Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Bicephaly

Eileen had it all set. The lights, the rose petals, even the music. She just had to get Demetri to come over. She, Kelli, and Samuel had created the perfect prom ask. All Demetri had to do was to say yes.

Demetri and Eileen had agreed to meet up at the drive-in movie for their second date. Technically their first but Eileen counted pulling out the weeds as their first date because she was doing it with him. She was in the attic where she would lure him to where she created a sign. It read, 'it would be a dark knight without you so would you go to prom with me?'. She added the Batman logo before she wrote the words to make it perfect.

As she set it, a photo fell out of a box. She noticed it and picked it up. It was dusty so she wiped it off. She saw a picture of her mom when she was young and pregnant being held by a man who had black hair and a striking resemblance to herself. She gapped at the photo realizing that it was her father.

"Eileen? You okay?" She heard Samuel ask her. Eileen stuffed the photo back into the box so it wouldn't be found.

"All good," she told Samuel. She climbed down the ladder to the living room. Her mom smiled at her while she got a text message from Demetri. It read if she was ready to go get food before they went to the drive-in.

She texted him 'yeah', before she stuffed her phone into her pocket and grabbed her shoes and purse, and walked out of the house. She walked over to Demetri's house where he and Hawk were waiting for her outside.

"There she is!" Hawk exclaimed. Eileen hugged Demetri from the side as she and Hawk did their secret handshake. The trio packed into the car and went to Swagat, Eileen's mom's restaurant.

"Why are we here again?" Hawk asked as they entered the place.

"To hang out before the movie," Eileen replied with a frown, "do you not want to be here?"

"No," he spoke quickly, "I mean, we can eat at the place is what I meant."

"Eileen won't eat there," Demetri explained, "because of her tachycardia."

"One of my many, many issues when it comes to me eating out," she added. The waitress saw Eileen and led them to the back room where they didn't have to see any others. Hawk and Demetri looked confused before Eileen turned around, "but if your mom has a restaurant it has its benefits."

"Woah." Hawk stared down at the huge bowl of samosas that Kelli placed down as well as the mint and tamarind chutney.

"We didn't even order," Demetri spoke up looking to Kelli.

"I just wanted to get some appetizers,". Eileen told Demetri. He nodded as they gazed into their eyes of each other. 

"I wanted you three to try my new garlic chutney," Kelli interrupted, placing down a red sauce which caused Eileen to widen her eyes. This was the garlic chutney which, in Kelli's opinion, was made with love. Eileen's opinion was it was made to burn your body. To say the least, it was incredibly spicy.

"Ms. Kelli this looks incredible," Hawk told her with a smile. He grabbed a vegetable samosa and put a lot onto the samosa. He bit into it while Eileen cringed. Not even a second later, Hawk looked at Kelli with a wide-eyed glance.

"Did I mention it was a little spicy?" Kelli asked.

"Mom!" Eileen scolded. She grabbed Eli's elbow and led him into the kitchen to grab him something to cool his tongue, which left Demetri and Kelli.

"Usually the father does this talk. But since Eileen's father is a jackass, I have to do it." Demetri gulped before Kelli sighed, "that girl is very naive."

"She's not though, she's brilliant-" Demetri tried to tell her but she put her hand up.

"She is very intelligent, don't get me wrong. I don't want her going down the path I did. So whatever you two decide to do, I want you to be safe. So please, wear a condom," Kelli asked him.

Demetri looked mortified, "we barely kiss each other on the lips!"

"I'm not finished! If you break her heart, I break you." Demetri looked at the garlic chutney, "You did this on purpose, didn't you?" Kelli just smiled and stood as Eileen and Hawk walked back with a Mango lassi in his hand.

"So, uh, you guys ready for that movie?" Eileen asked, laughing awkwardly. Hawk nodded, his lips never leaving the straw. They nodded before Eileen put the samosas in a container she could take with her.

After they made it to the movies, Hawk left their car to join Miguel and Sam. Which left the new couple alone. The girl watched while Demetri criticized every small thing, leaning back.

"So, uh, what did my mom talk to you about?" Eileen inquired nervously. Demetri shrugged, "she gave me the talk."

"The talk?"

"Yeah, you know, if you break Eileen's heart, I break you. And she also told me to wear a condom." Eileen, who didn't see that coming started to choke on her drink. Demetri said up and patted her back to help stop her from choking.

"She what?"

"Yeah, it caught me off guard as well."

"I'll be right back," Eileen told him, noticing Nate and Bert talking. She was wondering if they needed a ride the upcoming week.

"Okay! I'm going to get a Dr. Pepper." He said as they both hopped out of his car.

"Make sure to get Mr. Pibb if they don't have Dr. Pepper, it's basically the same formula," she yelled to Demetri. She noticed a boy freeze when he saw them before Hawk made him drop all of his things.

"I'm sorry." The boy said quickly

"Damn, that sucks." Hawk taunted.

"Hawk!" She scolded, crouching down to try and help clean the mess that he made. The younger boy looked nervous so she gave him a gentle smile. Nate and Bert walked up next to him.

"Should've watched where you're going kid," Hawk spoke with an evil smile. Eileen grabbed the two boys and yanked them behind the older boy before she stared Hawk down.

"Leave him alone, Hawk." She warned quietly.

"The same goes for you," Robby walked up. The kid ran behind him as a sign of protection. Hawk pulled Eileen from her crouched position to his side.

"Robby," Eileen greeted, looking down.

"You betrayed Miyagi Do. Traitor!" Nate told him.

"Oh, there's a traitor here for sure. And he's going to get what he deserves," Tory spoke up, walking with a bunch of other Cobra Kai students.

"I don't think so," Eileen jumped slightly when she heard Sam come out of nowhere, "not if I have anything to say about it, princess," Sam told her tauntingly.

"Hey, guys! Can you believe they have both Mr. Pibb and Dr. Pepper," Demetri asked. They all turned to him as Eileen walked behind Hawk to walk over to him, "Oh shit, not another rumble." Eileen grabbed his arm and nodded, feeling the same way he did.

"Careful, LaRusso. Your mommy isn't here to play peacemaker," Tory sneered.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Sam asked back.

"Guys, stop! We can't do this. We beat them on the mat," Miguel spoke up, getting a nod from Eileen.

"Oh really? You do remember what happened last time we fought right?" Robby asked, surprising Eileen.

"Which one are you referring to? Where be beat your ass on the mat? Or when you were trying to kill people," Eileen spoke, getting a surprised and hurt look from Robby. She felt horrible for saying it but she never thought he would bring up that topic.

"Okay," Miguel nodded, "meet us at the baseball diamond in thirty minutes. And no weapons."

"We won't need them," Tory talked back.

"Says the one who used a weapon every time she fought you," Eileen whispered to Sam who gave her a small smile in return.

Miguel, who had a plan in his head, packed himself, Sam, Eileen, Demetri, and Hawk into the red-haired boy's car. They watched as they walked onto the baseball field as the lights when out. Soon the sprinklers went on, and they got soaked.

"Dude! Genius move, we didn't even have to throw a punch," Hawk exclaimed.

"My favorite kind of victory," Demetri added, throwing his arm around Eileen. She half smiled, still feeling bad for what happened.

Hawk drove to Eileen's house first, noticing a bunch of torn-up things in the driveway.

"What the hell?" Eileen asked, running into her house, forgetting her wallet and phone.

"Eileen!" Demetri called but she rushed in.

"What if someone broke in?" Sam spoke up.

"And what if they're still there?" Hawk added, Miguel, gaining a confused look while Demetri gained a worried one. The four walked into the house to find a bunch of rose petals that led to the attic.

Demetri looked confused at the group who told him to go first as he climbed up the ladder. Once he was up there, Eileen held a bouquet of roses as Samuel held the sign that asked him if he wanted to go to prom.

He walked forward as the trio climbed up to see. Demetri who was in shock immediately started to nod, gaining a huge grin on everyone's face. Eileen rushed to him and kissed him before hugging him tightly. 

"Man, I knew I should have gotten Eileen when I had the chance," Sam muttered. Miguel looked at her offended, "what?"

AN: i meant to finish and
publish yesterday but i had
a six-hour swim meet that
should've been three maybe
four hours.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro