Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Peter went into the bathroom to change back into his normal clothes and I called Pepper to come pick us up early.

"Hey! Is everything alright?" She sounded like she was out of breath

"Yeah Pepper everything's fine, I was just wondering if you could come pick us up early"

"Are you sure everything's alright?"

"Yes Pepper everything's great, we're just not dance kind of people. So we're getting bored. We were thinking about going back to the compound to watch a movie"

"Do you want me to drop you off at a movie theatre instead? Tony might be there."

"No, no we'll just go back to the compound"

"Okay. Sounds good. I'll be there soon"

"Thanks Pepper!"

"No problem. See you soon"

"Bye!" I hung up and put my phone back in my bag.

"So? What did she say?" Ned asked excitedly.

"She's coming now to pick us up"

"Cool" Ned was still so excited to meet my dad.

"Hey, Ned what should we tell my dad?" I asked

"What do you mean?"

"Well I'm not exactly allowed to tell random people who I am so he's going to ask why I told you. And remember you can't tell him anything about tonight"

"Right yeah. Well I'm the guy in the chair so we'll just tell him that"

"The guy in the chair?"

"Yeah! You know, every really cool superhero has a guy sitting in front if a bunch of computers telling them where to go"

"Oh. Yeah that'll work"

Peter came out of the bathroom. "Is Pepper here yet?"

"Yeah she just arrived." We walked out of the school and got in the car.

"Hey Adeline, Peter! Oh? Who's this?"

"I'm Ned! I'm Peter's guy in the chair"

"His what?"

"His guy in the chair!" Ned said almost annoyed that no one knew what he was talking about.

"Oh like the guy with the computers that tells him where to go?"

"Yes! Exactly!" He seemed so excited that she understood what he meant.

Pepper drove us back to the compound.

Pepper had to run some errands so it was just the three of us and my dad.

I unlocked the door with my key, and walked in. I took off my heels and left them at the door. Peter and Ned came in after me. I could feel the rhythmic buzzes of my dads music through the floor again. Ned looked at around at everything in awe. It reminded me of the first time Peter came over.

"Why is the floor buzzing?" Ned asked while staring at a vase.

"That's my dad. When he's working he plays his music so loud you can feel it through the floor."

"Badass. Hey where'd you get this vase? It must have been so expensive"

"A famous artist custom made it for us. It was half a million dollars."

"Really?"

"No. We're rich, but not that rich. We got it at Home Sense half off. It was 20 bucks."

"Oh."

"Okay, my dad hasn't gotten to Back in Black yet so were good to go downstairs"

"What happens when he gets to Back in Black?"

"Absolute chaos. When he gets to Back in Black he's on full Iron Man mode. One time he was so focused he stayed up for 3 days straight. That's what Back in Black does to him. He's almost there though so we've got to hurry"

We ran down the stairs and I entered the passcode to unlock the door to my dads workshop.

"Hey kiddo what's up?"

"I brought one of my friends to meet you."

"Peter? I thought I already met this one?" dad said once Peter walked in

"You have dad. This is who I wanted you to meet" Ned stepped into the room.

"He- hey Mr. Stark I'm Ned!"

"Who is the boy and why did you bring him here? You know your not allowed to tell random people who you are!"

"He's not a random person dad!"

"Oh yeah? Who is he then?"

"He's Peter's guy in the chair"

"What the hell is that?"

"You know, every really cool superhero has a guy sitting in front if a bunch of computers telling them where to go" Ned stepped out in front of me

"Alright? Why are you guys in full suits?"

"Oh, we went out to dinner"

"All three of you?"

"Yeah, we thought it would be fun! We got all dressed up and everything it was great!"

"What did you get?" well shit. He knew I was lying.

"I got some chicken and some breadsticks."

"What kind of chicken?"

"Grilled."

"Alright. It was nice to meet you Ned. Now get out my songs coming on and I need to focus." he turned back towards his suit. The three of us left quietly and sat on the couch in the living room.

We decided to watch Star Wars: The Last Jedi. I made some popcorn and got some water for the three of us.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro