8- And why does my life have to hurt so much?

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Leo you can't just drop the topic!" Piper shouted as Leo scrambled to get up. Leo involuntarily let out a nervous laugh. He was desperately looking on something to change her focus.

"I didn't mean.. die.. I, uh, meant that I tie dyed!" His lie was as smooth as the rocks that bottomed the lake. Piper tugged at his wrist. He winced and pulled away as Piper then pulled at his tool belt.

"Stop I'm naked under this!"

"Nothing I haven't seen before, Leo. Help me up you crazy!"

Leo pulled her up and distanced himself. He took two steps back and Piper glares at him.

"You said, and I quote, Yeah and I died! What else is that suppose to mean?!" Piper had her hands on her hips. Her eyes radiated a saddened anger that Leo couldn't quite identify. Her choppy hair fell over her shoulders as she leaned to him.

"And before you say anything, I know tor a fact that you don't do tie dye." Pipers voice was sharper. The sweet tone she carried fled to a land far away, and in its place was a demonic Piper.

"I wanted to try it again! No biggie, Beauty Queen!" Leo knew calling her that would make her more angry. It was his last ditch attempt to shift her attention away from his slip up.

"Nice try but I know you, Valdez. What do you mean you died?"

Leo felt his chest ache. His hands started to heat up again. He could sense his head starting to smoke.

"The infirmary is on fire."

"What the fuck, Leo?!"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro