Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Happy came and picked us up in a limo this time instead of the usual Subaru. When we got to the car Peter held the door open for me and I sat down, Peter slid in after me and closed the door.

"Hey Adeline! And Peter... apparently...?" Happy's expression dropped as soon as he saw Peter. It was obvious he didn't like Peter.

"Yeah he's gonna come over. Is that cool?"

"I don't have a problem with that but your dad might"

"He's at a press event with Pepper and Rhodey so it'll be fine"

"Oh, I didn't know about that." Happy looked upset that he didn't know about the event "I guess that's fine then now, I will be there the whole time to monitor you two" His stern expression returned.

"Okay Happy" Happy closed the division between him and us.

"Why does he need to monitor us?"

"Oh, uh don't mind him. Just Happy being overprotective."

"Oh, okay."

*back at the compound*

Peter and I got out of the car and walked up to my room. We decided to watch the movie Nomadland.

About halfway through the movie I went downstairs for some water for the two of us.

I walked down to see Happy sitting at the kitchen island, reading the newspaper.

"Hey"

"What's going on up there?"

"Nothing we're just watching a movie"

"Are you watching a movie or are you watching a movie" he winked

"What? Oh Happy what no Jesus! God! What is it with you and my dad?"

"So you two aren't cafoodleing?" He furrowed his brow and took the reading glasses off of the bridge of his nose.

"Oh god not you too" I grabbed two bottles of water from the fridge and got out of there as soon as I could.

I gave Peter his water and we finished the movie.

A little while after the movie ended Happy drove Peter home.

There was only one week until the dance and I didn't have a dress or shoes yet. I called Pepper Potts, my dads girlfriend to ask her if she could take me shopping.

The line rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey Pepper! It's Adeline"

"Hey! What's up?"

"So I have a school dance coming up soon and I was wondering if you could take me to get a dress and some shoes?"

"Of course!! I'd love too! What time?"

"Does now work for you?"

"Yes that works! Do you want me to come pick you up?"

"Yeah that'd be great! Thanks so much"

"I'll see you soon!"

"Okay. Bye." I hung up.

I never got the chance to meet my mom, so ever since my dad hired Pepper, when I was 8, she's been a mother figure for me.

I was so excited when my dad and her got together, and eventually got married. I got to be the maid of honor.

Pepper came to pick me up about half an hour later.

She honked the horn to let me know she'd arrived and I ran out.

"Hey Pepper!" I closed the car door

"Hey! So who are you going to the dance with?" her strawberry red hair was tied up in a ponytail and she had bright red lipstick on. Her white pantsuit made me feel a little underdressed in my t- shirt and jeans.

"Peter asked me."

"Peter?"

"My dad didn't tell you about him?"

"I don't think so"

"Peter Parker"

"Oh wait isn't he that Spider-Man?"

"Yeah, yeah he's Spider-Man. That's actually how we met"

"Oh?"

"Yeah dad asked me to recruit him, so he sent me undercover to Peters high school. After we hung out a few times we became best friends, then in Germany we started dating"

"That sounds like a fairytale"

"It kind of is!"

"Does your dad know about this?"

"No. Please don't tell him. He'd kill me."

"I won't. So do you have a color in mind?" she looked over at me and smiled. 

"Yeah I think I know exactly what I want"

- The day of the dance -

Peter was going to be here to pick me up in one hour. I slipped on the dress I got on my shopping trip with Pepper. It was beautiful. It was a creamy silk fabric with thin straps and a loose fit. Pepper got me a matching purse. My shoes also matched, they were sliver open toe 4 inch heels. 

"Here" Pepper said.

"A pearl necklace?!"

"Yeah, I was walking and I saw this in a store window and it reminded me of the one my mom gave me the night of my Homecoming dance. I thought you might like it"

"I love it! Thank you so much Pepper!" I hugged her. She really was like a mom to me.

"Of course kiddo! Here, let me put it on." She released her grasp and I turned around. She clipped the necklace around my neck and I stepped into the mirror. "Wow." she said "You look just like I did on my Homecoming"

"Really?"

"We could've been twins"

"Thank you Pepper"

About 20 minutes later there was a ring at the door bell.

"Oh I better answer the door before your dad does. We don't want him finding out about this" She winked at me and hurried down the stairs. I grabbed my small bag from of the back of my desk chair and walked downstairs. "Oh here she comes" Pepper said excitedly to Peter.

When I walked down Peters eyes widened "Wow" he said "You look stunning"

"You look very handsome" I said, and he blushed

"Okay lets get going before Tony comes up" Pepper said. We got into the limo and Pepper put up the divider.

"So, do you have any new enemies in the Spider-Man world?"

"Yeah, actually."

"Who?"

"Well first of all, that scary dude who tried to kill me"

"Oh yeah I forgot Bucky tried to kill you. But it wasn't really him though"

"What do you mean?"

"He was under Hydras mind control"

"Hydra?!"

"Yeah, any way who else?"

"Well there's this one guy called The Vulture"

"What's his deal?"

"He has these giant wings"

"Oh. Why is he your enemy?"

"Well I was at a party, before I met you, and I saw his workers shooting guns and stuff in the distance, so I went to go stop them. Then I found out they had bombs too!"

"Crazy stuff"

"Right?!"

"Any thing else about him?"

"Oh yeah, he turned out to be my crushes dad and he tried to kill me. Twice."

"Oh wow"

"Yup. Anyway, he's a thing of the past. Hopefully"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro