2| Holding Cell

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I walked back around to the car, flexing my bloody hand and shaking it a little. My eyes narrowed when I saw the angel talking to Dean.

"Whoa," the angel said, eyes widening when she spotted me. "What happened to your hand?"

"Nothin'," I dismissed her, ignoring Dean's look.

"Doesn't look like nothing. You punch a wall or something? I punched a wall once. Well, a poster on the wall, but same diff, right? Freshman year, I had this roommate, Becky. She had this giant poster of Elsa. You know, from 'Frozen'? And I mean, who brings something like that to college? A cartoon? Really? Like, 'hello homeschool', right?"

"You done?" Dean snapped at her, obviously tired of her shenanigans.

"Anyway, Becky was- and I say this is the most feminist, screw the patriarchy way- a giant super bitch. She'd take things, break things, and piss people off, and just do whatever she wanted, no matter who it hurt."

Dean and I were both giving her looks to stop talking now, though she continued to be oblivious- or at least act oblivious. I didn't know why this angel was acting like some dumb drunk, but I didn't think it would end well for us.

"It's like the whole world was just Becky to her, you know?"

"Mm," I nodded sarcastically. "So you punched her poster."

"And lit most of her stuff on fire."

She shrugged off of Dean and my look.

"I got issues," she defended herself.

"Hey, s-" Sam stopped when he saw the 'drunk' angel, eyes moving to my bloody knuckles. "What did you do to your hand?"

"Don't ask," Drunk Angel told him. "She's super sensitive."

"You got anything?" Dean asked, diverting the attention back on topic.

"Yeah, I- I know where he is," Sam nodded.

"Good. Great. Let's go," I said.

We climbed into the Impala, pulling away and I looked over to see that the angel had written the word 'bitch' in the dust on the window.

"That was an angel," I announced.

"What?" Sam asked.

"That was an angel. We need to be careful."

When we got to the Sheriff's station where Jack was, Sam, Jack and I ended up getting locked in a holding cell while the Sheriff interrogated Dean.

"You didn't need to tase him," I hissed at Sam, gesturing to the unconscious Jack.

"Didn't hear you coming up with a better plan," Sam shot back.

Just then, Jack sat up, grunting and quickly put as much space between himself and Sam as he could. He glared at the younger Winchester, blue eyes glowing with a golden light as he crouched in a defensive position.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Sam held his hands up in a placating gesture. "Easy, easy, easy, easy. It's okay. You're okay. I'm not gonna hurt you."

"You already hurt me," Jack pointed out.

"Yes, I did. I-I'm sorry. I was just trying to slow you down. You- you were, uh... Are you alright?"

"I don't, I... I was scared, and when I get scared, things happen," Jack spoke, the glow fading from his eyes. "I... I can't stop them."

"Why were you scared?" I asked gently.

"Because of the voices," the Nephilim replied, dropping his voice to a whisper. "They were so... loud, so... angry."

"Do you hear them right now?" Sam asked.

"No."

"Good. Good."

Sam visibly relaxed beside me as Jack sat criss cross applesauce style on the cot opposite us.

"I'm sorry," the young boy apologized.

"What?" I queried.

"Will you tell them that I'm sorry?"

"Yeah. Sure. Of course," I nodded.

A silence fell in the cell and I glanced over at Sam before looking back at Jack.

"Jack... how are you, um... How are we... talking right now?" I questioned him. "I mean, you're- you're not even a day old. How do you speak English?"

"My mother taught me."

"So you talked to her."

"I was her."

"Okay. And, um... your powers. Did she teach you those, too, or..."

Jack stood up, heading over to the nearest wall and tracing the seams between the concrete blocks with a finger as he spoke.

"No, I... I don't know why these things happen. It's like I'm me, but... not me."

"Jack, look, um... before you were born, you- you opened a door to another world. Do you remember that?"

He inhaled deeply, eyes focused on the wall in front of him.

"Yes."

"Okay, um, could you do that again?"

"I don't... I... I have to find my father. He'll protect me."

"Jack, you gotta listen to us," Sam piped up. "That's not really what Lucifer does."

"Lucifer? No, that's not his name. My father is Castiel."

My breath hitched in my throat and I looked down, flexing my injured hand again. Sam watched the movement I made, but thankfully didn't comment.

"What?" he asked instead, focusing on Jack.

"My mother, she said Castiel, he would keep me safe. With you," Jack looked over at me. "She said the world was a dangerous place. That's- that's why I couldn't be a baby or a child. I... That's why I had to grow up fast. That's why I chose him to be my father. Where is he?"

Sam looked over at me again, reaching over to give my uninjured hand a comforting squeeze as he delivered the awful news.

"He's dead."

Jack's face contorted in sadness and distress at Sam's words. I really didn't blame him. I could feel my chest constricting and it becoming much harder for me to breath.

"Ellie?" Jack asked.

"Hey, Ellie, breathe," Sam told me, getting up off the cot and coming around to crouch in front of my face. "You're okay."

Dean came into the cell block, stopping outside the holding cell to talk to us.

"Alright, we're good to go," he announced, then stopped when he saw me. "Ellie Bear?"

"I'm... fine," I said between deep breaths, mimicking Sam.

There was the sound of the door opening in the other room.

"You said we're good to go?" Sam asked, looking over at Dean.

"Yeah, the Sheriff- I gave her the talk. She's gonna need a minute, but she's cool," Dean replied, giving me a worried glance before looking over at Jack. "So... let's grab Damien here and find someplace quiet..."

He clicked his tongue, giving a thumbs up to Sam.

"No, no, no, Dean," Sam shook his head. "Jack is not evil. He- he- he's just a kid."

"Are you... He's Lucifer's son."

"We need him," I chimed in.

"What?"

"Like-" Sam began.

"Help!" a cry cut him off from the other room.

Dean looked from Sam and I over to Jack and then left without another word to investigate.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro