~• 12. Friendship •~

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Hello. Hope you are doing well. I am back with the 12th chapter. Hope you all will like it! Happy Reading 💕

Date : 29th July 2021
Day : Thursday

"Inform Rajkumari that I am here to meet her. Ask for her permission." Arjun asked the maid infront of Draupadi's chamber.

The maid was first confused but later bowed down and went inside to inform Draupadi about Arjun's arrival.

"You can go inside Rajkumar." the maid informed coming back from the chamber. Arjun nodded and went inside to see Draupadi sitting in front of the table sorting few papers.

"Did I disturb you?" Arjun asked politely.

"No. Not at all. I was just sorting few papers related to the administration sector. I am almost done. Anything important?" Draupadi asked.

"I am very confused. I am clueless about what to do. I am stuck between love and responsibility." Arjun explained.

Looking away from the papers, Draupadi instructed, "First, please sit down. And take a deep breath in and exhale it out. Repeat it 3 times."

Arjun did as he was told and looked at her, his face radiating hope. "I have tried my level best to talk to Sangeetha. But she has an argument ready in her hand." Sighed Panchali.

"You have tried with all your might. You have did whatever you could. I ain't complaining about that. But the real problem is I am not understanding what to do now? Whether to move on or stuck there." Arjun explained his situation.

"I am no one to tell that. But if you insist then I tell you to follow your heart. Mind is always manipulating. Do what your heart says." smiled Krishnaa.

"You are exactly Madhav's sakhi. He too tells the same but not exactly."

"That I am. Rajkumar the answer you are searching is in your heart. So do as your heart says. Now I will have to marry you once again. I heard that they are again getting us married formally in the presence of family and friends. So the only option we have is to convince Sangeetha or let go."

Arjun hummed in response looking down. "Talk to Sangeetha once. Let her not sacrifice for me. If she thinks that I will be uncomfortable with having her as co-wife, then clarify her that I don't. I will not be having any expectations from you. Explain your situation to her. She will understand."

"What if she doesn't?" questioned Arjun.

"I think we can't force anyone..." Draupadi said hesitantly.

"You are right.. Can I ask you something?" Arjun asked. Draupadi nodded positively. "Our marriage was done as a friendship alliance between two powerful kingdoms. So why can't we be friends? If you don't mind..." he added.

"Is there anything to mind? I will be glad to be your friend." grinned Panchali.

Arjun smiled, "Thank you. I didn't think you would agree for this. I am happy you did."

"Why did you even think that I will not agree? And there's no formalities between friendship. Soo, you know what you have to do." chuckled Yagyaseni.

"Thanks taken back. I will be going to Magadh. I will try to speak to her. Will be back by evening if everything's fine. If not, I will be back soon." Arjun smiled slightly.

"All the best. I wish you get what you want." Draupadi replied.

Arjun smiled in response and headed back. Today was a big day for him. How his future will be, depends on what Sangeetha says today. One last try.

•⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆•

"I heard something sakhi. Is it true?" Kanha said coming to the kitchen.

"Sakha, you here in the kitchen?" asked Draupadi surprised.

"Where else will your sakha get butter. Arya, today is no butter day. So you will not be getting butter." remarked Rukmini.

"Rukmini, don't be so strict to my Kanha." Kunti said feeding butter to Krishna.

"Mata you always side him." pouted Rukmini.

"Because I am always right Vaidharbhi!" exclaimed Krishna.

"As if I am wrong?" Rukmini rolled her eyes.

Krishna giggled and asked, "What's special brewing up here? All the ladies are assembled in the kitchen?"

"Because all men are in the court room discussing war strategies. We stayed there for sometime but got bored. So we are here cooking to kill our boredom." Gandhari replied.

"Kanha, it's surprising that you are not there arguing with Gandhar Raj." commented Sumathi.

"I wanted to talk to my sakhi. So, I am here taking her. You guys continue!" said Krishna and took Draupadi with him to the gardens.

"What is it sakha?" asked Panchali panting.

"I heard that Parth had come to your chamber..!"

"Yes. And now we aren't strangers but friends." Krishnaa smiled.

"Not fair sakhi. When I am here, you are busy making another friend!" pouted Kanha.

"It's nothing like that. You will be my friend always. It's that we have no other option than marrying him formally again. I have to be his wife. But we can't continue our life with being strangers. So, this was required." answered Panchali.

"Whatever." Krishna rolled his eyes dramatically.

"Haww!! I had thought to give you a pot of butter today. But as you are angry on me, let me give it to someone else." Draupadi pouted.

"Sakhi!! Butter? Who told I am angry on you? I can never be angry with my sakhi." pleaded Krishna with his adorable puppy eyes.

Draupadi chuckled then both headed back to the kitchen to 'steal' the butter. Thankfully, Samhitha gaurded them while they were stealing it.

Before lunch, Arjun had already arrived back to the palace indicating that Sangeetha didn't agree for the marriage. He was trying his best to not show his feelings but Panchali got to know about it as she knew everything.

"It's okay..." she said. She was not knowing what to exactly tell him, how to console him. Just the two words came to her mind.

"I am fine. Shall we have our lunch?" he asked controlling his emotions.

"Sure. Come." she replied asking everyone to assemble for lunch. Everyone talked fun, pulled each other's legs and shared laughter. Arjun was also getting involved and laughing. But was he laughing heartfully? Answer unknown to her.

How's the chapter?
To be continued...

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro