4 - You made a man this fragile. You made a heart that can break.

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Survive first. Figure out crayon drawing of destiny later." - Rick Riordan, The Lost Hero

Leo didn't feel the same as he did when he died before. He felt free. Like he was floating, it was like a sleep-trance. His arms felt a bit heavy, as if small but if cement had bonded with his bones. He couldn't hear anything. No screams. No breathing. Nothing.

Then, he sadly realized he wasn't dead. Just alive and back to suffering life. Fun he thought sarcastically.

Leo then opened his eyelids hesitantly. The eye socket that held the eye that he gauged out felt heavy. He could hear again. Hear his beating heart and his breathing, much to his disappointment.

"You really hurt yourself badly, Valdez."

Leo grimaced, hands going to his head. He froze, his fingers running over something rough, something solid. "They're shadows." Nico stated, watching Leo as he stared. "W-What?" His voice was raspy, and his face felt crusty.

Leo's hands moved down to his cheek. He swallowed dryly and Nico walked closer to him. The son of Hades observing Leo, shoulders trembling as he struggled to keep up his strength. "What's on my face? Tell me the truth!" Leo's voice still sounded rough, but it wasn't as weak as it was before.

"Shadows." Nico answered, his muscles tensed as he felt himself weaken. "Sha-Shadows?" Leo stammered, hands moving from the dried blood on his face to his eyes.

"You need to get Will."

"Why?" Leo demanded, hands heating up. "My shadows won't block your pain receptors forever." Leo grimaced and have a twisted grin. "Still a no." He answered, his hands now smoking. "Leo... what're you doing?" Nico's voice quivered a little.

Leo could see that he was growing tired. The son of Hades hadn't moved, but his eyes widened. "You're taking all your strength to keep these shadows on me." He observed, Nico glancing to Leo's hands as they set ablaze.

"I will burn you." Leo growled, "So take the shadows off and let me suffer. Or I'll burn you so bad you'll lose control and we'll both die."

"Leo-"

"Just let me feel death again! Let me die and cease to exist after! Let me burn and smell the scent of flesh roasting! Let me see flakes of my skin charred and floating around me!" Leo screamed, tears falling down one side of his face.

Nico shook his head.

"No." He whimpered, "You need help. We can get you–"

"If you want to help me then kill me!"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro