31. The Bratva and the Flash

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Leonard didn't remember falling asleep, but when he opened his eyes Gideon had informed him it was now mid-afternoon -- according to Siberia's time frame anyways.

So, he figured he had either spaced out or dozed off for a few hours. Either way it was annoying coming to in the middle of the afternoon, considering Rip had said they'd come up with a plan to rescue their team in the morning.

Why hadn't anyone come to get them? Or better yet, why hadn't Gideon woken them once morning had hit? It wasn't like computers needed sleep. There was no excuse as to why she couldn't have just set an alarm or something!

Deserey was still snoozing next to him, curled up against his side. Leonard glanced down at her, taking note of how peaceful she looked. It was the calmest state he'd ever seen her in, like all her anxieties and worries weren't an issue any more. As if she wasn't completely depressed and suicidal. It was nice.

Though he probably would have appreciated it much better if she hadn't been sleeping directly on top of his arm, causing a distinct tingling to run up and down his limb.

Leonard grimaced slightly as the tingly spikes jabbed at his fingers, wondering just how the hell he'd managed to get his arm trapped underneath Dez's form when his hand had been nowhere near her before they'd fallen asleep.

Still, he didn't bother trying to remove his arm, lest he wake her. He wasn't sure why he even cared. If she were anyone else he would have already thrown her to the floor and kicked her out, especially after she'd just confessed to spying on him, accidentally or not.

Len shrugged it off, deciding it probably just had something to do with the suicide watch group he and the others had put together for her. If she was sleeping, then she couldn't run off somewhere and try killing herself while he was busy trying to save his partner. (And the others.)

Deserey shifted a little in her sleep, and Leonard winced again as the movement sent a ripple of needles running over his arm. She mumbled something in her sleep. At first Leonard couldn't make it out, but then he heard something like, "But your honor, how can I have robbed that bank if I was already wearing the prison jump suit?"

Leonard raised an eyebrow, watching as Deserey woke with a small, startled gasp. She glanced up at him, smiling sheepishly. "Someday I'm going to have to finish that dream to find out if I'm guilty or not."

Len smirked, rolling his hand around to get his circulation back as she sat up and stretched her arms. She glanced at him. "Sorry, did I put your arm to sleep?"

"You also shot it off with my own gun," Leonard reminded her.

Dez winced, covering her face with her hands. "I'm really never going to live that one down..."

"Nope," Leonard agreed. He eyed her briefly, an odd sensation forming in his gut as he watched her. It sort of felt the same way his hand did when it fell asleep, those prickly needles flailing around, poking everything. It was uncomfortable, but somehow not exactly entirely unpleasant. Mostly just unfamiliar.

He filed all his thoughts on the matter away for some other time. Instead, he changed the subject, finding his pinkie ring on the bed side table and twisting it on to his finger. "So, your dream self is a convict?"

Deserey shrugged, pushing her curly hair out of her face. "Maybe. Pretty sure I was framed though." She grabbed the hair tie from around her wrist, pulling her hair up; though one strand fell back in her face during the process.

Something about that had the needles returning much more fiercely. Leonard glanced away from her, turning his ring on his finger; miraculously, he still managed to speak with his usual, calm drawl. "That's what they all say."

Deserey laughed, and Len flicked his eyes up to meet hers again, unable to stop the small grin from forming on his own lips. "Is that what you say?" she asked him.

He shrugged. "I don't say anything. I just break out."

Dez snorted. "I'm sure you do, Scofield."

Leonard watched her for a moment. Her smile. The gentle way she kept attempting to push that one strand from her eyes. Her big, soft brown eyes that seemed to hold all the darkness in the world; though in that moment they were much brighter, like the darkness hadn't quite hit them yet.

The needles jamming into his gut rising up to his chest and briefly causing his breath to falter, which Leonard found quite irksome. He shoved the feeling down again, this time much more forcibly, returning his thoughts to Dez.

It was a pity, really, that she considered herself repulsive when she looked like that. Belatedly, Leonard wondered who in the world had made her feel that way.

Dez looked back at him, her cheeks turning a little red. "What?" She lowered her head slightly, her eyes still looking up at him, as she brushed the strand of hair out of her eyes again.

Len mentally scolded himself, realizing he'd been staring. Shoving all his thoughts about her to the back of his head, he said, "Nothing." He tilted his head towards the door. "We should go find Rip so A) I can kill him for not keeping his word and B) we can rescue Mick."

"And the others," Dez reminded him.

Len made a face. "Eh."

{~}

The others were waiting for them in the bridge. Which Deserey knew because she could hear Sara from halfway down the hall. "We just lost half our team! Is now really the time to be making bets about --"

"Making bets about what?" Leonard interrupted moodily as he and Dez walked into the room.

The others paused for a second, glancing at the pair of them with wide eyes. Jax was smirking a bit, but Sara folded her arms over her chest. "About yo --"

"Eucalyptus trees!" Kendra cut her off in a hurry. At Leonard's raised eyebrow and Dez's tilted head she nodded, barreling on in a rushed manner. "Yeah, I use to be a gardner in one of my past lives. So, I started planting some little eucalyptus trees in my room. Two of them. Rip and I have a bet about which of them grows into a full blown tree the fasted."

Rip flashed her a small cheeky grin. "And based on the -- er -- observations Gideon's made I'd say my tree is going to win."

Kendra shook her head vigorously. "Nuh-uh! Gideon can't see my tree. It's, um, hidden somewhere she can't detect it so we have no idea how it's doing! It could be sprouting from its roots as we speak!"

"Well I doubt that very much considering yours hardly had any roots to begin with," Rip argued.

Dez bit her bottom lip. She wasn't sure what they were really talking about, but she knew it had nothing to do with trees. Glancing at Leonard, she could tell from his face that he'd come to the same conclusion. That accusation was further affirmed when he said, "Right. I'm going to pretend I actually believe you and move the conversation forward. Where are we at with saving my partner?"

"And the others," Sara said.

"Yeah, whatever," Len said.

Sara rolled her eyes, leaning her against one of the time jump chairs, facing the console at the center of the room. She'd changed into a green shirt and jeans, her hair flowing over her shoulders with a small bun on top her head.

Deserey moved to occupy the chair Sara was leaning on. She felt a bit self conscious because she was still wearing the same outfit she'd been wearing the night before.

It didn't help that Leonard was also in his same clothes as the previous night; Deserey hoped the others wouldn't think they'd slept together. (Technically they had slept together, but they hadn't slept together. And she didn't need the others thinking they had.)

Kendra leaned in the door way to the parlour. Her hair was curled perfectly as always, her freckles outlining her face beautifully. She was dressed simply in a pair of waist high skinny jeans, boots, a black t-shirt, and a leather jacket.

Jax sat beside her on the steps, looking utterly exhausted now that the atmosphere in the room had changed to a more serious one. He was dressed a bit sloppily, wearing an over sized red tee and baggy grey sweat pants. The boy didn't even have any shoes on, just some black socks. From the looks of it Gideon's sedatives hadn't done a damn thing.

Deserey felt a pang of sympathy for the two of them. Out of everyone on the ship, besides Leonard, they'd be losing the most out of everyone if they didn't get the others back in time.

Kendra would once again be losing the love of her life; Jax would be losing the man who'd acted as a mentor and father figure over the last few months.

Deserey shook the thoughts away, trying to remain positive for once. They'd get them back. Of course they would. Rip wouldn't just leave them.

Apparently, Leonard didn't agree, though. He flashed Rip an accusing look. "You do plan on getting him out don't you? Or is he just redundant now?"

"Them," Kendra corrected quietly. "And they."

Leonard shrugged, twirling around to glare at the hawk warrior for a second. "Don't care." His glare returned to Rip, Kendra scoffing from behind him.

Rip sighed, already exasperated with the way Len was acting like a moody teenager. "Yes, obviously. I said we'd get them all back didn't I?"

"You said a lot of things, Rip," Leonard shrugged. "Not all of them have been true."

Rip let out another irritated sigh, as he walked to the center console, signaling Gideon to start talking. She did so immediately, her voice ringing throughout the bridge. "Labor Camp Number Fifty-four -- formally known as the Koshmar or Nightmare Gulag."

Deserey glanced over at the wall, as Gideon pulled up an image on all the monitors in the room. The place was huge and, frankly, a bit intimidating. A barbed wire fence ran along the multiple structures in the yard.

Dez counted eight buildings in all, but she guessed there could have been more out of shot. The four on the right side of the frame were each long, narrow structures, more like crates than anything else.

The four on the left side varied in shapes and sizes. One was small with a round roof, another was taller but still short in comparison to the others. A third spread out across the yard, looking a bit like a cluttered mess. The last building stood at the front of the yard, away from the others, like it was somehow more important than them.

Dez wondered which building her friends would be in. Would they all be together or would they have gotten separated?

"Built in the eighteenth century --"

Leonard shifted, pressing the palms of his hands to the console's surface impatiently. "Can we skip past the wikipedia crap and get to the good stuff, like how to break in?"

Gideon remained quiet. The remaining team members, even Rip, simultaneously glanced up at the ceiling in confusion. Sara quirked an eyebrow upwards. "Perhaps you didn't register that as a question, Gideon?"

"I understood," the AI said, "but in its two-hundred years of operation, no one has ever successfully escaped from --"

Leonard cut her off again. "No offense, Gideon, but I never met a building I couldn't break into."

Rip nodded nervously. "Well, I hope you're right. Savage knows that Stein created Firestorm, but if he finds out he is Firestorm --"

Len glared at him harshly. "Always Savage with you, isn't it?" He folded his arms over himself, looking a bit childish in the process. (Dez decided not to tell him about that.) "My partner's in prison too."

"Yeah," Kendra mumbled, "so you keep reminding everyone." When Len's glared turned on her, she shrugged carelessly. "What? You can't really blame Rip for looking at the bigger picture here. Savage is the one who destroys the future. Besides, it's not just Rory and Stein that's in there. Carter and Ray are there too!"

"Not my partners. Not my problem," Leonard said. The tone in his voice startled Dez a bit. She supposed it shouldn't have been all that shocking, but since they'd started this whole thing she'd rarely ever heard him speak that way unless it was directed at Rip; part of Dez had started to believe he wasn't as cold as everyone said he was until then.

Jax rolled his eyes with a scoff. "C'mon, man, we're all on the same team here! We should be worrying about all of them. Not just one of them!"

"Whatever." Leonard turned to Rip again, jabbing his finger at the captain harshly. "The point is, you didn't lift a finger."

Rip must have quickly gotten fed up with the attitude, because he was suddenly shouting, making Deserey jump at the sudden change of tone. "You know damn well it was never my intention to get them thrown into a gulag, but I had no other option."

Sara shrugged, making a face like Well.. But she held her tongue. Deserey followed her example, deciding it would be better for everyone if she just kept her mouth shut. Kendra and Jax apparently thought the same thing, because they didn't say anything either.

Rip went on with his rant, determined to justify his decision. But it just seemed like a bit of a low blow to Dez. "Besides, I doubt that it's Mr. Rory's first time in prison or second or, I imagine, tenth!"

Leonard looked like he had a few choice words for the captain, but before he could tell Rip off, Sara pushed herself off Deserey's chair and walked to the console. "Alright," she sighed. "Arguing is not gonna get the team back any faster."

Rip and Leonard each nodded their argument and took a three steps away from each other. Sara pressed her hands to the console's surface, nodding to the captain. "And Rip's right. Criminals usually do feel more at home in prison, and they know it better than anyone else."

Deserey looked up at her, figuring the blonde had a plan forming up in her head somewhere. Apparently Leonard did too, because asked, "So?"

"So what if the key to breaking in is asking someone who's been in and out of Soviet prisons their whole life?" Sara twisted her body so she could see everyone in the room, leaning slightly on the console as she did so, a small smirk playing at her lips.

Rip shifted slightly, apparently picking up on the fact that Sara was talking about someone specific as well. "And who might that be?"

Sara's smirk widened a bit. "Are you familiar with the Bratva?"

Leonard leaned against the console across from her, flashing the assassin an amused grin that inexplicably annoyed Dez. "Ooh, the Russian mob. In 1986 they would have ruled the criminal underground inside every prison."

Dez remembered reading briefly about the Russian mafia once. They were not a nice bunch of people. She was willing to bet Sara could take out ten or more of them in her sleep, but it still seemed a little ill advised to go antagonizing some gang members. "Why don't we just go in for a fake conjugal visit and sneak 'em out?"

Kendra choked on the air at this, and Jax let out a huge laugh, the other three just staring at her with wide eyes.

"What?" Deserey asked. She looked between her team mates. "Was I completely out of line?"

"I...don't think they'd fall for that," Kendra shook her head.

Rip nodded in agreement. "Savage will most likely have them under strict orders not to receive any visitation."

"It was just a thought." Deserey shrugged. "Can we get fake tattoos, then?"

Rip made a face. "Why would we do that?"

"To sneak in to the Bratva, duh!" Dez said.

"We...don't need to do that," Rip said.

Dez pouted, but when the captain didn't change his mind, she relented with a heavy sigh. "Fine!"

"So, when do we leave for the Bratva?" Kendra asked.

Rip turned to her, gesturing at her and Jax. "You're staying on the ship." He gestured at himself, Leonard, Sara, and Deserey. "We're leaving for the Bratva. We don't need any more casualties."

Jax made a face. "Whoa, man." He jumped to his feet, suddenly seeming much more lively. Glancing at Kendra, he said, "Why does it feel like we're on the JV team all of a sudden?"

Kendra nodded her agreement, but Rip just sighed, annoyed that his team never just listened to him. He nodded to Jax. "What you are is one half of everything Savage needs to change the fate of the Cold War." Next he nodded to Kendra. "And you are the only person who can kill him without Carter onboard, and should anything happen to him before we manage to rescue him and the others."

Kendra pushed herself off the wall, taking a small step forward. "Yeah, so you can't just --"

"I am not going to gift-wrap the two people in the world that Savage wants the most!" Rip said, raising his voice a little again.

Kendra and Jax simultaneously gave a childish huff, reminding Deserey of Anita and Daren.

Leonard shot everyone an impatient look, jerking his head towards the door. "We should go."

Sara and Rip nodded curtly in response; the three of them headed out. Dez hung back a moment, sending Jax and Kendra an apologetic look. "Maybe you guys could watch over Booster in the brig?" she suggested.

Jax scoffed. "Baby sitting duty? Really, Dez?"

Kendra shrugged. "Better than sitting around feeling useless, I guess."

"I guess," Jax reluctantly agreed.

{~}

Deserey sat on top of the table inside the the steam room, watching as the mobster Yuri waltzed inside with nothing but a towel around his waist.

Rip was perched on the seat in front of her, leaning back on the table slightly, in much the same state. Leonard was lazing about at the back of the room, wrapped in a fuzzy, white bath robe.

Dez tried very hard not to think about the fact that they were buck naked under those thin towels and robes; and she really tried not to imagine what would happen if they were to fall off. (Especially in Rip's case since his towel looked rather lose. Deserey really did not need to see her captain or any of her team mates without clothes!)

Deserey herself had stripped down to a tank top and a pair of shorts, but she refused to get completely naked or even reveal her bra and underwear. (She didn't need her team mates to know what she looked like without clothes on either!)

She was sort of surprised Leonard had done it. Though, she supposed his loathing of the heat would have triumphed over any body insecurities he may or may not have had.

Yuri was a big dude. His limbs were the size of mountains, and he toward over everyone in his wake, which made Dez feel a little less than an ant at a picnic. There was a pretty neat tattoo sprawled across his back: some sort of wolf or bear with a sword in its mouth standing in front of a castle with wings. Dez guessed that must have been the mob's insignia.

Another man left as Yuri came in, covering himself with a robe; and as the door swung shut Rip began addressing Yuri. "Your tattoo. It stands for 'Menia Ispravit Rasstrel,' if I'm not mistaken." They hadn't grabbed any of Rip's translation pills before leaving, so he was speaking in English. "In English it translates to 'Execution Will Reform Me.'"

Vaguely, Deserey wondered if Yuri had understood. Apparently he did, because he responded in perfect English himself, his thick Russian accent bleeding through, somehow making his appearance seem even more threatening. "What brings you to the banya, little man?" He eyed the Waverider's captain apprehensively.

"The name's Rip," Rip said. "I understand that you're familiar with the Koshmar Gulag."

Leonard spoke up from the back of the room, dragging our the syllables of each sentence more so than usual. "We need to break into that prison. And can you make it fast?" He lifted one hand, rolling his wrist impatiently. "I despise the heat."

Rip took over again, looking up at Yuri coolly. (Or as coolly as one could when another loomed over you like a grizzly bear.) "A man by the name of Vandal Savage runs a secret operation out of it -- a prison within a prison, if you will."

Yuri slowly crossed the room so that he stood in front of Rip and Deserey. "I have heard of this Savage. He has no respect for my country's rich criminal traditions."

"So, you'll help us?" Leonard said.

"Preferably after y'all put some damned clothes on?" Deserey suggested.

Yuri regarded her as if she didn't even exist, but Dez couldn't tell if that was because racism or sexism. Either way it was rude as hell, and she planned to stomp on his foot for it when she left.

The mobster nodded towards Leonard and Rip, taking note of their bare skin. "You men have no tattoos. And a man with no life story cannot be trusted."

Dez threw her hands up, looking between the two of them. "I told you we should have gotten fake tattoos!"

"Igor! Andrei!" Yuri called to his henchmen before Rip could respond to Dez.

Deserey and the other two glanced towards the door. She expected a few men in black to come barreling through the door. Instead, she heard a door crash open from down the hall, followed by a couple of painful grunts and loud bangs.

Dez smirked. Sara must have arrived. She'd hung back at the ship while the other three had gone ahead to find Yuri. The assassin had wanted to dress for the occasion in her White Canary suit.

Rip glanced back at Yuri. "Igor and Andrei seem a bit preoccupied," he noted. "Now about that gulag..."

"No matter," Yuri said, ignoring Rip's comment about the prison. "In this life, a man fights for himself."

Deserey's eyes widened at that. "Uh, yeah. Maybe put some clothes on first? In case your towels fall down or something?" When Yuri cracked his neck, preparing for a fight, Dez shrank back. "Okay, or not..."

Rip glanced at Leonard. "Perhaps you'd like this one?"

Leonard just lazily raised his hand. "He's all yours." Though, all three team mates knew good and well that it wasn't likely Rip stood a chance against mobster.

The man who'd been laying down on the bench on the other side of Dez abruptly got to his feet, heading for the door the moment he realized there was a fight brewing in the steam room. Leonard got up, following him to the door and closing it behind the man; he stood watch and Yuri slammed into Rip.

Yuri kicked Rip and shoved him to the floor. Deserey quickly shielded her eyes, screaming like a baby. She hadn't seen anything, but she didn't want to take any chances. With her hands still over her eyes, she couldn't see what was happening, but she could hear Yuri and Rip scuffling around as they fought.

Though, Dez was pretty sure Rip was losing considering he kept trying to talk to Yuri. "So, you like having Vandal Savage run his evil empire from your country?" Rip asked.

Dez heard a few smacking sounds and an, "Oof!" from Rip.

Then, Yuri spoke up. "As much as a pig enjoys being Christmas dinner."

There was another moment of scuffling and grunting before the table scooted the slightest bit, and Dez almost toppled over. She guessed Yuri must've thrown Rip into the table, because when he spoke again his voice was much closer. "Help us, and we will destroy his entire operation."

Someone tapped on the door, and Deserey heard Len open it for them. A second later, she heard Sara's exasperated voice. "I just took out six men. You guys couldn't handle one?" She sighed. "And why is Dez covering her eyes?"

"I thought Rip's towel was gonna fall off," Dez explained. "Didn't want to see him naked."

"Dez, he's still covered," Sara told her.

Deserey shook her head, hands still over her eyes. "Nope. Not taking any chances."

"I promise. It's fine," the White Canary said.

"Still not looking!" Dez insisted.

It might have gone on like that for a while, but Yuri interrupted with a shocked gasp. "You killed my men?"

Sara must have turned her attention away from Deserey, because her next sentence was obviously addressed to Yuri. "They're not dead...yet. And neither are you, assuming you help us."

Apparently, a bad ass, sexy, blonde assassin in white beating up Igor, Andrei, and four of his other men was enough to make Yuri reconsider his options, because he said, "My organization runs black-market goods into Koshmar."

Rip spoke up next, telling Yuri about their four lost friends who'd gotten themselves stuck inside the prison. When he finished, Yuri spoke slowly, apprehensively. "Koshmar is not a hotel for petty criminals. If you're friends are there, they must be insane, ruthless animals."

"Eh." Deserey imagined Leonard was probably shrugging as he said this. "One out four anyways."

{~}

Leonard and Deserey fell behind Sara and Rip as they walked back to the ship. (Thankfully, Len and Rip had put their clothes back on after getting the information from Yuri.)

Dez noticed Len had changed back into his parka, but she reckoned that had more to do with him trying to block out the cold than feeling in charge. The two walked in silence, until they spotted Sara and Rip enter the Waverider's cargo bay.

Deserey stopped abruptly when she realized they'd closed the door before she and Leonard were anywhere near it. "Did they just shut us out? That is so rude!"

Leonard shrugged, pulling two wallets from his pockets with both his hands. "Jokes on them, I have their crap." He stuffed the wallets back in his coat as Dez snorted.

She gave him a suspicious look. "You're not gonna steal my wallet are you?"

He looked back at her seriously. "Who says I haven't already?"

"...Did you?"

In response, Leonard pulled another wallet from his pocket. This time Deserey recognized the silky blue pattern and the sandy design. It was definitely her wallet. She stared at Len, mouth agape. "I didn't even have it on my person! Did you go in my room to take this?"

"Yeah," he said. "Nothing personal. I rob everyone I meet." He shrugged.

Dez stared at him, completely bewildered. She folded her arms over herself as a cold wind blew over her. She'd changed back into long sleeves and jeans; and she even had on a thick coat too, but the chilly winter still gnawed at her skin. "Well, I guess I have to watch you more closely then." She snatched her wallet back from him, stuffing it in her pocket.

Leonard smirked back at her, looking a bit smug. "You'll never be able to catch me in the act."

"Yeah. You're probably right." Deserey folded her arms over herself, shivering slightly as another gust of wind washed over them. She glanced at Len, but he didn't even seem to be remotely bothered by the wintery chill. "Okay, for real? How the hell are you not freezing your ass off?"

Leonard gave her a look of amusement, as she tucked her head into herself to avoid another icy wind. "Why do you think they call me Captain Cold?"

"Uh, because you got an ice gun and like stealing people's wallets even though they don't have jack-shit?" Dez guessed.

Leonard shook his head. "First of all, I checked your wallet before I took it. So, I know how much is in there. I was going to give it to my sister. Second of all, I liked the cold way before I stole this gun." He gestured at the Cold Gun dangling on his hip.

Dez stared at him, still shivering. "You were going to give my wallet to your sister?!"

"Yeah," he said. "I thought she'd like it, because it's all sparkly and pretty."

Dez huffed. "That is so not how gifts work!"

Leonard shrugged. "That's how our gifts work."

This prompted an eye roll from Deserey. She glanced at the Waverider, biting her lip and shivering as the wind picked up. "You think they'll open the door any time soon?"

"Probably not," Leonard said, eyeing her carefully as the wind pushed a few strands of curls into her face.

Dez pouted, pushing her hair from her eyes. She was torn between getting upset and being beyond pissed. "Why'd they lock us out? Do you think it was an accident?"

"No, it was probably on purpose," Leonard said evenly. "I'm pretty sure we're Rip's tree. Probably trying to play Cupid or some annoying crap like that."

Deserey blanched, her face suddenly becoming extremely hot, defying the cold weather. She looked Leonard, her head down, eyes just barely looking up at him, brushing her hair away from her face again. "You mean...you think he and Kendra have a bet that'll we'll... He -- he thinks we're gonna --" She laughed nervously, her face heating up even more.

Leonard shrugged, beginning to fiddle with his pinkie ring, staring down at the snow himself. "Guess so. Dunno why, though. You'd think as much as he whines about wanting to stop Savage he wouldn't have time to play match maker."

Deserey let out another nervous laugh. She stumbled over herself, which was pretty embarrassing considering they weren't even walking. It was made worse when she tripped right into Leonard, though; he had to steady her before she fell face first into the snow. "Oh my god," she mumbled into her hands, when she was standing up right. "I'm sorry, I'm making this weird, aren't I?"

"Kinda, yeah," Leonard admitted.

When Dez looked up, his face was completely passive but he was playing with his ring again; and Deserey was starting to understand that was his tell. He was good at hiding his facial expressions, but whenever he felt awkward or uncomfortable he'd fiddle with that thing. "...Sorry."

Leonard looked like he was about to say something, but before he could even get a word out another gust of wind had them both stumbling. Only this wind carried lightning behind it, so Deserey guessed it wasn't exactly normal wind.

Her hypothesis was proven correct, when none other than Barry Allen materialized in front of them clad in the red, leather Flash suit, cowl pushed down to reveal his brunette hair and brown eyes.

Leonard's whole demeanor changed upon seeing him. The wall he'd constructed to shield himself instantly grew ten feet taller. His eyes iced over, becoming just as cold as the weather they stood in. Len whipped out his Cold Gun, charging it up and aiming it at Barry. "Hello, Flash."

So, just gonna cut away from the main story for a hot sec. I feel like they ruined Inferno Street in canon so I wanted to fix it. Plus I've been looking forward to writing this for some time now. So, yay! Hopefully you like it as much as I do.

Next chapter we'll yeet over to Flash for a bit. Then, we'll get back to LoT stuff: find out how Carter's fight turned out, another Mick and Ray scene, finally get a scene with Stein maybe, and if there's time come back to Booster Gold.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro