01. Dress rehersal

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

———"For a family as traditional as them you'd think they'd have a traditional wedding"

"No, they like throwing around their money, it's just how they work, they'll break a couple rules to get what they want"

Y/N lifted her arms allowing the other girl to taper off her waist.

Her sister had offered to help her with the fitting, Y/N was still not used to being naked in front of random people, it wasn't a luxury she could afford though.

Sooner or later she'd have to be dressed and washed by servants when she was married. Or it would be improper.

"Mio...you don't have to do this"

Y/N said quietly but Mio only furrowed her brows not responding, the corset wasn't tight enough but her younger sister had refused to shrink it anymore.

Y/N tried again.

"Mio-"

"You're throwing away your life for me. Y/N I'm not happy"

"I don't want you marrying a creepy old man Mio"

Y/N smiled brushing back her hair, the girl frowned turning her head to the side.

"Besides you're too hot headed, the clan would kick you out even before the first day, it wouldn't do you any good"

The idea of Mio being the one fitted in this wedding dress solidified her choice. She would protect her sister.

"Besides, I don't have interest in marrying for love, I'll just get my degree and that would be it, It's all I need"

"The rehearsal is going to be horrible"

Mio muttered, Y/N could agree everyone would be to up their asses to care about the state of their women.

Y/N had an exam in a couple months, marriage threw her off schedule but she wouldn't be dettered.

——

Things started to fall apart the moment she sat next to Naoya.

"You look lovely"

"Thank you"

It was show, to relive her family sitting across the table and trick them into thinking she was happy. Her sisters and mother visibly relaxed.

Naoya placed a hand over hers on the table and she stiffened eyes fixated on the plate in front of her, trying her best not to implode from the inside out.

As they made a toast and congratulatory remarks she was silent. Y/N was wearing a blue dress that hung beyond her knees, her waist aching from the corset that the Zenin servants had laced her into. They had been rougher and more unforgiving even when she had winced when the bone dug into her ribs.

It was hard to breathe and she had to take shallow breaths.

Naoya leaned forward to whisper in her ear.

"I can't wait to be alone with you"

"We're not allowed to be alone until we're married"

Y/N replied curtly, eyes trained forward, she felt his hand brush against the side of her leg. She smiled nodding along to what her soon to be father in law was saying while at the same time panicking as she felt his hands through the fabric of her dress. They were firm against her thigh, she inhaled sharply; "Accidentally" stomping on his foot.

This made the Zenin wince and retract his hand, but she ignored his angry glare.

Y/N would not be toyed with.

Mio must have sensed her discomfort since she was staring daggers at Naoya.

To which Y/N played off with a gentle smile.

When it was her turn to make a comment she stood up from her chair, delicately bowing.

She was the only woman allowed to speak, and it was to thank the men.

"Thank you for allowing me into your family, please take care of me"

She bowed, sitting down just as quietly.

They began to discuss her arrangements. No future Zenin would be allowed to live in a run down family house like the L/Ns.

The idea of being separated from her mother made her sick.

But they were directing all the questions to her older brother who impassively carried it on to their mother, the head of the family.

The Zenins were not making an effort to hide their sexism.

There was only one other girl sitting at the table,she was around five looking absolutely miserable in her flowery blue dress besides her mother.

Y/N's heart ached for her.

She couldn't afford any of the girls in her family being caught up in this nonsense. Even if that meant enduring the feeling of her fiance's hand against her leg.

When they stood up to sign the contract she felt his hand on her waist, breathing shallow and she felt as if was about to fall over hand shaky as she signed her name on the line.

She was basically handing over her soul.

This hereby declares Y/N to be married to the Zenin blood line in exchange that the L/Ns debt is forgoed.

That was it, it was all over.

So why did she feel empty?

"Do you need a drink of water darling"

Noaya asked as her brother eyed them from across the table she shook her head but the man was already dragging her into the corridor.

"Where are you taking me"

She asked warily, however he didn't respond, when they stopped they were standing out of earshot of the door but before he could take a step forward she threw up.

All over his expensive coat and pants.

They stood in silence staring at each other and she staggered back holding her head. Ironically enough she hadn't gotten any on her. Not knowing how to react she dashed off, leaving the heir of the Zenin clan to yell behind her.

_____

Toji Fushiguro was just getting off of his shift, his face covered in soot as he balanced a water bottle in one hand, a pack of medication in the other.

He was nearly late, he had to pick up his son from school.

Grumbling in disdain he popped the pill downing half the water. He nearly spat it back up when something barreled right into him. However, he did drop the water, completely soaking his entire shirt and the person who had run into him.

"Oh What the fuck-"

It was a crying girl. Her hair was a tired shade of H/C face pulled up tiredly as mascara tears ran down her face.

Her lips were chapped and Toji held back a slight gag. This close she smelled a little funky. However he couldn't write her off as another homeless or runaway since she was wearing a soft silk dress that probably costed more than he could make in a month working all shifts.

But she held up her hands pushing him away and he stopped her before she could dash away again.

"Let me go!"

"For fucks sake, stop, you'll get hit by a car!"

"Good"

She snapped, wrenching her arm away from his grip and he let her. This quick moment to stop and breath calmed her down a notch but she was still out for blood.

"I hate it, all of it"

"we have something in common then"

They glared at each other however his eyes trailed down and she followed his gaze to where her bra was very much see through, thanks to the now empty water bottle he had dumped on her from the collision.

Her hands flew to her chest but he already had his jacket off handing it to her.

"What-"

"Take it, I'm late"

Confused, she hesitantly accepted it. Wrapping it around his shoulders as he pushed past her roughly. He couldn't give a damn about her, he already had his own problems to worry about.

And one of them was picking up his son on time.

"Go home, you crybaby"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro