Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I banged my head on the table and let out a big groan. I have been here for... I lifted my head and checked the watch my dad gave me before we left 10:45pm that makes 12 hours. I've been here for 12 hours straight. I finished up and cleaned the grease off my hands with an old AC/DC t- shirt that my dad gave me, which is both of our favourite band.

I walked over to the speaker and turned it off after the song back in black by had played. I grabbed my phone from the small side table placed right next to an old, worn down green leather chair. Lokis doing I assume, seeing as everything else came with the small rented workshop.

I walked back up the stupid staircase then pulled out my phone to call Peter letting him know I was finally coming back. The phone rang and made a short noise when Peter picked up.

"Hey Adeline! Hows it going with the quantum thingy majig?"

"Its went great Pete thanks, I uh I'm done if you want to grab a burger."

"I'd love a burger! Wait didnt you just stay up for 12 hours?"

"Sure did. So where are we on the burger thing"

"Aren't you... I don't know tired?"

"Nope. I used to stay up for 48 hours straight with my dad building things. Plus we would always go get burgers afterwards, it was sort of a tradition." I smiled at the memories, from before this mission, of building with my dad. It was both of our favorite thing.

"Ok hurry up here!"

"K I'm coming." I walked in the front doors of the hotel and waved to the bell hop. I walked in the elevator and pressed the number '6' our floor number and waited for it to ding.

The noise rang out into the long hollow marble staircase. God this place smells like a dentist office. I walked down to Peter and I's room and pressed my sleek black key onto the touchpad. The door made a click click sound and I walked in.

"Hey Pete"

"Adeline!" he ran over and picked me up and spun me around

"Wow someone missed me" I mocked. Ok maybe I mocked him to much.

"Of course I missed you! Oh right burgers. Ok let me get my coat!" he pushed me out of our hug and held my shoulders before grabbing his coat from off his bed. We walked back down the same fluoride smelling hallway and out the hotel.

We talked as we walked down the street until we eventually found a food truck that sold burgers. We went back to the same bridge as before, sat in the same spot and ate.

"Holy crap these are amazing" I said wiping the ketchup off my lips

"Germany is 100% better than Queens, in SOOOOO many ways. Like the view, the hotels, the food everything"

"Oh for sure" we laughed. We watched the sunset again before we walked back to the hotel. just after we walked through the doors my phone rang. Curiously I took it out, "Loki" I said under my breath. I answered. "Hello? What do you need?" my voice rang loudly throughout the lobby, so I changed to more of a whisper.

"Ah, mortal"

"I built it. It should work. Oh no are there any problems?"

"None. thank you for doing it so quickly"

"Well I wanted to get it over with"

"Oh poor you. Whatever, come up to the roof and bring Peter" he let out a soft chuckle and I looked at Peter concerningly

"Alright. We'll be there in 30 minutes."

"Now."

"30 minutes." I hung up before he could fight back. "Peter we have a problem. Get your suit on now."

"What happened?"

"Loki wants to meet us on the roof. And well sometimes he can be and asshole so its better just to be prepared."

"Smart thinking Adeline"

We ran up to our room as fast as we could. I put my hair in a bun and Peter put on his suit. We walked back to the elevator and I hit the button entitled 'roof'. It dinged again opening the metal doors, we walked out to see Loki facing the streets which he soon turned away from walking towards us.

"Really?" he rolled his eyes "does the boy really need to be in the dumb suit?"

"Yes. Now what did you want"

"Oh nothing" he whispered after he turned back. He was a few short paces away from the edge. I couldn't hear him so I walked in front of him. Peter following not to far behind me. Stupid. So so stupid.

He grabbed my arm suddenly and forcefully, before continuing.

"I'm sorry" I could see the pain in Loki's dark tear filled eyes, I knew he didn't want to do this but someone was making him. I just couldn't figure out who.

A split second later, he pushed me off the roof. It felt like everything was in slow motion. Like my aura was kicked out of my body. I watched myself fall off the hotel, my dark hair curling up around my face from the wind. My arms were stiff reaching out for Peter which I realize now was hopeless. I watched Peter run to the edge screaming my name and crying while reaching out. That's what hurt the most. Seeing Peter cry.

That's when everything went black. The only thing I remember before waking up was my back arching at a sudden pace, I was floating? I felt the ends of my hair hit the ground which I expected to do not soon after. But that never happened.

I opened my eyes slowly. Was I dead? My head was pounding, "Peter?" I whispered, my vision was blurred but it soon focused revealing Peter crouched beside me, crying

"Adeline?!" He looked up at me before continuing "your alive!" He released me from the stringy web he used to save my life and held me in his arms.

He kissed me on my forehead and I smiled before kissing him back, this time on the lips. Loki jumped down from the roof and landed in what he calls a 'superhero landing'. His sudden jump interrupted us. Great.

"See. Told you you guys loved each other! Only took a little push for you to realize it." He laughed at his own joke.

"Too soon Loki." I said before realizing "Wait, did you push me off a building just so we would kiss?" My face tensed up and my chest tightened.

"Well I had to get you two to kiss somehow"

God he could be a real asshole sometimes.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro