09 ✧ 나재민

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Na Jaemin's POV

We decided to run to the park, hiding in the corner where pot smokers go at night so Areum could explain everything. The adrenaline rush started to die down, and the realisation of what we we're doing began to settle in. Fuck me, we're actually running away.

"Okay," Mark took a deep breath as we all collapsed on the floor, gasping for air after running a long way. "What the hell is going on Areum?" We all sat down on the ground in a circle, shrugging our jackets over our shoulders since it was cold. Areum sighed deeply, taking her time to think before speaking. Her tear-stained face glowed a slight tinge of red since it was cold outside.

"Last night," She began. "Jaemin and I went outside to get some air when we met a strange guy called Joon." I see. She's telling them the whole story. "He told us to deliver this strange package to an address two minutes away," she stopped, looking around. Everyone was waiting in anticipation for what she was about to say. "And he handed me a million won."

"Oh my god." The guys gasped, eyes wide. "Do you still have it?" Haechan glanced between the two of us, and she reached into the pocket of my jacket that she was wearing, the same one from last night. She pulled out the wad of notes, but only slightly, causing the guys to gasp again.
"What was in the package that was worth that much?" Chenle asked, eyes bulging out of his sockets.
"That's the thing." I sighed. "We had no clue at the time. We just went along and did it. It wasn't until we got there, and the guy started unpacking it in front of us did we realise that.."

"It was heroin." Areum spoke up after noticing my hesitations. The guys were speechless.
"Oh my god." Jisung whispered.
"You'll go to prison!" Jeno whisper-yelled.
"W-why did you do that?" Renjun asked. "If a strange guy gives you that much money for a package that you don't know the contents of why would you associate yourselves with it?"
"We didn't know what we were doing." Areum told him. "I was drunk. Jaemin wasn't thinking. It happens."

"So what are we gonna do?" Chenle asked. "Should we go back and just explain the situation to them?"
"There's no point in that." Mark piped up. "Dealing Class A drugs is a prison sentence of 14 years for adults. I imagine it'll be less for kids, but then you have to remember that Areum was drunk, which is also illegal."
"The orphanage would get in a lot of trouble too." Jeno added. "Which means-"
"Hoseok could get fired." Areum butted in. "He's responsible for the eight of us, and we've let him down. We can't go back there."

"So what should we do?" Renjun sighed. "We don't have anywhere to go. Where would we sleep at night?"
"We could rent a room somewhere?" I suggested.
"That sounds like a bad idea." Jeno told me. "The police will be looking for us, planting ourselves in a room would be easy work for them."
"And rent prices are insanely high nowadays." Areum added. "We'd only be able to stay a few weeks tops with what we have, and that's not including food."

"How long are we planning to stay away?" Mark asked after a short hesitation.
"Well," Areum sighed. "However long we last."
"So, forever?" Chenle gulped; everyone was on edge and scared.
"Probably." Renjun's voice was quiet, and everyone became silent, succumbing to their own thoughts.

There we sat in silence; the eight of us not knowing what to do. We can't go back to the orphanage or Areum and I will go to prison. We really are screwed. We'll end up having to leave town, sleep on the streets, do illegal jobs to earn money so we can eat...

"I have an idea." Jisung spoke up after a long time. "What if we buy a motorhome?"
"A motorhome?" Haechan asked.
"Think about it." Jisung began. "We're on the run, so having a moving home is ideal, plus Mark has his license so we're not doing anything illegal."
"He has a point." Mark added. "I can drive one of those."

"How can we afford one of those?" Jeno asked. "Aren't they expensive?"
"Have you guys seen the junkyard?" I asked. "There's like five of them there. I'm sure we can get one off the junkyard owner for dirt cheap."

"And what do we do about food and water?" Haechan asked. "We'll eventually run out of money, so we'll run out of food, and water's not free either." At least three people had their head in their hands, all of us in some state of despair.
"We'll just have to do odd jobs around the place for money." Areum suggested.
"Oh and that went great for you last time didn't it?" Renjun retorted, glaring at Areum angrily.

"Renjun." I piped up. "We can't be arguing right now, we have to sort out what the fuck we're gonna do."
"We wouldn't have to do this if you would've just been sensible and ignored the fucking drug dealer!"
"Hey!" Mark yelled, causing us to go quiet. "Shut up. None of us need an argument right now. What's happened has happened, and there's nothing we can change about that now."

"You guys can go back." Areum mumbled, her head down. "It's only Jaemin and I they're after, you guys can go back to the orphanage." The guys were silent for a while. I guess she's right. She must be feeling like a burden on the rest of the guys; to be honest I am a little as well.
"She's right." I told them. "You six aren't gonna get in trouble. There's no point in wasting your lives for nothing."

"What, and leave you two to fend for yourselves?" Jisung asked, laughing slightly. "We'd all have to be insane to do that."
"Like you'd be any help Jisung." Haechan added, and a few people started chuckling.
"We can't let you two leave alone." Mark told us seriously. "That's not what friends do."
"To be honest I think we've all passed the friendship stage at this point." Jeno added. "I see you all as brothers."
"And.. a sister." Renjun turned to face Areum, bearing a small smile on his face.

"Should we head off to the junkyard?" Mark asked, looking around at everyone before standing up off the floor. The rest of us followed suit, picking up our bags and setting off on the hour long walk to the junkyard. We had to walk through alleyways and stay away from roads to avoid getting spotted by police cars, so it took longer than expected, but we eventually arrived.

The junkyard owner was a kind old man sprouting a grey beard and adorning old, worn down clothes. His shaggy appearance did not dampen his spirit however, as he seemed glad to receive guests. When we asked about a motorhome, his eyes sparkled in delight as he showed us his large collection of old vehicles. After looking at a few, we came across the largest but most worn down one.

"Now this girl is old." He laughed, tapping the front of the vehicle lightly. "There's lots of them around, so finding spare parts won't be difficult." We nodded, and he continued. "It's a 6 berth, but you're all small so there shouldn't really be a problem." He laughed again, before showing a few of us inside. At this point Jisung, Chenle, Areum and Haechan had gotten bored at looking for a home, and we're messing around near a pile of scrap metal somewhere.

"The front has three seats, a driver and two passenger." He told us. "You've got a kitchen on your left fit with a gas stove and oven, a working sink and a working fridge. The bathroom works perfectly too, but it does smell a bit."
"So how could we all sleep in here?" Mark asked the man.

"Well." He smiled. "At the back there's a double bed, so two of you can sleep there. There's also a triple bunk next to it, so that's another three." He then stopped for a moment to think. "This table folds down and you move these cushions to make a bed. It's meant for one but you could fit two on there, and up above the drivers seat is storage right now but you can turn it into another bed."

"And what about water and gas, how to we use those in here?" Jeno asked.
"Don't use them whilst driving." He ordered. "But underneath the van there's pipes you can connect your gas and water supplies to so you can use the stove and shower and such. You can buy gas for pennies at a gas station; gas is really cheap nowadays since no one uses it anymore, and large 20 litre water bottles can be bought in some stores."

"It sounds pretty good." Renjun whispered, and we all nodded.
"Let us talk it over with the babies outside first." Mark told the junkyard owner, causing him to chuckle. In the end we decided to buy the vehicle, and he even threw in a free mattress for the area above the drivers seat. We paid with the money Areum had from that night, leaving us with about a million won left from all our pocket money saved over the years combined.

"Have a nice trip!" The man smiled, waving us off as we jumped into the vehicle and set off. Mark was driving, Jeno and Renjun sat in the front with him, and the rest of us sat on the table and chairs inside the van. Jisung, Chenle and Haechan sat on one side whilst Areum and I sat opposite them. We'd been driving for a while, and Areum had fallen asleep leaning on the wall of the van whilst the four of us chatted together.

"Let's discuss where we're all gonna sleep." Haechan suggested, leaning against the table. We'd all agreed to drive to a more secluded place out of the city where we could park up for the night, and in the meantime we had time to kill. "I call dibs on the middle bunk."
"I'm on the bottom bunk." Jisung called out.
"I wanna go up there!" Chenle pointed up to the storage area where we'd carelessly thrown the mattress, that needed to be sorted out.

"I'll go on the top bunk." I told them.
"Sorry, Mark hyung said he was sleeping there." Jisung sighed sarcastically at me.
"And we all know the couple of the house Renjun and Jeno get the double bed." Haechan smirked.
"Leaving you," Chenle pointed at me, and then at Areum. "And her, to sleep here." He then pointed down to his seat, trying his best not to laugh.

"Hey, come on." I sighed. "That's not fair."
"Why not?" Haechan shrugged, the three of them chuckling silently as to not wake Areum.
"Shouldn't Areum get one of the bunks?" I asked them.
"Well she should've been awake when we decided." Jisung sighed. "It's not our problem she's tired."
"You guys are ruthless I swear." I mumbled, leaning on the table with my head in my hands.

"Try not to get too hard at night~" Haechan cooed, causing the younger ones to laugh like crazy. I know that Chenle and Jisung don't know about my crush on Areum, but Haechan does, and sometimes it feels like the other two do too.

We arrived at some random car park in the middle of nowhere, in it were two cars and another motorhome that was the exact same type as ours. The guy wasn't lying when he said this model was everywhere. Areum had woken up by now, and the sleeping situation had been explained to her. She just shrugged it off, joking about me getting a boner just like Haechan did.

The van came with one gas canister, and Jisung had packed around 20 packets of instant ramen in his bag, so for dinner we decided to have a go at cooking on the gas stove. Obviously that was left to me, and I think I did a pretty good job. We ate outside, the space being dark but lit by a street lamp conveniently placed right next to where we parked.

"So, where should we go tomorrow?" Mark asked, glancing around for suggestions.
"I have no idea." Jeno sighed, looking up. "We could literally go wherever we wanted."
"I have an idea." Areum suggested. "It's kinda personal, but no one else is coming up with suggestions."
"Where is it?" Mark asked.

"When I met that Joon guy he said he knew where my mum lived, and gave me an address for a block of apartments in Gwangju."
"Gwangju?" Haechan asked. "That's ages away."
"I guess it'd be good to get out of Seoul." I added. "I don't mind going."
"Neither." Renjun smiled. "It gives us some kind of purpose instead of just roaming around."

"How do we know it's not just a trap?" Mark asked. "We can't trust that Joon."
"Well we won't know if we don't try." Chenle told him.
"Is it okay if we go then?" Areum asked, and everyone nodded.

"Do you recon anyone's in that van over there?" Jisung asked, gesturing towards the identical van on the other side of the car park.
"It looks empty, why?" Mark asked.
"Do you think we should switch the number plates around? Just in case the police find out we bought a motorhome, they'll think it's that one and not this one."
"That's a really good idea." Areum spoke up. "Look at you and your genius mind Jisung."

"We can't do that!" Renjun whisper-yelled. "We don't know who the owner is, and they could get really mad."
"It's like midnight, they won't know if we're sneaky." Jeno told him.
"Are there any cameras around?" I asked, looking around.
"No, I checked this place out before when it was light." Mark told us. "Those cars that were parked here before were probably drug dealers or a couple looking for a quiet place to bang. They wouldn't do those things with cameras around."

"He's got a point." Areum stated. "Let's just do it now and get it over with."
"I'll get up really early tomorrow and drive off before the owner has a chance to wake up." Mark added. "You can all stay in bed, I'll drive extra slow."
"Sounds like a plan." I smiled.

The changing of number plates went successfully. We managed to peek inside the window of the other motorhome, and saw one man fast asleep, surrounded by burnt out splints and cans of beer, so we decided he wasn't going to wake up for a long time.

We all changed into pyjamas, settling down into bed. Me and Areum stared at each other blankly after setting up the bed, then sighing in disappointment.
"How are we both gonna fit on there?" Areum placed her hands on her hips, thinking deeply.
"We could sleep top and tail." I suggested.
"Eww, no. Your feet smell." She replied, sitting on the bed.
"So do yours." I retorted.
"Not as bad as you though." She sassed back, and I just sighed.

"You could spoon me." She mumbled, keeping her voice low.
"S-spoon?" I stuttered. "Really?"
"Got a better idea?" She asked, folding her arms. I opened my mouth, but she interrupted before I could speak. "And top and tail is not a better idea."
"Nope." I replied. "I got nothing." We stayed like this for a few more seconds in silence, until.

"Well lie down then." She gestured towards the bed, looking a tad impatient.
"Alright then." I joked, climbing into the bed and leaning on my right side, pushing my back against the wall. Areum climbed in after me, facing her back towards me and keeping a big space between the both of us.

"Are you all the way over?" She mumbled, shuffling around. "I'm falling off the edge here." I chuckled to myself, feeling like being risky.
"That's because you haven't quite got the hang of spooning yet." I sighed, placing my arm around her waist and pulling her closer. "Better?"

"Fuck off." She huffed, shoving my arm off her waist and refusing to turn around and look at me. I had my head propped up on my right hand, leaning my elbow against the pillow.
"Goodnight." I whispered, sneakily wrapping my arm back round her waist. I got no reply, and my arm wasn't moved away by her, so I relaxed my head down on the pillow.
"Night." She eventually whispered in reply.

In our group we're all best friends, but within that group we each have someone we're closest to. Obviously Renjun and Jeno are close, Mark and Haechan are also close, and Jisung and Chenle make a good combination since they're both in the same year. That leaves me and Areum, and I'd say that besides Renjun and Jeno who are probably dating behind our backs, Areum and I are the closest out of everyone. Obviously this situation is a little awkward, but I don't think she minds too much since we are really close. If it were someone else she might have refused entirely.

I know that Areum's also close with Jisung and Haechan, mostly because of how free spirited they both are. I'm also extremely close to Jeno, and he's the person I rely on for guy support, what I can't get from Areum. Obviously she can't get any girl support, but Chenle is the the next best thing, so she always talks to him for the really girly stuff, but she talks to me for most of it.

The next day I was woken up by Areum, who jumped out of the bed as fast as possible and ran to the bathroom. I could've sworn she stumbled at one point, since Mark was already up and driving the van, Chenle and Renjun sat up front with him since they woke up earlier too.

After about five minutes she came back out, lifting up all the covers and looking under them.
"What the fuck?" I mumbled, hugging my legs. "Areum it's fucking cold."
"Thank fuck I didn't leak." She whispered, sighing in relief.
"Leak?" I asked, sitting up. "Did you fucking piss yourself?"
"Die in a hole." She whacked me across the head. "I started my period."

"Eweweweweee." I jumped off the bed, hugging the quilt and nearly falling on my ass as we turned a corner.
"I just said I didn't leak!" She yelled at me, hitting me again on the chest.
"Who leaked?" Jisung asked, rubbing his eye.
"I will beat you." She held her first up at Jisung, who immediately retreated back into his bunk.
"Eww Areum you leaked?" Haechan teased, poking his head out of the bunk.
"No she didn't." I told him seriously, since it suddenly looked like she was about to cry. "Nothing happened."

Areum sat down on the bed, looking as if she were in pain.
"Can you get the pain killers I kept from the other day?" She asked, hunched over. I did so, quickly making a glass of water for her as well.
"Do you have your things?" I asked, and she shook her head, knowing what I was on about. Oh no.

I opened the little hatch between the drivers seat and the rest of the home.
"Mark. Can you pull over at the next gas station? We need to get some things."
"Like what?" He asked. "We have enough food."
"Like important girl things." I replied, my voice low.
"Oh shit." He mumbled. "Uh, sure."
"We might as well do some shopping while we're there." Renjun suggested, and we all agreed, setting off to get our things.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro