(34)

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

( Fellowship of the Spear - Part 5 of 8 )

'So it looks like our historians have made a discovery.' Sara stated.

'According to this map the blood of Christ lies smack bang in the middle of No Mans land.' Tolkien explained.

'Great.' Rip complained. 'Right in the middle of the bloodiest battle in human history.'

'Even if we were to make it through the terrain unscathed there's still the issue of the bloods precise location.' Martin out forward.

'That's the good news. Rip said that the spear acted as a divining rod for its pieces. When it gets closer to Jesus' blood it glows.' Nate replied.

'But one cannot simply walk into the middle of a war zone.' Martin laughed.

'What if we convince both sides to stop fighting long enough to collect the spear?' Sara questioned.

'That'll never work.' Amaya stated. She was holding the spear and standing on the stairs to Rip's study. 'But there is another way. We can re-write reality. Eliminate the threat of the legion once and for all time.'

'No, we can't.' Sara rebuffed.

'This is just a tool. In the right hands, in our hands, we can use it for good.' Amaya said, stepping off the stairs.

'No! The Spear has more power than any of us could possibly wield.' Rip replied.

'I know a thing or two about wielding mystical artifacts.' Amaya retorted. 'I can control it.'

'Look, a totem is one thing. But that?' Rip said, pointing wildly. 'That is more powerful than anything any of us have ever seen.'

'She said she can handle it.' Mick pitched in.

'Mick! Not now!' Sara berated. 'Amaya look, you don't know what the spear can do to you. Having the ability to re-write your own reality it's too much temptation, for anyone. That's why we have to do this. The hard way.'

'All right. The hard way it is.' Ray sighed.

'I'm in.' Nate replied.

'Yeah, I'm down.' Jax said. Next to him, Martin and Thea nodded as well.

'It is the right thing to do.' Rip concluded. Amaya nodded sadly. 'Obviously I have been outvoted. I will help you in whatever way I can. But I think that you're making a huge mistake.'

++

'According to this map the burial place should be buried somewhere over there!' Nate shouted.

'The Spear is sensing the blood!' Sara called back.

'We won't last five minutes out there.' Amaya said. 'It's not to late to use it.' Next to them a man cried out and fell to the ground.

'Loser.' Mick teased, stealing the man's gun and beginning to fire it. Thea covered their ears, with any luck this part of the mission would be over soon.

Word Count: 442 words

Written: 16th September 2022 | Published: 16th of September 2022

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro