Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

All in

"Hey mom, where do we keep the water bottles for workouts?" Eileen asked looking through the cupboards.

"Still in the boxes, are you doing some sort of workout?" Kelli asked, turning away from her cooking to focus on her daughter.

"Going to Miyagi Do Karate, see what Samuel's been talking about," she responded, finding the Gatorade water bottle and walking into the kitchen to fill it up.

"Be careful, then alright? If you feel dizzy or lightheaded then sit down or grab someone to balance," Kelli instructed even though Eileen already knew. The daughter gave a thumbs up before walking out of the house to the LaRussos, which wasn't a long walk.

Eileen entered the backyard five minutes earlier than the scheduled practice.

"There she is! And Samuel said there was going to be someone else as well?" Daniel asked. Eileen nodded as Daniel gave her a paintbrush.

"You two are going to paint the fence, now I want you to trust the process-" Daniel told the girl before she nodded eagerly.

"Hello?" Demetri said out loud. Eileen waved him over and he walked to her while Daniel went to go get him a paintbrush.

"So what are we starting with? Why are you holding a paintbrush?" Demetri asked her.

"We're painting the fence," she explained as Daniel left the shed.

"The whole fence," Demetri looked at her and she nodded, "that's like 1200 meters square feet!"

"Actually, times two, you forgot about the other side," Daniel corrected.

Demetri sighed, "oh, okay. I get it. You're teaching me muscle memory. Do it a bunch of times, and develop unconscious karate techniques. How about we just cut to the chase and you show me the moves?"

Daniel shook his head while Eileen started to paint the fence. Demetri groaned before going to the other side of the fence and painting it, completing that task faster. Once they were done Daniel was showing them blocking movements, Eileen quickly catching on while Demetri struggled.

"I'm not exactly the most flexible. Eileen is, she's an ex-ballerina and... I have a little trouble maintaining balance. Hope that's not an issue. Disproportionate limbs," Demetri explained showing them. Daniel nodded, not knowing how to respond before getting Eileen to grab a step ladder and get Demetri to paint part of his house for practice.

"That's it. Side to side," Daniel confided him, Eileen copying his movement from the ground.

"Can I at least use a roller?"

"Demetri shush! I'm concentrating,"

"On what? Painting the fake wall?" Demetri retorted before Daniel made them sand the wood, going in a circular motion.

"Left circle, right circle. There you go," Daniel instructed Eileen. The girl looked up and gave a smile before Demetri cried out.

"What, what?" Daniel asked as Demetri held his finger.

"Splinter," the boy explained as Eileen inspected it, "ah it's a big one." Eileen using her nails, pulled it out of his finger, making Demetri whine softly. Daniel patted his shoulder while Eileen gave him a thumbs up.

Then, Daniel, had them meditate, Eileen enjoying it before Demetri interrupted.

"How much longer are we doing this? My arms are getting tired and I've had to pee since before we started." He asked.

"Demetri I'm going to bring back the complain jar back if you don't shut up," Eileen threatened. Daniel sighed letting them both go home.

The next day, Demetri and Eileen caught Robby and Sam practicing. Eileen cheered them on, catching them both off guard and almost falling in.

"Sorry!" The girl apologized, waving to the duo.

"Uh, hey, are we doing shirts vs skins? Cause I prefer to be a shirt," Demetri trailed off realizing that if they were doing that, Eileen would take her shirt off, "Not saying that you have to be a skin unless you want to. I support your right to choose."

"Tri, please be quiet, thoughts exist for a reason," Eileen patted his back while Daniel called them over.

"Hey, Mr. L. Before we begin," the disproportioned boy handed him a note, "It's a note from my mom excusing me from any extensive arm and leg movements. So, uh, if there's any alternative lesson I could do..."

"Show me sand the floor," Daniel instructed him. Demetri was confused and thought he was going to do chores again before Daniel specified that he had to do the movement. Daniel went in to kick and instead of blocking it Demetri just let it happen.

"Cmon you're supposed to block that! Eileen, show me sand the floor," Daniel asked her. Eileen nodded, blocking the four kicks he threw at her. Daniel thanked her and made her go on a water break, making Demetri talk to him.

"Hey, Eileen!" Sam greeted. Eileen turned as Sam hugged her. She wasn't used to Sam being nice yet but she wasn't going to let it go.

"We were going to the mall later, wanna join?" Sam asked. Eileen nodded turning towards Demetri.

"Can he come? We're kind of a package deal right now," Eileen asked as Demetri walked towards them, upset.

"Like an old married couple," Robby said out loud, as Demetri laid his head on Eileen's shoulder. She patted his head while Sam nodded with wide eyes. Once everyone was ready, they packed into Eileen's car, with Sam in the passenger seat and Demetri and Robby being crushed in the back.

"Let's come to an agreement that this is the first and last time we use Eileen's car to go on a friend trip," Demetri said, being right beside Robby.

"I agree," Robby approved.

"It's not that bad," Eileen started, looking at how cramped Robby and Demetri were.

"It is, but it's hilarious," Sam said, snapping a photo of the two clearly in need of personal space. The four got out and immediately went to the food area.

"I think I'm going to get a smoothie," Eileen commenced before walking over to the tropical smoothie to get the banana mama.

"She's a smoothie machine," Demetri explained before they parted ways to get their food. Eileen heard what he said and while it was true, she was also nervous about eating foods that could be damaging to her heart. Once she finally got her smoothie, she heard the Demetri talking about Patrick Swayze.

"Sorry, Tri, dirty dancing is where it's at," Eileen started. Sam and Robby, agreed with what she said.

"Wait, is today Wednesday?" Demetri asked.
The other three nodded.

"The new issue of dungeon lord came out today! Eileen, come with me to get it! Make sure no one throws away my chicken!" Demetri stood up and took the hand Eileen lifted and the two rushed to get it.

"And you're telling me they're never dated but always been like that?" Robby asked Sam again. The brunette girl nodded.

"The warlock of Narfoor's back? He just died," Demetri sighed. Eileen patted him on the back before she saw a familiar mohawk come into their view.

"Still can't wait to read that new issue, huh?" Hawk said, Chris and Mitch, following behind him like bodyguards. Eileen stared at the three nervously.

"Nice hair. What is this your red hulk phase?" He asked back. Eileen grabbed his hand and stood next to him as Hawk walked forward.

"I saw your yelp review. Take it down," Hawk threatened. Eileen knew Hawk was acting different but threatening his best friend?

"What yelp review?" Eileen asked but no one responded to her.

"And ruin my journalistic integrity? Look, I'm sorry, but someone had to say something. And besides, taking it down could hurt my Yelp elite status," Demetri told the boy. Hawk shoved him back, knocking over a stash filled with comics.

"Hawk!" She scolded as she went to help Demetri. Hawk grabbed her shoulder and pushed her back harshly.

"I said take it down." Chris grabbed her elbow and pushed her out of the fight. Chris saw the look she was giving and mouthed 'Sorry' before turning back around. Eileen used that chance to escape the store and find Robby and Sam.

"Sam! Robby!" Eileen cried out, watching them walk around the mall. Eileen stopped and grabbed her knees as her breathing became harder. She heard Sam and Robby ask her if she was okay and she pointed at the food court where Cobra Kai was targeting Demetri.

Sam and Robby used that time to defend Demetri while Eileen caught her breath. She was embarrassed that she was losing more often than usual before walking up to the group.

"Five against four? More like 3 1/2". Hawk said before the fight commenced. Eileen pulled Demetri behind her while Sam and Robby fought the boys. One guy came at Eileen with a punch but using the sand the floor method, she blocked it and Sam kicked him away from them.

Robby finished the fight by knocking Hawk out with his leg. Eileen stared in shock before Sam walked over to Demetri with his chicken. The group drove back to the LaRussos most of which was in silence.

"Can one of you talk so I don't have to think about what happened until Mr. L asks us?" Demetri asked. Eileen nodded hitting shuffle on her playlist with Karma Chameleon by Culture club coming on.

"I love this song!" Eileen exclaimed.

"What is this song?" Robby asked.

"Have you heard of Karma Chameleon?" She asked, almost offended.

"No everyone listens to that song, E" Demetri sighed, knowing her love of the song.

"I want this song played at my funeral," Eileen admitted before humming along to the song.

"Which won't be soon," Demetri said, covering the shock of her just admitting that. Once they made it back Demetri went to sulk and Eileen went to comfort while Robby and Sam went to talk somewhere else.

"Hey, Eileen, can Demetri and I talk amongst ourselves for a bit?" Daniel asked. Eileen nodded, ruffling his hair before walking away.

"I think I'm gonna head home," Eileen admitted to Sam and Robby.

"Okay. Be safe," Sam said hugging her. Eileen nodded and exited the door. Eileen wanted to know what was happening at Cobra Kai, so she decided she was going to watch in on one of their lessons.

The next day came and she hid in the store next to Cobra Kai before the lesson started and she was able to watch. She watched students aggressively attack each other, neither one willing to stop which gave a sick feeling in her stomach.

A car pulled up and Mr. LaRusso came out angry, "Eileen?"

Eileen turned around shocked, "I'm not joining, just watching. Why are they so aggressive?" She asked before Daniel ignored her and walked in. She heard the two men yelling at each other before Daniel said something that caused other kids to stand up and leave.

Daniel exited as did the other kids before the older man turned and looked at Eileen who stood awkwardly, "Come on kid, I'll take you back to Miyagi Do." Eileen nodded and she watched as the Cobra Kais started to do burpees.

A.N: long episode
but we got the duo
learning karate together

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro