Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Saw this storyline, not mine (it's Chris Marie Green's). But I made a few changes so enjoy!

Tratie

1742 words
•••

Cheers fill the cafeteria and I can't help but smile.

I've always wanted to be the student council president. And my wish was nearly accomplished when I hear the crowd of students chant "Katie! Katie!"

My grin grows wider on my face, but it's quickly erased when my worst nightmare steps out of the crowd and into my peripheral vision.

Travis Stoll

He pumps a fist into the air and smiles at me.

"Overthrow the establishment!" He yelled, immediately getting the crowd's attention "Choose the anarchy instead!"

He still had a challenging grin, making me want to march up to him and slap it off of his face.

He's such a jerk. Not to mention, a cocky jerk. Didn't help that he was a hot, cocky jerk. But I'm just not into rebels and himbos like him. And I'm definitely not going to let him ruin my campaign.

I eye his black shirt, dark blue jeans and leather jacket and smooth my dark green sweater and blue, ripped jeans.

"I'm hardly an establishment, Travis" I shoot a glare his way

"Seriously?" He smirks at me "You act like you're the principal of this school"

I feel my glare turn steelier at his next words. "Nothing is more establishment than that"

"Well yes, I'm sure you know exactly how our principal acts like, seeing that you're constantly being sent to her office"

Some of the students in the crowd goes 'Ooh' and Travis raises an eyebrow and I roll my eyes "Are you done jeering me? Because I'm a little busy over here"

"Yeah, I'm noticing that you have a rally" He didn't back down "And I'd like to ask you some questions"

Here we go

"You said you want to upgrade the media center-"

"Yes, we need the best environment for studying and-"

"Boring!" He boomed

I blinked. "What?"

"Media centers are boring" He ran a hand through the curls in his hair "If you wanna win, why don't you come up with something that'll excite your voters?"

"Oh really, Mr. Know It All?" I put my hands on my hips "Then what should my campaign platform be then?"

His mischievous grin grows "How about free Flamin' Hot Cheetos for lunch everyday?"

Some kids laugh and my anger grows. And I wonder if it's illegal to throttle someone.

Don't let him get to you Katie

I take a breath and ignore the unnecessary nuisance. Luckily, the lunch bell rings right then and I walk out the cafeteria. Unfortunately, Travis is trailing right behind me. "So, I'm assuming no free Hot Cheetos?"

I don't look back at him "You're very persistent"

"I'm gonna pretend like I know what that word means"

I can't help but crack a grin at that. He shuffled quickly causing him to walk right next to me.

"Katie Kat,"

"Katie Kat?" I ask him with a raised eyebrow

"I'm only trying to give you campaign advice" He ignores my previous question "If you lighten up a little, you might even win"

Stopping in the middle of the hallway, I glare at him again "Are you saying I'm too tedious to lead the school?"

Travis smirks "I mean, if the perfectly polished shoe fits"

Still glaring, I let out an irritated huff "Listen, if I'm too uptight to get your vote, maybe you should run for president"

"Maybe I will" His smirk grows wider

I bust out laughing and his smirk disappears and his eyes narrow "You don't think I could beat you in an election?"

"No offense Trav-"

"Trav?" he cut me off

"You wouldn't have a single vote"

"Sure about that?" He steps closer to me and crosses his arms

"Positive" As we lock eyes, a shiver goes down my spine and I start to tingle. I swallow thickly and when Travis blinks, it's like he could feel it too. But we're complete opposites. He was the stereotypical class clown and I was always at the top of my class.

Nothing could ever happen between us.

He proves this by giving me a ruthless grin. "Okay, Katie Kat"

"I thought I was the principal of establishment"

He chuckled lowly at me "You're on"

"Like I said," I cross my arms and shake my head at him "you won't win"

"I hardly believe that" The minute bell rings as soon as he said that

"Prepare to lose the election" Travis smirked one last time

"Give it your best shot, clown" I said turning to go into my Algebra II class. "May the best candidate win"

===

By the end of the day, Travis has posters all over the school walls saying 'A VOTE FOR TRAVIS IS A VOTE FOR FREE HOT CHEETOS!'

Surely, everyone will think of it as a joke. But for some reason, people start buzzing about his campaign.

The next day, I find empty Hot Cheeto bags plastered all over my posters. I tear them off, only to find what's written underneath them. 'A VOTE FOR KATIE IS A VOTE FOR BORING!'

My campaign retaliates by pasting new posters all over his.

It's on Stoll

===

When the day of the debate arrives, the whole school buzzed about our battle.

Travis and I overshadowed the other opponents with our rivalry, and they all dropped out. Leaving only Travis and me.

I can't wait to make a fool out of him on stage in front of the school. As I walk to the podium, I can hear the murmur of the students behind the closed curtain. I looked over at Travis' podium and he's already there gazing down at his phone. He must have sensed me staring at him because he glances up and smirks at me.

Why does he have to be so cute when he smirks?

Did I just think that?

"This is your last chance Katie Kat" He puts his phone in his pocket "Surrender now or be destroyed"

"Beating you is gonna be so easy" I let out an airy laugh "You don't even have any notecards prepared"

Travis gives me a playful grin "Are you calling me irresponsible Katie Kat?"

Is he flirting?

"I mean, if the leather jacket fits" I grin

Am I flirting back?

"Well, at least I'm not programmed to recite some boring speech, unlike some candidates I know" His eyes travel to my white sweater and then pan down to my skirt.

Is he..checking me out?

My heart pounds as I walk up to him. "I'm warning you Travis, by the end of this debate, I'll have you exposed for the joke you are"

"Oh yeah?" He leans closer to me "If I'm the joke, why are you so afraid I'll beat you?"

"I'm not afraid" I scowl

I lean closer and we're centimeters apart. I look at his eyes and noticed how pretty of a blue color they are.

Ok, I'm getting off topic

"You've had your fun, but it's time to be honest," I clench my fists "you don't care about this school, you just wanna tick me off. Admit it, and we'll call this thing off"

"But I was looking forward to getting you all riled up," He smiles innocently at me "just like you are right now"

My heart pounds harder and the next second, I realize his eyes travel down to my lips. There's something different in his eyes. Well, more like something's different here.

I've never seen Travis so quiet. His eyes travel back to mine and my pulse speeds up. Next thing I know, I grab the collar of his leather jacket, pull him towards me and connect our lips together. To my surprise, he instinctively kisses me back. This quickly turns into a very hot make out session.

Holy crap

When I pull away, Travis looks at me stunned.

What did I just do?

"Uhm- I uh, that was weird" I stutter out my words quickly "I might just be stressed out about this debate or-"

He grabs my waist, pulling me to him and connects our lips together again. When he does, my world spins. My hands leave his collar and they settle in his curly hair, pulling him closer. Sparks fly and the shiver going down my spine comes back.

Then we pull apart and I can't help but want to feel his lips on mine again.

Travis' eyes are filled with an intense emotion "Look Katie, I've always wanted to tell you-"

He stops and looks toward the front of the stage. I follow his gaze and discovered something horrific.

While we were squabbling, the curtains opened and the whole school was watching us.

Oh god

Everyone just saw me making out with my opponent. I cringe but then someone in the crowd calls out "Finally!"

Another voice could be heard "You two were so obvious that you had the hots for each other!" 

People started yelling out but one voice was the loudest out of all of them "Why don't you two lovebirds just become presidents together?"

Everyone hummed in agreement and then cheered.

I feel my face heat up when the crowd starts to chant "Together! Together! Together!"

I realize that my hands were still around his neck and Travis's arms were still around my waist. I look at him and there were two pink spots on his cheeks.

Is the Travis Stoll blushing?

"I started to tell you Katie," He said as his arms never let me go "I only ran for office because I knew it would irritate you, I didn't take it seriously. But now," he pulled me closer to his chest "I don't have to be such a shitty-"

"Language Trav" I mutter putting my hands on his chest and angle my head to look up at him. He smiles and leans down to chastely kiss me. I heard some whistles come from the crowd, but I was too focused on him to care.

"I know how much being president means to you, so it's all yours"

"Wait" I said while slightly backing away from him, but keeping my hands on his chest. "Shouldn't we listen to our voters on this?"

Still, they're chanting "Together! Together!"

"Maybe they're right" I shrug shyly

Travis pulls me closer again with a hopeful smile on his face "Together?"

My grin grows and I nod "Together"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro