff. "A matching ring would be lovely." He winked.

I shook my head, "I won't use it." I quickly rejected. "I thought I've already said it. I don't want you nor Tsuna, and myself to be attached." I retorts.

"I wonder what kind of ring will be good." He mumble out, ignoring me. "What kind of ring do you want? Plain one or with stones?"

It irks me so much that he's ignoring me. "None." I gritted, "You should ask your future wife. Not me."

"Plain silver rings? I'm thinking about them too."

I held the feeling of wanting to punch Reborn so much right now. "Reborn-"

I was cutted of when he reached for my wrists, "I'm persistent. I've told you." He smirks, "And I don't mind if you don't wear them, I'm thinking of buying chains necklace so you can wear it as a necklace."

I half pouted, "Whatever." I turned my face to the other way. "You should just search for another woman rather than sticking with me.." I mumble out, glaring at the grounds.

Reborn continued to ask for my opinion where I stayed silent, not answering any of his questions. We spent all of our time in this useless ring shop, with me ignoring him as revenge.

I looked at my fingers, I've always fixed on thinking I'll die so I never think of any boys, espescially since I also always alone in the hospital.

Meeting Tsuna and Reborn did turn me more aware of those feelings I've never got to feel before, but I deny them all since I don't want to make them feel sad when I pass on.

I bit my lip, I need to search for a way.. wait, Reborn's leaving. For his job. That only leaves Tsuna then. He lived in Italy right? As the Decimo. But I wonder which part of Italy?

If Reborn leaves, won't that mean Tsuna would too? They're always together aren't they?

...I don't like this. I feel weird, and it's uncomfortable. I frown to myself.

"[Name], will you stop ignoring me and get out from your little world?" I turn my head towards Reborn.

Removing my frown, placing it with a pout and huffed, "Fine." I've finally realised that we're almost back to the hospital. "Reborn, can you drop me off here instead of inside?" I mumble out, since I didn't want to come now. It's noon, but the nurses had their shifts and all..

Some might even are waiting for me to ambush me and celebrates my birthday.

"Why?"

I can't tell him, obviously. But if I don't, we'll arrive soon. It's not like I hated them celebrating. I'm happy, but still..

"I don't feel like going back early today," I reasoned out, spilling lies easily. "Also, I want some peace for myself today." That one isn't a lie.

Reborn hummed, but I can tell he's not changing the direction. "Reborn!" I called him out, but he didn't falter. "Please Reborn, please?"

Reborn glanced at me just for a while. "No." He told. "I've heard from the nurses, it's your birthday today isn't it?"

I froze, so he knew.

I bit my lip and sighed, "Yes it is, that's why I'm not going back early." I told him, honestly now.

"Why not?" He shruggs, "Have fun while you can right?"

I frown, "I just, don't like it."

"Why?"

"I don't know! I just don't like it." I voiced out, "I'm happy they're celebrating, but I don't feel like celebrating them when I don't have anyone."

"You have them."

"They're payed for doing it."

"Then, you have me now."

I looked at him in disbelief, "Are you being serious now?" He smirks as a reply. "I can't believe you." I face palmed.

"I can't believe you're that pessimistic."

I stared at the hospital, "I've been like this ever since I knew I'll die young."

"I won't let you die." He shruggs as I once again sighed.

------------------

14 January 2020

Published 2 February 2020

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro